I'm here for 10+ days & staying in a suite with a large balcony & beautiful view.
What would take this hotel from ok to excellent are the simple things a hotel can do to make you feel valued- especially when you are dropping close to $4000.
An example today is that I had surgery, so I ordered food to the room. The room service menu is limited & I'm here for a long period, so today my food came from delivery by an outside restaurant. They didn't bring plates.
So, my husband went down & asked for a plate. The hotel restaurant manager was standing next to a stack of 60+ plates & refused to give him one unless he ordered from the hotel restaurant...again.
So, I called the front desk who said the restaurant/bar is independent although in the lobby, but shed try to get us one. She called back & said that she was unable to secured a plate.
Although it is not directly her fault. You'd think that the hotel would have a good enough rapport with the restaurant In their lobby that services all their guests, both there and through room service, that they could say they have a long term valued guest & need a plate.
This was just pathetic.
One day we returned to hotel in high wind to see that the construction site adjacent was literally snowing fiberglass (that was not properly secured and had obviously broke loose) on the whole block & into the hotel lobby as the door opened. I mentioned I didn't want to breathe it & had they called it in, and the front desk person said that it happens all the time & she had no clue it could be reported- total disconnect...
There was a brand new bar/restaurant that had just opened (3 days ago) directly across the street from the front door of the hotel. We called down to find out the name as we wanted to find out about their hours & menu. No one at the front desk knew their name or phone number. i know its new, but Understand this is an up and coming area so in close vicinity to the hotel, there's not a huge amount of semi upscale options. So again, you'd think they would've developed a rapport as it benefits the hotel to have a great little place in walking distance to refer guests to... And if nothing else to be knowledgeable on what's in the area...
Although the maids were very nice, and the view was pretty, and it was clean, things like the above examples that offer convenience to a long term guest, render the overall stay mediocre, and are the small things (that are so easy to do) that make the difference whether I'd stay here on my next long term visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York