We stayed here for 8 nights with our school age children. The location was very central to both attractions in Queens and Manhattan.
The deli across the street, LIC Deli, was great for breakfast sandwiches. Zante Deli by the subway station was also great but they are cash only. Used the Keurig in the room daily which saved money on buying coffee. The fridge came in handy as we bought juice and milk from the store across the street.
The rooms were clean and large. I was disappointed to get a 3rd floor room with a awful view of the construction site next door.
I had previously emailed with some questions and the manager always replied right away and was very helpful.
We did eat in the Brazilian restaurant one night and enjoyed it. Kids eat free if they order off the kids menu.
The bathroom in the hotel room was large and recently updated. It had a huge shower but no bathtub which was fine with us.
The room also had a large storage closet which was great. We were able to put our laundry bags and suitcases out of the walking area.
My only complaint was the awful view and the fact that the internet was wonky. I did phone about the internet and they reset the server on our floor which fixed it. However it was like that for 2 days before I called so not sure why it wasn't noticed before that.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.