As we had this hotel booked by a friend who is a tour agent, we had a free upgrade to a suite.
We stayed in the 'Queens Suite' on the Penthouse floor 17.
Lovely large room with loung area.
Service was so so.
Reception was usually run by 1 or 2 staff, and it was always busy with a queue.
No safe in room ! Even a penthouse suite ... very poor. I then went to reception with some items I required for safe storage and even the safe in reception is ONLY for documents, nothing more.
They said they would store it in their office for safe keeping. A day later I wanted my items back and it took them nearly 10 minutes to find it !! Used a locked suitcase from then on.
When it was windy outside, there was an awful howling wind noise which was so loud it kept me up for 2 nights (never got to the bottom of the cause), but I never reported it as it was a free upgrade and we were only staying for 3 nights anyway. lovely view from balcony though !
Breakfast was ok, very basic, some seemingly stale foods such as bagels / cakes ... definately not fresh that day. Hot offerings were very poor. Minimal cereal, mainly small packets for kids.
We did try lunch there one day which was a BBQ meal and the spread for lunch was fab and the BBQ foods being brought to the table were yummy !
Improve your breakfast offerings and I might up the ratings, but I was very unhappy with what there was on offer. Restaurant staff always seemed a little rushed off their feet and not that attentive.
Hotel is near to a subway, but otherwise, the location is pretty poor, but then that part of Queens is like that.
Overall, good value for an average hotel.
Would I stay here again in Queens, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York