“WOW! From a Platinum Member!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Atlanta
“WOW! From a Platinum Member!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay in lots of hotels and this one has exceeded my expectations.

I have recevied many of upgrades in my time but this one was by far the most surprising. The view from my room was amazing. On the patio listening to the trains ride by while relaxing with the beautiful view of Manhattan skyline.

The resturaunt in the hotel was ok, but definitely reasonably priced if you are going to eat nearby.

The folks were friendly and the overall experience was great. Looks like they are addding a bunch more rooms onto the hotel as well.

Great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jim,

You are no stranger to online reviews and have built quite a reputation for yourself! Senior Reviewer, 13 cities, and an IHG Rewards Platinum member? WOW is right! Thank you for being a loyal IHG Member and we appreciate your time and feedback.

I cannot wait to share your review with our team!

Safe Travels and we appreciate your business! Till the next time...

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights with our school age children. The location was very central to both attractions in Queens and Manhattan.
The deli across the street, LIC Deli, was great for breakfast sandwiches. Zante Deli by the subway station was also great but they are cash only. Used the Keurig in the room daily which saved money on buying coffee. The fridge came in handy as we bought juice and milk from the store across the street.
The rooms were clean and large. I was disappointed to get a 3rd floor room with a awful view of the construction site next door.
I had previously emailed with some questions and the manager always replied right away and was very helpful.
We did eat in the Brazilian restaurant one night and enjoyed it. Kids eat free if they order off the kids menu.
The bathroom in the hotel room was large and recently updated. It had a huge shower but no bathtub which was fine with us.
The room also had a large storage closet which was great. We were able to put our laundry bags and suitcases out of the walking area.
My only complaint was the awful view and the fact that the internet was wonky. I did phone about the internet and they reset the server on our floor which fixed it. However it was like that for 2 days before I called so not sure why it wasn't noticed before that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Long Island City! We appreciate your time to review our hotel and location. We try to honor all guest requests based o availability and understand we couldn't on this trip however please contact me personally for your next trip as I would like to make it up to you!
It was nice reading your review concerning the convenience and local shops where you can grab a quick bite, this is valuable information for our viewers. I'm also delighted to hear the room was up to standard and you experienced the Rodizio Style fair in the hotel.
We hope you can visit us soon and thank you for your business. The next time will be great and not just decent...

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in April this year whilst in New York.

Terrific decision.

We saved a substantial sum by not staying in Manhattan. The subway is 2 blocks away from the Hotel. If you do not mind the $2.50 fee to travel into Manhattan daily, best choice you will make.

We found the rooms very modern, clean and spacious. The rooms were cleaned daily and the Wi-Fi ensures that you can stay in touch with the world. We made our booking on the internet and found the entire check in process seamless and quick.

On our departue, the Hotel arranged a cab for us. No need to book as they are located 'next door'. For the princely sum of $40, we were transported back to JFK for our connecting flight. The cabs charge a flat rate which is wonderful. We paid lot more to get to the Hotel, but the cab driver was not sure how to get there.

I would highly recommed this Hotel if you are staying in New York. We got back very late almost every night. whilst the area is quiet, it is not seedy and we never felt anxious or unsafe.

Wonderful, clean warm Hotel for your stay in New York

Room Tip: If you want some added peace and quite ask for a room on the quiter side. Staff are very accomodatin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Howzit!

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View for your visit in NYC. We appreciate the kind he feedback and details about the hotel and staff. I'm delighted you had he opportunity visit the many places NEW YORK has to offer conveniently from our property. As mentioned in previous reviews, our area is very safe and quiet. Not only did you find value by staying in the outer boroughs but a nice place to retreat after a busy day. Accommodating staff await you upon your next visit.

Dankie, Ke a leboga

Cheers!!!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was more resonably priced than the hotels in Manhattan.We stayed here for four nights. The metro station is just a block away and from there it was about 6 stops to Times square. The hotel itself is nice, smallish rooms but clean and with its own coffee/tea machine. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay to avoid the over-priced Manhattan hotels. We didn't really explore too much of Long Island City, not much there, but we felt safe even late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to complete this review of our hotel and location. We have always been able to provide value when it comes to our sister city. It has been mentioned before and we continue to stay competitive. Value is not only in price in location as well. It's nice to retreat out of the city center after a day and come to a quiet and safe neighborhood. We appreciate the time and mentions of our hotel and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Travel Safely.....

Best Regards,
Norwood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel rates in Manhattan can be astronomical. This hotel is much less than many in Manhattan and offers a fantasist city view of Manhattan in some rooms. This is a great feature, but not one that would perhaps make me feel extremely compelled to return as a guest. It is the people there.

Rambo is this little gal with a mighty big personality that is amazing at her job. We showed up and my buddy had screwed up our reservation. Rambo was concerned and with a full house she booked us into a hotel right across the street with our last two nights back here. We were given a beautiful room with a huge balcony, mini-fridge and keurig.

There is more to this story of a wonderful staff-Richard was fantastic too! Luis as well. I have long been a fan of Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza beds; the feeling of NOT taking a chance on what kind of hotel I am getting, but I have to reiterate the staff here is fabulous.

The bar is small-that's alright, it never seemed too crowded. Nagine and Janette make great drinks (may I suggest a long Island Iced tea?). The hotel is a short block and half walk to the subway platform on a raised rail. Take the N train into Manhattan and you can get anywhere from stations such as Lexington Ave or Grand Central. Get a map and help from staff in the booths. 30 bucks buys you an unlimited 7 day pass.

We had breakfast twice at a little place right on the corner by the subway stairs called Zante. This place is nothing fancy, but the breakfasts and coffee are very good, and the portions are good.

Once again a huge shout out to Rambo and Louis. Rambo, you saved our trip.

The only con I witnessed besides the Brazilian Steakhouse on premises was the hallway carpets are a little faded. Not bad, but enough for a stickler like myself to notice.

Room Tip: Get to the East Village and go to a little French bistro called Lucien. The owner is there much of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the great feedback! Its guests like yourself that see the true value in a hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a caring and "big personality" team at the hotel. I will forward your feedback as well. I'm delighted you found everything up to your standard, and I will certainly look into the quality of the decor. I'm also glad to see you found the area convenient for the little things. Our town has many features and as you mentioned, close enough to Manhattan for anything else. So again, a big shout out to you from us and look forward to your future visits!

Kindest Regards,
Esko, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

After our plane landed at LaGuardia airport my wife and I each bought a 7 day unlimited ride Metro Card ($30 + $1 fee). We rode the M60 bus to the Astoria/Ditmars Blvd. stop and took the N train to 39th Ave. The hotel is only 2 short blocks away from this stop.

We stayed for 4 nights (4/25-4/29) at the Holiday Inn - Long Island City. Upon arrival at 1:00 PM we were greeted by Richard and Rambo. They were both very friendly and helpful. Richard checked us into our room (#203) early. I booked our room through my US Airways dividend miles account and got a great rate, I imagine that is why we were in a second floor room and not one with a view of Manhattan. Our room was clean and the Queen bed was comfortable. The room also had a coffee maker, refrigerator, iron, hair dryer and free HBO channels on the TV. Our room did not have a safe, but there were safety deposit boxes available at the front desk.

We ate dinner at the hotel one evening at the Rio Grande Churrascaria Steak House. The buffet was very good and worth the price. The service was great and the employees were all very nice.

The free Wi-Fi internet access worked fine in our room. I also used the computer and printer in the business center to print our boarding passes.

The hotel is located only 2 subway stops from Manhattan. We felt safe walking back to the hotel each night from the train station.

We will recommend this hotel to our friends and family. We will be staying there in the future, hopefully in a room on a higher floor with a nice view.

Thank you to Rambo, Richard, the housekeeping staff, and management for making our first trip to New York City a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

Jeff and Diane

Dear Jeffery,

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience in Long Island City! We appreciate the details especially on your commute from LGA Airport which will be very helpful to viewers. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our associates and departments who assisted in making your stay memorable. We hope to have you visit down the road and please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make your reservation.

Till the next time.....

Appreciatively,
Drury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were a little nervous about staying in Queens.......but this was a great hotel, 100yds from the train, good sized room in good condition. We had Google earthed the location, and while it is not scenic, it always felt quiet and safe, and we walked back late at night many times without any worries.
So, in conclusion, it was an economic choice for a NY hotel, without the Manhattan prices, but all of the convenience. the staff were great and friendly, the in house restaurant was good, the room was a good size and the bedding comfortable.
I would recommend getting a Manhattan view room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Manhattan view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recent review of our property and are glad you took a chance on us and our city! I will share you kind feedback to our TEAM on the mentions of the products and services, and the warm culture. Our area continues to work on the beautification. Long Island City does offer value and convenience! We hope to see you next time and continue to travel safely. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!