“Best Hotel in Long Island City” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
New York City, New York
“Best Hotel in Long Island City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night and as soon as we arrived the staff greeted us with a warm welcome. We asked for a high floor and they gave us the top floor with amazing view !!! Bottom line this is a lovely hotel with lovey staff - and beautiful views! Very clean!!
Reasonably prices and a fab atmosphere. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the "FAB" review! One thing we are not here is shy. Its nice to hear the staff gave you a big welcome and you found the location of the room to your liking. Next time we may just roll out the red carpet.... Till the next time neighboor!

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I, City Manahattan View!

Warm Regards,

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The rooms are comfortable with new and clean furnishings. The bathroom is spacious and the shower is better than in most hotels in this price range. The breakfast was good when it was included in our night's stay, but it wasn't included for one of the nights, so when we had to pay, it was too expensive for what they had to offer. The location is very convenient and close to two different subway stations. Also, since I was there on business, it was easy to work in my room with free access to the internet. The front office staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your giving us a "Nice Hotel Review"! We're delighted you found the property, the area, also the products and services suitable for your business trip! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time. Continue to travel safely and thank you for choosing our property for your recent visit. Please let us know when your back in town.

Appreciatively,
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed in Manhattan a couple of times but never again after my stay at the Manhattan View. I was visiting on a combined business and pleasure. Easy access to Manhattan and to wonderful restaurants in Astoria. The restaurant was a terrific value as well, I ate there several times. Staff is very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: I had a wonderful view of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your kind review and wonderful details concerning you recent stay with us! Its sure nice to hear that the area and location were suitable for your visit to New York. I'm glad you found value outside of Manhattan, this is the common response I have been giving reviewers since I started connecting to our guests. Please ensure you stop by an introduce yourself next time you're up North and thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View.

Warmest Regards from all of us!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay in lots of hotels and this one has exceeded my expectations.

I have recevied many of upgrades in my time but this one was by far the most surprising. The view from my room was amazing. On the patio listening to the trains ride by while relaxing with the beautiful view of Manhattan skyline.

The resturaunt in the hotel was ok, but definitely reasonably priced if you are going to eat nearby.

The folks were friendly and the overall experience was great. Looks like they are addding a bunch more rooms onto the hotel as well.

Great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jim,

You are no stranger to online reviews and have built quite a reputation for yourself! Senior Reviewer, 13 cities, and an IHG Rewards Platinum member? WOW is right! Thank you for being a loyal IHG Member and we appreciate your time and feedback.

I cannot wait to share your review with our team!

Safe Travels and we appreciate your business! Till the next time...

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights with our school age children. The location was very central to both attractions in Queens and Manhattan.
The deli across the street, LIC Deli, was great for breakfast sandwiches. Zante Deli by the subway station was also great but they are cash only. Used the Keurig in the room daily which saved money on buying coffee. The fridge came in handy as we bought juice and milk from the store across the street.
The rooms were clean and large. I was disappointed to get a 3rd floor room with a awful view of the construction site next door.
I had previously emailed with some questions and the manager always replied right away and was very helpful.
We did eat in the Brazilian restaurant one night and enjoyed it. Kids eat free if they order off the kids menu.
The bathroom in the hotel room was large and recently updated. It had a huge shower but no bathtub which was fine with us.
The room also had a large storage closet which was great. We were able to put our laundry bags and suitcases out of the walking area.
My only complaint was the awful view and the fact that the internet was wonky. I did phone about the internet and they reset the server on our floor which fixed it. However it was like that for 2 days before I called so not sure why it wasn't noticed before that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Long Island City! We appreciate your time to review our hotel and location. We try to honor all guest requests based o availability and understand we couldn't on this trip however please contact me personally for your next trip as I would like to make it up to you!
It was nice reading your review concerning the convenience and local shops where you can grab a quick bite, this is valuable information for our viewers. I'm also delighted to hear the room was up to standard and you experienced the Rodizio Style fair in the hotel.
We hope you can visit us soon and thank you for your business. The next time will be great and not just decent...

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in April this year whilst in New York.

Terrific decision.

We saved a substantial sum by not staying in Manhattan. The subway is 2 blocks away from the Hotel. If you do not mind the $2.50 fee to travel into Manhattan daily, best choice you will make.

We found the rooms very modern, clean and spacious. The rooms were cleaned daily and the Wi-Fi ensures that you can stay in touch with the world. We made our booking on the internet and found the entire check in process seamless and quick.

On our departue, the Hotel arranged a cab for us. No need to book as they are located 'next door'. For the princely sum of $40, we were transported back to JFK for our connecting flight. The cabs charge a flat rate which is wonderful. We paid lot more to get to the Hotel, but the cab driver was not sure how to get there.

I would highly recommed this Hotel if you are staying in New York. We got back very late almost every night. whilst the area is quiet, it is not seedy and we never felt anxious or unsafe.

Wonderful, clean warm Hotel for your stay in New York

Room Tip: If you want some added peace and quite ask for a room on the quiter side. Staff are very accomodatin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Howzit!

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View for your visit in NYC. We appreciate the kind he feedback and details about the hotel and staff. I'm delighted you had he opportunity visit the many places NEW YORK has to offer conveniently from our property. As mentioned in previous reviews, our area is very safe and quiet. Not only did you find value by staying in the outer boroughs but a nice place to retreat after a busy day. Accommodating staff await you upon your next visit.

Dankie, Ke a leboga

Cheers!!!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was more resonably priced than the hotels in Manhattan.We stayed here for four nights. The metro station is just a block away and from there it was about 6 stops to Times square. The hotel itself is nice, smallish rooms but clean and with its own coffee/tea machine. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay to avoid the over-priced Manhattan hotels. We didn't really explore too much of Long Island City, not much there, but we felt safe even late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to complete this review of our hotel and location. We have always been able to provide value when it comes to our sister city. It has been mentioned before and we continue to stay competitive. Value is not only in price in location as well. It's nice to retreat out of the city center after a day and come to a quiet and safe neighborhood. We appreciate the time and mentions of our hotel and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Travel Safely.....

Best Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!