“Could Be A Good NYC Option” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
UK
“Could Be A Good NYC Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I read previous reviews carefully before booking this hotel. I think it is always difficult to select a big city hotel so to help others considering if to book. I would add -

Manhattan is accessible by N train (10 mins walk to the station) or Taxi (about $25) but you are very out of the city in terms of atmosphere and amenities. This location is a residential and industrial area, whilst I did not feel it unsafe, it is quite run down and not somewhere I would want to take a walk, other than to the subway station. If you are looking for a more affordable option than you will find in NYC, and can live with a commute into the city and without an upmarket neighbourhood and its restaurants etc to hand, then this is a good option.

Hotel staff are all without exception, very helpful and friendly and you really feel they are trying hard. A small bar and restaurant area was quite busy and given its limitations the hard working and friendly staff helped make it a pleasant place to relax.

The hotel is new (ish) and typical later style Holiday Inn. I found it slightly noisy with both corridor and street noise. One those hotels that when the next room flushes the bathroom you can hear the plumbing. Wi Fi is very poor, slow speed everywhere I tied to sue it within the hotel and constantly dropping connection.

Well done to the Management and team (Catherine and Rocky etc) you are trying very hard to deliver good service and it and works!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for wanting be close too us..... 251 cities beats the previous review.

Our Hotel and the staff would like to thank you for noticing their efforts and details regarding your stay. I must admit, my one expectation to all of my staff is too always try and never say no to a guest. We continue to follow this culture and our guests receive the best service. I certainly apologize for the speed of the internet, next month we will be receiving fiber cabling long awaiting boost which our property is excited about. Also apologize for any noise levels as the neighborhood is residential mostly.

Overall The fact that you mentioned Great Hotel is this review says a lot. I will mention your feedback to Catherine and Rambo (Rocky could be her new alias) and we all want to thank you for staying with us!

Until we see you again, safe travels!!!

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel upon recommendation of a friend and we were not dissapointed in the slightest, the only issue was that our Yellow Cab Driver from JFK did not know where it was but headed in the general direction and located it.
The Staff at the Hotel were welcoming and treated us from the off as though we were friends who had returned, eager to explain what was going on both in the Hotel and in the surrounding area including the best place to get breakfast (Blueberry Pancakes with a side of bacon and limitless Coffee).
The room was adequate for our needs and had a partial view from our 7th floor window over Manhattan, we had asked about upgrade to a Manhattan view on a High Floor with a balcony but unfortunately it was not to be.
Subway at nearby (two blocks) 39th & Bebe gave excellent access to all the areas of Manhattan and beyond (Coney Island) for $2.75 for a single trip or $2.50 if you buy a multi trip Metrocard, but don't ask the guy sitting in the booth at the station as he was most unhelpful.
Overall a great experience and we did not feel at all unsafe in the neighbourhood even when travelling back late at night/early in the morning.

Only one tiny negative was the darkness/blandness of the Restaurant which was used for both Breakfast and a BarBQ Restaurant in the Evening, however the breakfast (Not Buffet) was very good with Pancakes freshly cooked.

Room Tip: High Floor with balcony and view over Manhattan, don't be put off by the location it did not fee...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel and location! I must say with having visited 80 cities your feedback with certainly help future visitors to get a sense of the area. I must thank you for choosing our hotel and for your kind words. I hope you have not adopted anyone here as our staff can become very attached to our guests and it’s great to hear of the warm welcome you received. Convenience is the key you said it!

The area is becoming more vibrant each day, the local Business Development Offices continue to beautify and add parks, culture and restaurants in our area. Our Brazilian restaurant definitely adds to the gentrification. We cannot thank you enough and hope to see on your next visit!

Warmest Regards
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was what I expected for a holiday inn, clean comfortable and simple. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was to my surprise very good ( for dinner, breakfast was ok nothing fancy).

• Stayed June 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for our recent review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the Holdiay Inn lived up to the expecations. The restauant has a an delicious Brazillian Rodizio BBQ and Buffet for a great price. Next time your in town we hope you'll visit us again!

We appreciate your time and thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Cheers!
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Big, clean, modern rooms at budget prices
Friendly hotel staff
Great views of the Manhattan skyline
Very safe Long Island City neighbourhood
2 blocks to the Q & N trains
2 short train-stops from 59th Street and Lexington Avenue
The only downside is that there are no services or restaurants in the immediate neighborhood. But, Manhattan is only 2 train stops away.
I stayed here for 3 months and highly recommend it as one of NYC's hidden treasures.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great NYC skyline views and the corner rooms with terraces and floor to ceiling w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the your recent stay with us and review. We very much apprecaite your time and comments and know that we work hard to ensure all guests have a great experience at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View Hotel!

I guess we are no longer hidden but it was a matter of time. Thank you for discovering us and mentioning the Staff, Cleanliness, and Convenience of your stay!

We certainly look forward to your return! Please ask reception for the closest options for food fare in our area or you can order in...

Most Graciously,
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were granted early arrival into our room, which was bright, very clean, and comfortable. The only problem we encountered was a malfunctioning hair dryer, but that was dealt with quickly. We wanted to have lunch in the restaurant when we arrived, but it was not open.

The location is great, only a block from the 39th Avenue station on the N or Q train. Manhattan is easily accessible.

Good value; would return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear John,

Thank you for your recent feedback and review of our hotel. I do appreciate your time and comments. Good to hear we were able to get you in early and the equipment was replaced in a timely manner. Our Restaurant is open for lunch on weekends only at this time but we do invite you back to experience the brazillian fare.

We look forward to your next visit and again thank you for the kind review! We "Value" your patronage!

Warm Regards,
Tel-Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Generally this is a great hotel and I would stay there again.
My room was large, airy, bright and spotless.
I didn't have a direct view to Manhattan but had what I called a partially obscured Manhattan view.
I didn't see one of the more expensive Manhattan view rooms, they might be worth the extra cost.

Pros:
1. 2 Minutes walk from the subway and 3 stops from midtown
2. A few minutes walk from awesome Astoria where you can have a great meal
3. Room was great, spotless and comfortable
4. Restaurant (Brazilian Churascarria) was really good. All you can eat BBQ for $20
5. Staff is very friendly and try to be very accommodating

Cons:
1. INTERNET was absolutely horrible - when I asked if there was something to do about the excruciatingly slow connection (Think 56kb a la 1990), the front desk told me I can call their ISP. Um really? I don't want to talk to my ISP when I'm at home, why would I want to talk to them while abroad in a hotel,
2. Hair products weren't great, I suggest buying some or bringing some with you
3. Room didn't have a safe, which kind of worried me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent stay with us and for the kind feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate the comments our the staff and facilities as our staff are the best in Long Island City when it comes to offering service and comfortable accommodations.

As our internet service will receive a major upgrade this month, we have been waiting for the service to arrive in our area and it finally has. You will not be disappointed on your next visit. Safes are located behind the reception area for guest use. I apologize for that but we also have this in our gust directories under "services".

We are most gracious that you gave us the opportunity to stay with us! Your travel resume is impressive as well as your contributions to Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Indore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a great time staying at this Hotel. First of all it is very convenient what with the Train station being just a couple of minutes away. The staff is very cordial and the Hotel is definitely a YES for me for my future visits. They do have a small bar and can do with expanding it a bit. Worth its money for business travellers.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel! We appreciate the feedback and the suggestions. The convenience is valuable to our guests as you mentioned. On behalf of all of us at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View, thank you for staying with us and YES we look forward to your future visit.

Appreciatively,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!