“Enjoyed My Stay - Besides the Internet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Tel-Aviv
“Enjoyed My Stay - Besides the Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Generally this is a great hotel and I would stay there again.
My room was large, airy, bright and spotless.
I didn't have a direct view to Manhattan but had what I called a partially obscured Manhattan view.
I didn't see one of the more expensive Manhattan view rooms, they might be worth the extra cost.

Pros:
1. 2 Minutes walk from the subway and 3 stops from midtown
2. A few minutes walk from awesome Astoria where you can have a great meal
3. Room was great, spotless and comfortable
4. Restaurant (Brazilian Churascarria) was really good. All you can eat BBQ for $20
5. Staff is very friendly and try to be very accommodating

Cons:
1. INTERNET was absolutely horrible - when I asked if there was something to do about the excruciatingly slow connection (Think 56kb a la 1990), the front desk told me I can call their ISP. Um really? I don't want to talk to my ISP when I'm at home, why would I want to talk to them while abroad in a hotel,
2. Hair products weren't great, I suggest buying some or bringing some with you
3. Room didn't have a safe, which kind of worried me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent stay with us and for the kind feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate the comments our the staff and facilities as our staff are the best in Long Island City when it comes to offering service and comfortable accommodations.

As our internet service will receive a major upgrade this month, we have been waiting for the service to arrive in our area and it finally has. You will not be disappointed on your next visit. Safes are located behind the reception area for guest use. I apologize for that but we also have this in our gust directories under "services".

We are most gracious that you gave us the opportunity to stay with us! Your travel resume is impressive as well as your contributions to Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Indore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a great time staying at this Hotel. First of all it is very convenient what with the Train station being just a couple of minutes away. The staff is very cordial and the Hotel is definitely a YES for me for my future visits. They do have a small bar and can do with expanding it a bit. Worth its money for business travellers.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel! We appreciate the feedback and the suggestions. The convenience is valuable to our guests as you mentioned. On behalf of all of us at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View, thank you for staying with us and YES we look forward to your future visit.

Appreciatively,
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our room was large and clean and fresh and had a magnificent view of Manhattan. The hotel is very close to the train and only 10 mins ride from Manhattan. Much cheaper than staying on Manhattan too and the service was so much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback! We are delighted you found Long Island City to be a good value and thank you for the kind remarks regarding the service. The convenience and location to Manhattan is a great feature and thank you for telling everyone! Till the next time you come to visit our side of the world, please let us know and we look forward your visit with us again.

Cheers,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night and as soon as we arrived the staff greeted us with a warm welcome. We asked for a high floor and they gave us the top floor with amazing view !!! Bottom line this is a lovely hotel with lovey staff - and beautiful views! Very clean!!
Reasonably prices and a fab atmosphere. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the "FAB" review! One thing we are not here is shy. Its nice to hear the staff gave you a big welcome and you found the location of the room to your liking. Next time we may just roll out the red carpet.... Till the next time neighboor!

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I, City Manahattan View!

Warm Regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The rooms are comfortable with new and clean furnishings. The bathroom is spacious and the shower is better than in most hotels in this price range. The breakfast was good when it was included in our night's stay, but it wasn't included for one of the nights, so when we had to pay, it was too expensive for what they had to offer. The location is very convenient and close to two different subway stations. Also, since I was there on business, it was easy to work in my room with free access to the internet. The front office staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your giving us a "Nice Hotel Review"! We're delighted you found the property, the area, also the products and services suitable for your business trip! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time. Continue to travel safely and thank you for choosing our property for your recent visit. Please let us know when your back in town.

Appreciatively,
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed in Manhattan a couple of times but never again after my stay at the Manhattan View. I was visiting on a combined business and pleasure. Easy access to Manhattan and to wonderful restaurants in Astoria. The restaurant was a terrific value as well, I ate there several times. Staff is very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: I had a wonderful view of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your kind review and wonderful details concerning you recent stay with us! Its sure nice to hear that the area and location were suitable for your visit to New York. I'm glad you found value outside of Manhattan, this is the common response I have been giving reviewers since I started connecting to our guests. Please ensure you stop by an introduce yourself next time you're up North and thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View.

Warmest Regards from all of us!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay in lots of hotels and this one has exceeded my expectations.

I have recevied many of upgrades in my time but this one was by far the most surprising. The view from my room was amazing. On the patio listening to the trains ride by while relaxing with the beautiful view of Manhattan skyline.

The resturaunt in the hotel was ok, but definitely reasonably priced if you are going to eat nearby.

The folks were friendly and the overall experience was great. Looks like they are addding a bunch more rooms onto the hotel as well.

Great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jim,

You are no stranger to online reviews and have built quite a reputation for yourself! Senior Reviewer, 13 cities, and an IHG Rewards Platinum member? WOW is right! Thank you for being a loyal IHG Member and we appreciate your time and feedback.

I cannot wait to share your review with our team!

Safe Travels and we appreciate your business! Till the next time...