You added Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View to your Saves list
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
“great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel in june.
I like that it was close to subway, only 4 stops to Manhattan.
I liked the room, it was clean, spacious, wery comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean, and we got constant refills on bathroom supplies.
The room was cleaned and the trash was taken out daliy.
I also liked that we had a coffe machine with coffee and tea, also refilled every day.
And I liked that we had a clothing iron and ironing table, very useful after unpacking a suitcase full of wrinkled shirts :))
The staff was nice and friendly.
Good job guys! I will definetly recommend!

Room Tip: I stayed at the 4th floor, facing the store across the street and it was a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Christina,

Thank you again for your time and feedback! Your first review on Tripadvisor! Thank you for pointing out the great aspects of the location and convenience to Manhattan. Delighted your room was up to the Holiday Inn standard and you had ample amount of supplies. Our Housekeepig Staff is one of the best and we're proud of the product we deliver. Next time stay local and enjoy our Brazilian Steak House or local pub across the street. I want to thank you again for choosing to stay with us and appreciate the support and recommendation.

Most Graciously,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a 2 days layover in N.Y.C.
I've chosen the hotel because I didnt want to stay in Manhattan (too expensive in my opinion...) but still wanted to be close to the the city.
It was a very good idea!
The hotel is perfectly located. A taxi to and from JFK airport takes 30 minutes.
For your trip to Manhattan there is 2 subway stations in walking distance. In my opinion the best way to get into the city. Awesome!
My room (502) appears clean and fresh. The king bed was very comfortable and I could find a very good night sleep. Didnt even felt jetlagged...
I was very happy with the cleanliness of the room.
The bathroom was in a perfect shape, I liked the very spacious walk-in-shower and the marble bathroom design.

Futhermore I'd like to highlight Rosa from the front desk. She was one of the most dedicated, professional and very very friendly person I've met lately on my trips around the world! All the special wishes I had, she fixed those immediately. Thank you once more, Rosa!

The only thing I did not like with the hotel is the breakfast.
It was freezing cold in the restaurant and felt just not very welcoming.
Better spend the 10 USD for the breakfast somewhere else. In my opinion the products are not worth the 10 bucks. Warmed-up food such as Scrambled egg, pancakes and fruits out of the freezer? No thanks...

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for choosing to stay close to Manhattan and choosing our hotel! I would like to thank you for highlighting the convenience and value to Manhattan as well. I appreciate the kind feedback regarding Rosa and the service you encountered while staying with us. I will certainly let her know our guests are talking about her! I also would like to thank you for the details on the cleanliness of the room and will also let our Housekeeping Team the great job they do each any every day.

I apologize about the restaurant experience and will forward your feedback to the Management. Should you every stop over on this side of the country again please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Warmest,
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Got to hotel two hours after landing at JFK - since gps routed to empty lot- called hotel - spoke to "Melkis" - who directed us everywhere but the hotel. Finally got there after asking different motorist and what a check-in experience. We initially asked for double beds on our reservation - it was noted in file- per rep. -however Mr. Melkis told us that double beds were reserved for "paying customers". (I think he meant for customers paying at a higher rate attending the Belmont races) Interestingly, I asked him to repeat what he just told me and arrogantly enough, he repeated it. For the record- we were not staying free. Also, asked if he would be able to move us later on- which never happened - and was told hotel totally booked for our entire stay. He offered to put a cot in the room - which he told us we would be charged $25 daily. I declined. Needless to say, we were exhausted after driving around - and with no consideration by this representative to make our check-in pleasant- he then handed me a piece of paper to initial - and asked me if he needed to repeat himself again. I restrained my comments- just for this reveiw and the one I will post on yelp as well as notify my corporate office - of the unprofessionalism received at this hotel- which does not equate to the standard we expect. About 15-20 minutes later,exited the elevator - carpet dirty in hallway, room bedding dirty, chair soiled,out of order vending machine -which later disturbed our floor (sounded like the fire alarm) called the front desk- which sent a engineer to fix it. A positive - the bathroom was clean and nice- we actually joked about moving the mattress in the bathroom.We attempted to go next door to the Home 2 by Hilton - but they were booked. This location is convienently located for access to trains, nice pub across the street and breakfast deli on the corner. Will upload photos of soiled items and vending machine at a later date.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear M H,

We appreciate your detail account of your arrival process to the hotel. From the sound of it, it was quite a long ride from Florida. While we feel most of your expectations were attempted to be met by the hotel representative, we again apologize that the hotel had been fully committed and availability for rooms over the weekend did not materialize. Your reservation was made for a single bed. The cleanliness issues also were not communicated to anyone during your stay? Should you have contacted a member of management upon your arrival or before you departed, we sure would have made you feel better before leaving, for that I apologize.

After reading your feedback and speaking with our staff, we again wanted to assure you that our reputation does speak for its self. We didn't however meet your expectations this time. Please contact me directly so you can discuss your stay in more detail and you can show me the pictures as well at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700.

I want to thank you again for your feedback and for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

KANAGAWA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed room #806, north-east side. No bathtub, shower-booth only but it was clean and bright. I loved it

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time and feedback! Thank you for taking some great pictures of the rooms and view to show our future guests. I will certainly pass on your cleanliness feedback to our Housekeeping Staff! One of the best in our city! We're glad you loved it too.......

We appreciate your stay with us........

Kindest Regards,
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York. We stayed for week in May and our stay could not have been better. We found the reception staff extremely helpful, especially Melkiss and Elizabeth who often worked the evening shift. We had a 3rd floor room and while it did not have Manhattan views, it was extremely large by NY standards with a large bathroom too. Breakfast was excellent, with a great selection of fresh fruit and more traditional American style goodies. We also tried the Brazilian restaurant, which was definitely great value for money. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.
Pat and Mino from Ireland and Italy.

Room Tip: Choose a room on lower floors as what you sacrifice in views you gain in space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat and Mino,

On behalf of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel! Thank you for the gracious feedback and it wonderful hearing that the services at the hotel were to your expectations and the food and beverage a good value. You were fortunate enough to engage with Elizabeth and Melkis who are great duo and really know the hotel and the area. Thank you again for your feedback!

Till the next time Ireland and Italy meet again, we hope it will be in Long Island City!

Cheers,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As we had this hotel booked by a friend who is a tour agent, we had a free upgrade to a suite.
We stayed in the 'Queens Suite' on the Penthouse floor 17.
Lovely large room with loung area.

Service was so so.
Reception was usually run by 1 or 2 staff, and it was always busy with a queue.
No safe in room ! Even a penthouse suite ... very poor. I then went to reception with some items I required for safe storage and even the safe in reception is ONLY for documents, nothing more.
They said they would store it in their office for safe keeping. A day later I wanted my items back and it took them nearly 10 minutes to find it !! Used a locked suitcase from then on.

When it was windy outside, there was an awful howling wind noise which was so loud it kept me up for 2 nights (never got to the bottom of the cause), but I never reported it as it was a free upgrade and we were only staying for 3 nights anyway. lovely view from balcony though !

Breakfast was ok, very basic, some seemingly stale foods such as bagels / cakes ... definately not fresh that day. Hot offerings were very poor. Minimal cereal, mainly small packets for kids.

We did try lunch there one day which was a BBQ meal and the spread for lunch was fab and the BBQ foods being brought to the table were yummy !

Improve your breakfast offerings and I might up the ratings, but I was very unhappy with what there was on offer. Restaurant staff always seemed a little rushed off their feet and not that attentive.

Hotel is near to a subway, but otherwise, the location is pretty poor, but then that part of Queens is like that.

Overall, good value for an average hotel.
Would I stay here again in Queens, no.

Room Tip: Queens suite is very noisy when it is windy. No lock on patio door, but then again, you are on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for giving us a try and giving us your feedback. We apologize the stay could not have been better. Our staff try very hard to assist each and every guest expeditiously however we appreciated your patience with us. Glad to hear that the lunch served you well and we will certainly pass on your feedback concerning breakfast to the restaurant management. This area continues to improve with several hotels and residential properties developing as well as restaurants and convenience stores opening. We really appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconveniences again. We do hope your 3rd visit to the USA will be better. Please feel free to contact us if we can offer a better experience for your next visit.

Travel Safely!

Kindest Regards,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We would recommend this hotel as it is comfortable and close to Manhattan - approximately 15 minutes by getting the N subway train.

Our room was spacious and we had a good view of the Upper Manhattan skyline from the eighth floor. Hint - if you have the option try and get higher - we went up to the fifteenth floor and had a much better view compared with our view which was partially blocked by a derelict building. Housekeeping was immaculate.

Regarding the restaurant, this was lacking in the usual atmosphere we expect from Holiday Inn and we didn't use it after the first night.

The breakfast buffet was very good and well managed (didn't catch the manager's name). Also, the waiter Jose went beyond the call of duty and was very attentive and friendly and always keen to ensure diners had the best experience.

We had an issue with our door keys not working for several days when we returned to the hotel. This took a couple of days to resolve. It was suggested by the desk staff that this was caused by stores' security but we were never quite convinced by this.

Front desk staff were generally very helpful. We would single out Milo who was very helpful to us even printing out our boarding cards when the printer downstairs was out of action. At check out, another very efficient and friendly colleague (didn't catch his name) helped us store our baggage until we needed to leave for our flight, enabling us to have a last short trip into the city.

All in all we would definitely stay here again as it was good value, very close to the subway, and had reasonable view of Manhattan.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property! I will certainly share this review with my Associates and congratulate them on making an impression as well providing good service to our guests! I appreciate you sharing the convenience you have to NYC from our hotel it really has its perks. While we are sorry to hear about the Restaurant atmosphere and the key cards, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return next time. If I can be any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for providing helpful tips for our future guests. We appreciate your time and feedback!

Appreciatively,