“Good alternative in an up and coming hotel area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Chicago, Illinois
“Good alternative in an up and coming hotel area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was what I expected for a holiday inn, clean comfortable and simple. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was to my surprise very good ( for dinner, breakfast was ok nothing fancy).

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for our recent review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the Holdiay Inn lived up to the expecations. The restauant has a an delicious Brazillian Rodizio BBQ and Buffet for a great price. Next time your in town we hope you'll visit us again!

We appreciate your time and thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Cheers!

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Big, clean, modern rooms at budget prices
Friendly hotel staff
Great views of the Manhattan skyline
Very safe Long Island City neighbourhood
2 blocks to the Q & N trains
2 short train-stops from 59th Street and Lexington Avenue
The only downside is that there are no services or restaurants in the immediate neighborhood. But, Manhattan is only 2 train stops away.
I stayed here for 3 months and highly recommend it as one of NYC's hidden treasures.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great NYC skyline views and the corner rooms with terraces and floor to ceiling w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the your recent stay with us and review. We very much apprecaite your time and comments and know that we work hard to ensure all guests have a great experience at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View Hotel!

I guess we are no longer hidden but it was a matter of time. Thank you for discovering us and mentioning the Staff, Cleanliness, and Convenience of your stay!

We certainly look forward to your return! Please ask reception for the closest options for food fare in our area or you can order in...

Most Graciously,
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were granted early arrival into our room, which was bright, very clean, and comfortable. The only problem we encountered was a malfunctioning hair dryer, but that was dealt with quickly. We wanted to have lunch in the restaurant when we arrived, but it was not open.

The location is great, only a block from the 39th Avenue station on the N or Q train. Manhattan is easily accessible.

Good value; would return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tel-Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Generally this is a great hotel and I would stay there again.
My room was large, airy, bright and spotless.
I didn't have a direct view to Manhattan but had what I called a partially obscured Manhattan view.
I didn't see one of the more expensive Manhattan view rooms, they might be worth the extra cost.

Pros:
1. 2 Minutes walk from the subway and 3 stops from midtown
2. A few minutes walk from awesome Astoria where you can have a great meal
3. Room was great, spotless and comfortable
4. Restaurant (Brazilian Churascarria) was really good. All you can eat BBQ for $20
5. Staff is very friendly and try to be very accommodating

Cons:
1. INTERNET was absolutely horrible - when I asked if there was something to do about the excruciatingly slow connection (Think 56kb a la 1990), the front desk told me I can call their ISP. Um really? I don't want to talk to my ISP when I'm at home, why would I want to talk to them while abroad in a hotel,
2. Hair products weren't great, I suggest buying some or bringing some with you
3. Room didn't have a safe, which kind of worried me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ayaarlos
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent stay with us and for the kind feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate the comments our the staff and facilities as our staff are the best in Long Island City when it comes to offering service and comfortable accommodations.

As our internet service will receive a major upgrade this month, we have been waiting for the service to arrive in our area and it finally has. You will not be disappointed on your next visit. Safes are located behind the reception area for guest use. I apologize for that but we also have this in our gust directories under "services".

We are most gracious that you gave us the opportunity to stay with us! Your travel resume is impressive as well as your contributions to Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Indore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a great time staying at this Hotel. First of all it is very convenient what with the Train station being just a couple of minutes away. The staff is very cordial and the Hotel is definitely a YES for me for my future visits. They do have a small bar and can do with expanding it a bit. Worth its money for business travellers.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sriram1601
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel! We appreciate the feedback and the suggestions. The convenience is valuable to our guests as you mentioned. On behalf of all of us at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View, thank you for staying with us and YES we look forward to your future visit.

Appreciatively,
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our room was large and clean and fresh and had a magnificent view of Manhattan. The hotel is very close to the train and only 10 mins ride from Manhattan. Much cheaper than staying on Manhattan too and the service was so much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback! We are delighted you found Long Island City to be a good value and thank you for the kind remarks regarding the service. The convenience and location to Manhattan is a great feature and thank you for telling everyone! Till the next time you come to visit our side of the world, please let us know and we look forward your visit with us again.

Cheers,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night and as soon as we arrived the staff greeted us with a warm welcome. We asked for a high floor and they gave us the top floor with amazing view !!! Bottom line this is a lovely hotel with lovey staff - and beautiful views! Very clean!!
Reasonably prices and a fab atmosphere. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the "FAB" review! One thing we are not here is shy. Its nice to hear the staff gave you a big welcome and you found the location of the room to your liking. Next time we may just roll out the red carpet.... Till the next time neighboor!

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I, City Manahattan View!

Warm Regards,