“A hidden jewel in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“A hidden jewel in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the HI Long Island City for 5 nights to celebrate my partners birthday in New York. The whole experience staying at the hotel was first class, great service, great people and great ambassadors for IHG. We were fortunate to be given an upgrade to a suite with amazing views over the city. The rooms were immaculately cleaned every day, light, bright and airy. The Brazilian BBQ buffet in the evenings was great value and would recommend a nice bottle of Malbec to wash it down. The hotel is very close to the subway station making it very convenient to commute in and out of Manhattan. If we ever return to NYC then without a doubt stay their again. Well done to all the hotel team!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for being such a great guest! I cannot wait to share this my team. The expression "Hidden Gem" doesn't get old with us. I'm delighted that you and your partner had a memorable experience! Rio Grande Restaurant is the great place for value and fare. We cannot be happier that you found our property.....

Travel Safely..........

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Czech first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were staying in the area and used the Holiday Inn's restaurant facilities twice-the property was clean,staff were friendly,professional and helpful-the food(and drink) were especially good-we definitely received value for what we paid-very pleasant in every way-most enjoyable

Dear Guest,

Thank you for using the facilities and glad to hear you had a nice experience at Rio Grande Restaurant. You said it, VALUE. All I can say is you never will leave hungry. Please visit us soon!

Thank you for stopping by!
Valley View, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as one of the choices listed to stay for a wedding. The room (KING) was wonderful, the Brazilian restaurant was great with live music. The staff was excellent- answered our questions regarding getting to Times Square via subway, and also for catching a a cab to the Brooklyn Bridge. which both were within a couple blocks walking distance. The hotel was very close to the wedding venue. Breakfast buffet was good, and also the front desk staff let us leave our suitcases at the hotel while we did some sightseeing before a evening flight home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Regina,

Thank you for being our guest! I see you found the property and services idea for your trip to NYC. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our staff and Restaurant. The team here works very hard to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience. We hope to see you back next time.

All the best and travel safely!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn L.I. City hotel for a wedding over Labor Day. It's a good value hotel with easy access to Midtown Manhattan via the N Q R subway at Queensboro Plaza. Our room was impeccably clean, and the bathroom was small but very nice. The staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful.

A couple complaints:

1. It was a very warm weekend and our A/C would turn off even when we were present in the room. This meant that it got up to 78°F overnight, which is too hot for me. An "engineer" is required to come to your room and disable this feature—the front desk can't help you. Coincidentally, the engineer was not on duty that night.

I appreciate the effort to "go green," but this is not the way to do it! It really compromised sleep quality. A guest should be able to easily and intuitively set the thermostat to a comfortable temp and have it remain there.

2. The pillows are small squares. I prefer a normal sized pillow.

I would probably opt to stay in a Manhattan hotel for a normal visit, but this is an option well worth considering for value and cleanliness in Queens.

Room Tip: In summer months, make sure you request that the energy saver on the A/C be disabled. If you're...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and concerns regarding your stay with us last week. I do apologize for the comfort of the A/C and thank you for alerting viewers to request a setting change when they stay with us. We are trying to be more energy conscious. This is a very good TIP for travelers and offering this information at check in time will save time.

I do apologize about pillow size, the Holiday Inn Standard of Pillow is changing in the coming year which will be more like a standard size set. We have additional pillows upon request though our service department, I apologize again.

We appreciate the opportunity once again and please note, we are still the best option for value and convenience when coming to NYC. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com.

We do hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Many Thanks!
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 11 year old daughter in June,I just want to say THANK YOU! for great service and excellent acommodations. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was polite and helpful. This hotel is conveniently located 2 short blocks from the subway station line N-Q.
They have king and 2 double beds rooms and a business center. Exceptional customer service, good quality. I will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tammy,

THANK YOU! for being our guest and for your thoughtful feedback! We are delighted your stay with your daughter was comfortable and convenient. We certainly hope to see you next time. Travel Safely!

Warmest Regards,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel as i was visiting the US open. The hotel is in a developing area of Queens. Easy to walk to several subway lines and very safe. The staff were super helpful.i would definitely stay here again

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Top Contributor and Wonderful Guest,

Thank you for visiting us! The US Open is a great time of year and hopefully you'll be back when the put a roof over the stadium in the future. The area is safe and the available outlets via the train lines are many. Bloomingdales is (how should I say from previous guest review)"a stone throw away". I will certainly let the superb staff know as well about your kind comments. See you next year...

Travel Safely!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had to find a fairly inexpensive hotel for a 2-week stay in New York City, but if we decided to stay in a Manhattan hotel for that length of time would be exorbitant. So we looked at the cluster of new properties just across the East river in Long Island City/Astoria. After doing some online research, we checked in and right out after 2 nights in a "super hip" hotel which had no space, closets or drawers and at over $200 per night, we felt we had failed in our quest. But, then came a recommendation: The Holiday Inn at a bit under $200 a night. Wow, so much better. Corner room, high floor, view of the Manhattan skyline, clean, room was very well attended, very good front desk staff, mini-fridge, closets and drawers, room service and free internet. We spent the 2 weeks there. One word of caution: the restaurant has decent food, but if you order from room service you'll avoid eating in a dining room that has all the ambience, charm, lighting and service of a minimum security prison. Other than that, you'll love it, especially when you're in the city in 10 minutes and saving a bundle. PS: The subway stop is a 3-5 minute walk, and in 2 stops you're at 60th & Lex....Bloomingdale's!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Indeed this is a pleasant surprise! Thank you for the feedback and yes you can get more space and pay less for a trip that is nearly a stone throw away. I appreciate the details and will certainly pass your comments concerning ambience to the restaurant operator. The restaurant has lively music on Friday and Saturdays and the BBQ Rodizio is entertaining. I'm sorry your experience wasn't up to your expectations. All the convenience your looking for is in long island city, thank you for being our guest!

Till the next time Travel Safely!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!