“Good price en location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Good price en location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed 8 nights at this hotel. Chosen because the price was good, the subway and close to Manhattan. I was in NY for my birthday and found a little gift and a card for me in the room. I thought it was really nice of them. I had hoped that we would get a room with the Manhattean view. Unfortunately they could not arrange this for us. But that's okay we really enjoyed ourselves. We have no regrets that we chose this hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, everything was clean and worked wel. Weak wifi, which is a shame but we did not complain as we are gone all day and only briefly using it. We slept wel, bed comfortable but in our opinion the pillows can be replaced. Two minutes walk to the subway N&Q lines and within 10 minutes you're in the heart of Manhattan. That's a big plus for us as we did not want to pay the price of Manhattan hotel's. There is a smal grocery around the corner, very convenient. The neighborhood is not bad at all. We felt very safe, even at night.
Next time visit we'll definitely go back to Holiday Inn LIC again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Nootje,

Thank you for your recent feedback and understand we have a few things to work on. Good News; We are in the process of changing our pillow program as previous guests have requested. This will be completed by March 2014. Our complimentary Wi-Fi access is being reviewed, as we recently made changes but are looking into a content management solution which will help minimize users to certain applications. This will help the ease of the service. Thank you again for your kind appraisal of our staff as they are what drives our guest satisfaction. Also good to hear you found the location convenient and safe. Till the next time, you will see much improvements and the view you didn't receive this time around.

Have a great holiday season and travel safely,

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have recently returned from a 7 night stay in this great hotel,fantastic location within a block of a good subway line .
Our room was lovely with great views of Manhattan, huge balcony the staff offered a great helpful service.
My only disappointment was that we were a party of 3 adults and I believed that we had paid in advance for our breakfasts only to be told that only 2 people per room get breakfast which meant that one of us always had to do without.
Otherwise great experience and will return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback and appreciate the details of your stay. Delighted to hear you found the accommodations and location desirable and easy accessible. I would ask that you confirm your booking in the future with the hotel to ensure all is on order so you can then had a 5 star stay. I apologize if the breakfast caused any displeasure. From all of us at the Holiday Inn Long Island City we look forward to your next visit.

Stay well and travel safely!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here, not because I was a New York tourist, but because I was actually working in L.I.C. so it was great to have a hotel nearby. The neighborhood is ethnically diverse and working class, but I never feared for my safety. This part of Queens is starting to gentrify, but there isn't much around in the immediate area in terms of restaurants and nightlife. The 39th St. subway station for the N and Q trains is just a short two blocks away for when you need to get into the city.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My room (king) was on an upper floor and had an expansive view, but it was not of the Manhattan skyline. It was a pretty good size (especially by NYC standards) and was well appointed. The bed was firmly comfortable and actually had king size pillows. The bathroom was a decent size and trimmed in marble. It had a large-ish shower but no tub. The TV only received a modest number of channels and an even more modest number of them were digital/hi-def. There was wired (if you brought your own cable) and wireless internet but it required you to log on every time you turned on your device (rather than the full day's access most hotels provide) and it blocked access to my company's VPN which limited my ability to work.

With few area dining options, I ate several meals in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was just OK (but not bad). The dinners were quite good. The prices in the restaurant were very reasonable, especially by NYC hotel standards. It should be noted that they add an automatic 15% tip to every bill ("because many foreign guests are not used to tipping," I was told).

If you are going to NYC as a tourist for the first time, I would really recommend that you stay in Manhattan so that you can immerse yourself in the experience. Once you know your way around, however, this hotel is pretty good and could be an economical alternative (especially mid-week) to the very pricey Manhattan properties.

Room Tip: Skyline views are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Advisor,

Thank you for the detail account of you recent stay. Interesting to say the least... Long Island City is a great alternative to Manhattan and just as easily accessible to Midtown. I'm delighted that you found our accommodations and services most comfortable and convenient. Our local area continues to emerge with new bars and restaurants, please check out Café Centraal (yes double A) across the street which just opened and Crescent Grill a few blocks away also a new restaurant. Please let us know about your internet permissions the next time you stay, I'm sure we can configure your VPN with our fire wall. Again, we appreciate the kind and helpful feedback for our guests and look no further when working or visiting.

Travel Safely!!! 87 hotel reviews in 68 cities including South Africa, now that's interesting....

Best,
india
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. Being a priority club member I had requested for an upgrade. Unfortunately the upgrade was not available.
However, the rooms were quite spacious and clean. I was given a room on the higher floors.
The staff at the desk were quite helpful and provided all the help that was required.
The breakfast at the brazilian restaurant was good. The buffet dinner did not have a lot of choices not did ala-carte for a vegetarian.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Being close has its privileges! Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I'm delighted that you found the staff and accommodations to your satisfaction. I will pass your sincere feedback to our associates. The Brazilian restaurant offers different selections on the buffet each day which gives the guest a different experience. We hope you'll find the experience next time more enjoyable.

Have a wonderful rest of the year and we look forward to your visit again with this!

Warmest Regards,
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and not much street noise considering the location. This is a new property and the room rates are a great alternative to Manhattan prices. Just two blocks from the N train and only two stops to 59th and Lex. This was my second stay and I will return.

Room Tip: Rooms without the Manhattan view are the best value.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate the feedback and are most humbled you found the convenience, comfort and value in our hotel. Everyone like options and we hope this will be your first option down the road. We look forward to your next visit! Travel Safely!

Kindest Regards!
Highland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The first thing I noticed was the greeting my wife and I received as we entered the hotel lobby. The customer service rep was very informative and processed our reservations, room and car assignments very quickly. She explained the parking policy which quests receive assigned parking for reasonable fee which is standard for New York; provided us with our tickets for free breakfasts during our 3 day stay; rooms were very clean and cleaning staff were very courteous and insured room was clean daily; balcony did display a beautiful view of Manhattan (best seen by night); computer was available to guests; the restaurant provided a unique and delicious Brazilian dinner with live music with a very relaxing environment after a long day of touring New York and surrounding cities. Though I observed the quick response to customer needs by the customer representatives, there were 2 such employees: Elizabeth Torres and co-work Mr. Melkis, they quickly came to my assistance as the guest printer was down. Needing to confirm and print my flight reservations for flight from Buffalo Airport to Ontario IAP, California. My delima was having to drive back to Buffalo to turn in my rented vehichle then rush to check in with my flight. Needless to say, Ms. Torres assured me that they would have my boarding passes printed on time and all I had to do is relax. In addition to assisting people, they managed to carryon courteous coversations with guests which made everyone more comfortable and relaxed. It was more relaxing to learn that the subway was about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and we were able to see the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and Central Park with enough time in our schedule to visit my niece that lived on 166th st, NY. Everything was great and never even had to move my car the during the whole 3 days, Although there were more staff members that I dealt and conversed with, it was the late night actions of Ms. Torres and Mr. Melkis that made the day for my wife and I. Nonetheless, everyone should get a great pat on the back as I saw nothing but smiling guests during my entire stay. Oh yes. Was recommended to the local laundrette/Cleaners. You can have it your way. Do clothes yourself or pay to have it done and have more time on your hands to visit the sites. There is a nice drug store across the street if you forget any of your meds (like my wife did). Very helpful and a catholic church across the street if you feel the need to say thanks for having such a nice hotel in a great location,

Room Tip: If available, get a balcony room with Manhattan View. It's nice to sit out and enjoy a cup of f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you soo very much for the feedback and kind review of our hotel. I'm most proud of the Associates that work here which makes each day a blessing and a pleasure to be a part of. I have built a service culture and each associate embraces this culture each day. I'm delighted to hear that you were able to relax. One of the Holiday Inn Brand Experience Question is " Were you able to relax".

I will certainly pass on your feedback to Elizabeth and Melkis and I'm sure they will be happy to hear about your experience. I was also delighted to hear about the experience around the hotel from Housekeeping to the Restaurant. I will certainly pass on your details to them as well!

I think you covered it all. From all of us at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View we want to wish you a great rest of the year and we will pray to see you next time. From your home away from home....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A good choice : Beautiful Manhattan view, very helpful staff, clean, 5 minutes walking from the subway (direct line to Central Park and Times Square). After spending your time visiting this amazing city, you come back home and enjoy the view from the balcony. Fall asleep and wake up with the Skyline. Manhattan with you 24 hours.
Next time we come back will be here! Thank you very much!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time and details of your review. Unbelievable!! There's nothing more to stay.

Thank you and we look forward to your future visits....The NYC skyline will be waiting......

Warm Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!