“Good Restaurant and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Halifax, Canada
“Good Restaurant and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were staying in the area and used the Holiday Inn's restaurant facilities twice-the property was clean,staff were friendly,professional and helpful-the food(and drink) were especially good-we definitely received value for what we paid-very pleasant in every way-most enjoyable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for using the facilities and glad to hear you had a nice experience at Rio Grande Restaurant. You said it, VALUE. All I can say is you never will leave hungry. Please visit us soon!

Thank you for stopping by!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Valley View, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as one of the choices listed to stay for a wedding. The room (KING) was wonderful, the Brazilian restaurant was great with live music. The staff was excellent- answered our questions regarding getting to Times Square via subway, and also for catching a a cab to the Brooklyn Bridge. which both were within a couple blocks walking distance. The hotel was very close to the wedding venue. Breakfast buffet was good, and also the front desk staff let us leave our suitcases at the hotel while we did some sightseeing before a evening flight home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Regina,

Thank you for being our guest! I see you found the property and services idea for your trip to NYC. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our staff and Restaurant. The team here works very hard to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience. We hope to see you back next time.

All the best and travel safely!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn L.I. City hotel for a wedding over Labor Day. It's a good value hotel with easy access to Midtown Manhattan via the N Q R subway at Queensboro Plaza. Our room was impeccably clean, and the bathroom was small but very nice. The staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful.

A couple complaints:

1. It was a very warm weekend and our A/C would turn off even when we were present in the room. This meant that it got up to 78°F overnight, which is too hot for me. An "engineer" is required to come to your room and disable this feature—the front desk can't help you. Coincidentally, the engineer was not on duty that night.

I appreciate the effort to "go green," but this is not the way to do it! It really compromised sleep quality. A guest should be able to easily and intuitively set the thermostat to a comfortable temp and have it remain there.

2. The pillows are small squares. I prefer a normal sized pillow.

I would probably opt to stay in a Manhattan hotel for a normal visit, but this is an option well worth considering for value and cleanliness in Queens.

Room Tip: In summer months, make sure you request that the energy saver on the A/C be disabled. If you're...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and concerns regarding your stay with us last week. I do apologize for the comfort of the A/C and thank you for alerting viewers to request a setting change when they stay with us. We are trying to be more energy conscious. This is a very good TIP for travelers and offering this information at check in time will save time.

I do apologize about pillow size, the Holiday Inn Standard of Pillow is changing in the coming year which will be more like a standard size set. We have additional pillows upon request though our service department, I apologize again.

We appreciate the opportunity once again and please note, we are still the best option for value and convenience when coming to NYC. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com.

We do hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Many Thanks!
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 11 year old daughter in June,I just want to say THANK YOU! for great service and excellent acommodations. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was polite and helpful. This hotel is conveniently located 2 short blocks from the subway station line N-Q.
They have king and 2 double beds rooms and a business center. Exceptional customer service, good quality. I will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tammy,

THANK YOU! for being our guest and for your thoughtful feedback! We are delighted your stay with your daughter was comfortable and convenient. We certainly hope to see you next time. Travel Safely!

Warmest Regards,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel as i was visiting the US open. The hotel is in a developing area of Queens. Easy to walk to several subway lines and very safe. The staff were super helpful.i would definitely stay here again

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Top Contributor and Wonderful Guest,

Thank you for visiting us! The US Open is a great time of year and hopefully you'll be back when the put a roof over the stadium in the future. The area is safe and the available outlets via the train lines are many. Bloomingdales is (how should I say from previous guest review)"a stone throw away". I will certainly let the superb staff know as well about your kind comments. See you next year...

Travel Safely!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had to find a fairly inexpensive hotel for a 2-week stay in New York City, but if we decided to stay in a Manhattan hotel for that length of time would be exorbitant. So we looked at the cluster of new properties just across the East river in Long Island City/Astoria. After doing some online research, we checked in and right out after 2 nights in a "super hip" hotel which had no space, closets or drawers and at over $200 per night, we felt we had failed in our quest. But, then came a recommendation: The Holiday Inn at a bit under $200 a night. Wow, so much better. Corner room, high floor, view of the Manhattan skyline, clean, room was very well attended, very good front desk staff, mini-fridge, closets and drawers, room service and free internet. We spent the 2 weeks there. One word of caution: the restaurant has decent food, but if you order from room service you'll avoid eating in a dining room that has all the ambience, charm, lighting and service of a minimum security prison. Other than that, you'll love it, especially when you're in the city in 10 minutes and saving a bundle. PS: The subway stop is a 3-5 minute walk, and in 2 stops you're at 60th & Lex....Bloomingdale's!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Indeed this is a pleasant surprise! Thank you for the feedback and yes you can get more space and pay less for a trip that is nearly a stone throw away. I appreciate the details and will certainly pass your comments concerning ambience to the restaurant operator. The restaurant has lively music on Friday and Saturdays and the BBQ Rodizio is entertaining. I'm sorry your experience wasn't up to your expectations. All the convenience your looking for is in long island city, thank you for being our guest!

Till the next time Travel Safely!
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I will preface this review first by saying I CANNOT say enough about the kindness, helpfulness, courtesy, and pleasantness of the entire staff at this hotel. This was our first trip to NYC, coming to visit our only child who moved to NYC 4 months ago. In addition, it was our 32nd wedding anniversary. I had read reviews for this hotel on the Holiday Inn site, and several people had mentioned when the hotel is not full, an upgraded room may be available. I emailed the hotel directly prior to our stay and the manager quickly responded with a very welcoming message that included he had requested a nice top floor room for us. When we arrived, I have to say I was a little concerned. The area is.....well, let's just say it doesn't appear to look like the best neighborhood. Many of the buildings appear old/rundown, some even closed. As soon as we walked into the hotel, I knew we would be fine. The lobby is small but very welcoming with a sofa, chair and several settee's. The staff greeted us with a warm smile. The check in process was fast, and we received coupons for a managers reception (for HI reward members) that night and another discount coupon for the on site Brazillian steak house. Our room was located on the top floor (17). We were very pleasantly surprised. The room is large, the bathroom, especially the shower is top quality, there is ample storage, a refrigerator, and the view from the floor to ceiling entire wall length windows is BREATHTAKING! The hotel ended up being a perfect location. Only a block walk to the subway stop. A great little diner was next to the stop, and we ate breakfast there every morning. There is a bodega right next door, which is very convenient. The night we checked in and every night after we visited the bar for a nightcap. The bartender was very personable and actually remembered each night what we would order, before we even had to. During our 4 night stay, whenever we stopped by the front desk to ask a question, each team member we came in contact with was so friendly and helpful. When we came back after a day in the city, we were greeted warmly. I have to say though, our most favorite front desk employee is Elizabeth. I needed assistance with our flight ticketing the night before we left, and she actually came downstairs to the computer area to assist me. The day we left, our plane did not leave until late that night. We were allowed to leave our luggage in a secure area, offered a later checkout, and when I was crying after saying goodbye to our son, Elizabeth immediately came around the counter, gave me tissues, a compassionate hug and said " aw mom, remember he is only a plane ride away and we will be here waiting for you!" Her words gave me the smile I needed at that moment. Since we had already checked out of our room, she even offered me a key to the large bathroom in the fitness center to "freshen up" before we headed to the airport. All I can say is, the management of this hotel is most definitely doing something right, because it shows in the facility, but more importantly in the staff. Their pride in their job shows. We would not think of staying any place else when visiting NYC.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Manhattan on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your home base while visiting your son recently. I would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback and details while staying with us. I intend on letting the entire team how well we treat our guests and how this is exemplary service has left such a memorable experience! As Elizabeth stated, “……..we are here for you! Good Luck to your son and hopefully this will be the start of many visits to Long Island City. We look forward to giving you a hug on the next the reunion!

Warmest Regards,

From your extended family at the Holiday Inn L.I City Manhattan View!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!