I was in Long Island City on business recently and my employer booked my hotel for me within walking distance to the office. Upon my first arrival, and after a two + block walk from the subway stop, I was VERY disappointed - the neightborhood was 'sketchy' at best (a combo of businesses - some closed, others such as car repair garages etc.., a few churches, some residential etc..) but boy was I deceived! Immediately upon entering the small lobby we were warmly greeted and quickly checked in. Although my room was only on the 4th floor (without the quote/unquote Manhattan View) it was very nice, an adequate size and fresh and clean. The bathroom shower was AMAZING (just as an aside - I recently stayed at a Four Seasons Resort and their shower wasn't as nice!!) . The towels were reasonably nice, too. My only complaint is that the pillows were not very comfortable but this seems to be a common thread for most hotels -alas we are accustomed to our pillows from home!
We did not eat any meals at the hotel but the breakfast buffet downstairs looked good and plentiful. The staff was always friendly and professional and when I asked them to replace a burned out light bulb in the bathroom it was done within minutes.
The other amazing thing is that this property is ONE subway stop from Manhattan (Lexington and 57th Street) so it truly is conveneint to the city. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York