Generally this is a great hotel and I would stay there again.
My room was large, airy, bright and spotless.
I didn't have a direct view to Manhattan but had what I called a partially obscured Manhattan view.
I didn't see one of the more expensive Manhattan view rooms, they might be worth the extra cost.
1. 2 Minutes walk from the subway and 3 stops from midtown
2. A few minutes walk from awesome Astoria where you can have a great meal
3. Room was great, spotless and comfortable
4. Restaurant (Brazilian Churascarria) was really good. All you can eat BBQ for $20
5. Staff is very friendly and try to be very accommodating
1. INTERNET was absolutely horrible - when I asked if there was something to do about the excruciatingly slow connection (Think 56kb a la 1990), the front desk told me I can call their ISP. Um really? I don't want to talk to my ISP when I'm at home, why would I want to talk to them while abroad in a hotel,
2. Hair products weren't great, I suggest buying some or bringing some with you
3. Room didn't have a safe, which kind of worried me