“Great choice of hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Great choice of hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this L.I.City hotel twice recently and we're very glad we did.
The hotel was recommended to us by my brother, who stays there regularly when visiting on business.
The location is very convenient, about 300m from a direct rail connection to Manhattan. The area is a little run down in places but has a lot of construction and is most definitely 'up and coming'. We felt perfectly safe at all times in the area.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Our room had excellent views of part of Manhattan. The breakfast buffet is great and good value.
However the real bonus is the staff, who are very helpful and polite.
Overall a great place to stay and a much better option to the worn-out over-priced Manhattan hotels!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! I guess twice is nice! Please thank your brother for the referral as well. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the staff you encountered were polite. Overall, this is a great place to stay but its our guests that make it "A Great Choice". We hope to see you next time your in town and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Kindest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I just got back from attending a wedding in Astoria, New York. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Island City because of it's proximity to the festivities but also because of the many reviews on how convenient it was to travel into Manhatten. As always, tripadvisor reviews were right on target.
Staff: The staff at this hotel were courteous and always helpful with any of our requests.
Rooms: The rooms were clean, a good size for the both of us and we also had a great view of Manhatten from our room.
Convenient Location to Manhatten: The public transit was a short walk down the street from the hotel and like the other reviews noted, you could be in Times Square in about 10 minutes!
Public Transit: Easy to navigate and get around. We even took it to the airport from the Hotel and on a weekday morning we were there in about 30 minutes as the Hotel is also close to Laguardia Airport.
The only small drawback, you need to walk a bit (15 - 20 minutes) to get to shops and restaurants in the area, but we enjoyed that as the weather was mild while we were visiting.
Overall, this hotel was a great value, especially since you would have to pay much more for a hotel like this directly in Manhatten
Thanks - if we have an opportunity to go back to New York City, we will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again!
M & J

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear M & J,

Thank you for visiting our lovely city and staying at our property. I was impressed to hear you ventured into Astoria. Guests need to know that Queens has great places to visit. I appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear the Team were responsive and friendly. Rooms were clean and of good size. You cannot beat the convenience and value. Till the next time you stay with us, keep checking Trip Advisor, as I do, to get travel tips.

Mystic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View on a Friday night in December 2013. Everything about our stay was wonderful!

The front desk staff was friendly, professional and expedient, getting us checked in quickly. The hotel looks new and modern, clean and quiet. We had a city-view room with a king bed; it was very spacious with wall-to-wall windows and a balcony. The bathroom was reasonably sized with a very nice shower. The room and bathroom were spotless! Bed was very comfortable, though there were only two pillows (good quality pillows, but not enough of them). I called housekeeping for more pillows and they were brought up to the room immediately.

We requested a taxi to get in to our concert in the city, and they apparently use a car service instead. It was a $30 flat rate to take us, which ended up being a bargain since we sat in traffic for so long. A cab ride would have cost us double that at least! Our two rides with the car service were great; new, clean car and friendly drivers.

I'd like to especially mention Vanina at the front desk. She was extremely helpful and friendly, and paid special attention to my eight-year old daughter. People that are good to my kids are most appreciated. Thank you, Vanina!

The neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired, but we weren't there to walk around. We just needed a clean, comfortable place to stay for our overnight event in NYC and this more than fit the bill. We would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear KM,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and services. We are delighted you found the property suited for your needs. I'm extremely proud of the our Associates. The very fabric that makes the Holiday Inn hotel the best in Long Island City. Good options at a good value is where you can find us. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the respective departments. Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to many more visits.

Most Appreciatively,
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Apologies for the late review -
We didn't stay at the Holiday Inn but we chose to eat at the restaurant located within the hotel. The meal was beautiful although we didn't have the barbecue, my husband had the rib eye which was perfectly cooked and I had the shrimp scampi but this was more like tiger prawns, it was just delicious, and the service was outstanding to match. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Visited November 2013

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Never too late to give us your feedback! On behalf of Rio Grande and The Holiday Inn Manhattan View, we would like to thank you for your critique and I will be sure to forward your kind comments. We look forward to you coming back in the new year and thank you for visiting us!

Happy New Year

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Holiday Inn is becoming my hotel of choice at LIC for business travel. There are a number of hotels in the area, and HI has so far stood out as an excellent choice. Convenient location (2 train stops from Manhattan), excellent value, pleasant and comfortable rooms. It is not a luxury hotel, so don't try to compare it to such. It is a great hotel on a budget. Recommend for both business travelers and families alike.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Dmitriy,

"Another Satisfied Customer"! Thank your for recent review and details about our Property. Consistency wins the race and our team prove this day in and day out at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View. With a lot of choices in our area now its equally important that we continue to exceed our guest expectations. Your correct, if your looking for 5 star service on a 3 star budget don't hesitate to stay with us!

We look forward to your next visit and again we want to wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday season and happy New Year!

Your new home away from home!

Calder Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed for a week - December 8th - 15th. Staff great, views great. Local knowledge good and informative. Wonderful location. Metro is 1.5 short blocks from Metro Station - just 6 stops from Times Square - 9 minutes. Small problem with the room heating controls, but it got sorted. Great bar/restaurant diagonally opposite (Dutch Kills) with friendly staff who remember your drinks order from day one. Value for money outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John,

Many thanks for your review and feedback! We appreciate your time in writing this review. Our Associates are the best in LIC and am delighted you found the property convenient for your means. I will also pass on your observations from Dutch Kills Centraal bar across the street. Have a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year! Next time tell me what that drink is and we'll buy one back as well!

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here twice - once for a week last Summer and then again for 4 days this winter. Its not a terrible hotel - probably your best value in this neighborhood, but it has some serious problems. Its more a tourist hotel than a business hotel. Alas, I was on business both times. The staff are friendly and well meaning, but the property is falling apart. My shower handle came off the wall while I was using it and cigarette smoke was coming out of the vents into my room. Oh, and the first room I keyed into when I checked in had someone in it already! (doh!) Bottom line, hotels in NYC are very expensive, and this place is do-able, but also be aware that there is no retail, no food, no restaurants anywhere near this hotel. There is a train stop just a block away, but almost nothing else.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear BG,

Thank you foremost for you candid review and appreciate the opportunity to have had welcomed you back to our property. I would like to apologize again. We did not want to welcome you back to the hotel and have you checked into an occupied room. I also apologize for giving you the impression that the hotel is falling apart but I can assure you its not. The shower part was also corrected during your stay. The smoke coming from the HVAC central air was due to a guest who was identified smoking in their room next to yours. You didn't mention it in this review, but did you bring this to anyone's attention or did an associate ask; how was your stay? I would have hoped you spoke with anyone before you departed and we wish you had. I would like to know some more details from your stay. As far as the local area, a lot has changed and I apologize if my staff did not offer any suggestions. We have a new restaurant/bar that opened directly across the street from the hotel called Dutch Kills Centraal (yes 2 a's) which guests have mentioned in previous reviews. Also, 3 blocks away is Crescent Grill which is more upscale with and a really nice atmosphere. Next time you come into the area you should stop one of these.

I hope you have a moment to contact be at rbianchi@himanview.com or contact me directly at 718-707-3700 ext. 7102. I hope your business was a success while visiting and thank you for you for staying with us for a second time. We do hope your back for a third please contact me as I will make your reservation personally! Have a Happy Holiday and New Year, safe travels!

Sincerely.

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!