“Great location, great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location, great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View is in a great location, within easy reach of the city, from the metro station round the corner. We had a very spacious and well appointed room on the top floor, with a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows, providing a stunning view across to Manhattan. You can watch the sun set over the Empire State Building and Brooklyn Bridge. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. The only negative is the bar. What could be a nice space to relax in the evening, after a busy day in the city is completely spoilt by the VERY loud music, which makes conversation impossible and presumably is why it is always empty. Otherwise it was great and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! We want to thank you for your time in giving us some feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments concerning the music to the Restaurant Management. We're delighted you had a nice stay and look forward to your return some day.

Travel Safely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Lancaster,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I travel a lot with my job and I must say at first I was a little taken back with this hotel and not sure about things but Danny and Elizabeth made up for everything! I am a Platinum IHG member and they do recognize that. I was surprised with the parking arraignments with only 20 spots but they accommodated me (even though my car was hit in their parking lot I was still grateful that I didn't have to park in a junk hard on the corner). The location is awesome right by the subway, and the Brazilian Steakhouse Restaurant inside the hotel is to die for!! Absolutely amazing food and service for affordable prices!! The view from this hotel is by far the best value for the money! I will be on a stretch assignment in NY, and this will be my home away from home no doubt!!! Thank you HI!!!

Stayed August 2014
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. I appreciate your confidence and great feedback about the location and services especially the dynamic duo Danny and Elizabeth who are true ambassadors of the Holiday Inn Brand! We could thank you enough and hope that parking doesn't interfere with your experience while staying with us next time. Safe Travels!

Warm Regards,
Versailles, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We book for 2 queen standard rooms (21/07/2014-24/07/2014). One is spacefull with 2 beds and a Manhattan view, the second is very small, in front of the noisy ice machine with no view ... All is clean, the service is good, the subway is close. No fridge, no bathtub in this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay recently. The hotel has mini refrigerators in most rooms and also on request. We surely could have sent one to your room if one was necessary, I apologize. We appreciate the comments about the service and the location. We hope the next time we can change your view. Thank you again for sharing and welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Merci encore et adieu
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great place outside Manhattan. 2 minutes to the train station and 15 minutes to the center of the universe :-)
clean place, great restaurant and professional stuff.
I had the Manahattan View Suite and the view I saw every day was breath holder!
Try to get as high as possible room. The view worth the money!
I was disappointed from the fact that the room does not have safe (?!?!?!) but its nothing compering to the rest.
Pay attention that parking in this place cost money but its only 20$ per day. Not a big issue.
Bottom line - if you want to stay in Manhattan but not to pay the parking or the fees for the city. use this hotel.
Personally - -I will again

Room Tip: Take a room as high as possible facing to the city. Manhattan suite is the ultimate view to the cit...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rafael,

We want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View located in Long Island City Queens New York! We appreciate the kind feedback and details concerning your stay with us. In fact, this is the closest you can get to Manhattan and we're delighted you found the location convenient. We hope to have you stay the next time and again the Manhattan View will certainly leave a great memory. From all of the staff here, we wish you safe travels.

Most Appreciatively,
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great Stay, Good location, parking was not that difficult. Thought it may get tricky but perhaps I was lucky. Was able to park out front on the street. Meters are there until 5pm so i spent $2.00 for 2 hours... Staff was friendly and recognized IHG status and was extremely helpful on dinner reservations, things to do and see, go and stay. Great Job, Great staff and not a bad location (some construction around the area and you have to drive thru some sketchy areas, but overall, this is a good place for NY $$$$$ for sure.

Room Tip: try to get one of the rooms on the 16th floor. awesome view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Tommy,

We appreciate the support and explanation with parking. Thank you for being a valued IHG Rewards Member and I will mention your Great comments about the staff. Once again, we appreciate the opportunity to welcome you again sometime in the future. I think your room tip is spot on and I'm sure to receive many requests!

Warmest Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The room is quite nice and the staff attentive. I had a great view of the city. There was a stain on one of the chairs in the room which then makes you doubt the cleanliness of the rest of the room, but I didn't find anything else bad. When I was checking in, however, I overheard another guest being told that the hotel parking lot was full and was provided some other options that were definitely less convenient.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback and recommendations. We do not want you or anyone else to be overly concerned with the alternate parking options as they are literally next to the property. With limited parking on site you may have to park next door. However, if you find yourself in the area next time please feel free to contact me as we apologize about the impression we gave you with the room chair. I will make a note of it, thank you.

Appreciatively,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here from 8 July to 15 July.
This was my second stay. Last year I did not enjoy my time.
So much so that I left and moved to the Best Western, also in LIC.

This time was a complete turnaround.
Almost as though it was a different hotel.
I received an upgrade on check in; the room was clean, modern and spacious, and best of all was the Keurig coffee maker. Arguably the best coffee I’ve had in a hotel room. Anywhere.

The hotel is a 6 min walk to the subway, which takes about 15 mins to get to midtown. For seniors, the many steps required to climb up from the street to the subway (around thirty) would not make it an option.

Cabs from the hotel have to be booked ahead and take 5-10 mins to arrive. To 26th and Fifth cost $22 and to Penn Station, $35. The local car service charges $40 to JFK.

The hotel serves breakfast for $10 and an all you can eat Brazilian BBQ dinner for $20. I did not try either, but understand both are good value.

I have no idea why my experience this time was so much better, but believe it has something to do with new hotels opening up in the area recently and injecting competition into the market.

That said, why I my time was great I am not sure. What is sure is that I will certainly by back.

Out of 10 I’d give the hotel a 8.5. And I am a hard person to please.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear JA,

Having had the pleasure of corresponding with you on your return visit, I assured you would have a entirely different experience. Thank you for giving us another chance. Our goal is to be a perfect 10 next time. We appreciate your time feedback!

Hooroo!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!