We stayed here on a recent trip to NY. Being first timers, I was worried about how to navigate around NYC and whether the subway would be close enough to the hotel. We took the N or Q line every time we visited the city. We bought the unlimited pass which was good for 7-days for $31 a person. With how timely and easily accessible the metro is, this is an awesome deal. The subway is literally a 3 minute walk from the hotel. We traveled between 9 am - 12:30 pm at night and never had a problem with the location or feared for our safety at all.
The hotel itself was what you would normally expect from a HIEx. Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Rambo at the front counter was awesome during our check in. She was very friendly and offered as much help as she possibly could. My wife had some other interactions from other staff members during our stay, and all were very friendly. Housekeeping on our floor was also extremely friendly, so if management is reading this let them know they do a great job!
Just across the street there is a little deli/convenience store and just one street up there is an awesome Chinese restaurant that also delivers.
All in all, I really don't see any negatives to staying at this hotel. The location is great and if you don't mind a 10 minute ride into the city then book here. It's so close, I believe the Central park stop is maybe 10 minutes away and the times square stop is 15 or so.
TIPS for first timers to new york.....
-Buy the unlimited pass on the metro, its worth it.
-If you have google maps on your phone, it will help you navigate the subway system. Switch it to show public transit and it will route you, including what stops to get off for transfers and approximately how long the travel will take. Seriously, this saved our lives on this trip and made navigation so easy.
-I was surprised that most food delivery ends by 9, even on the weekends. So bring food back with you from the city as there isn't much near the hotel.
We loved our trip and if we come back anytime soon, we willstay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York