“Great hotel near Manhattan.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Esko, Minnesota
“Great hotel near Manhattan.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

After our plane landed at LaGuardia airport my wife and I each bought a 7 day unlimited ride Metro Card ($30 + $1 fee). We rode the M60 bus to the Astoria/Ditmars Blvd. stop and took the N train to 39th Ave. The hotel is only 2 short blocks away from this stop.

We stayed for 4 nights (4/25-4/29) at the Holiday Inn - Long Island City. Upon arrival at 1:00 PM we were greeted by Richard and Rambo. They were both very friendly and helpful. Richard checked us into our room (#203) early. I booked our room through my US Airways dividend miles account and got a great rate, I imagine that is why we were in a second floor room and not one with a view of Manhattan. Our room was clean and the Queen bed was comfortable. The room also had a coffee maker, refrigerator, iron, hair dryer and free HBO channels on the TV. Our room did not have a safe, but there were safety deposit boxes available at the front desk.

We ate dinner at the hotel one evening at the Rio Grande Churrascaria Steak House. The buffet was very good and worth the price. The service was great and the employees were all very nice.

The free Wi-Fi internet access worked fine in our room. I also used the computer and printer in the business center to print our boarding passes.

The hotel is located only 2 subway stops from Manhattan. We felt safe walking back to the hotel each night from the train station.

We will recommend this hotel to our friends and family. We will be staying there in the future, hopefully in a room on a higher floor with a nice view.

Thank you to Rambo, Richard, the housekeeping staff, and management for making our first trip to New York City a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

Jeff and Diane

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Jeffery,

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience in Long Island City! We appreciate the details especially on your commute from LGA Airport which will be very helpful to viewers. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our associates and departments who assisted in making your stay memorable. We hope to have you visit down the road and please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make your reservation.

Till the next time.....

Appreciatively,

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Czech first
Drury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were a little nervous about staying in Queens.......but this was a great hotel, 100yds from the train, good sized room in good condition. We had Google earthed the location, and while it is not scenic, it always felt quiet and safe, and we walked back late at night many times without any worries.
So, in conclusion, it was an economic choice for a NY hotel, without the Manhattan prices, but all of the convenience. the staff were great and friendly, the in house restaurant was good, the room was a good size and the bedding comfortable.
I would recommend getting a Manhattan view room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Manhattan view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recent review of our property and are glad you took a chance on us and our city! I will share you kind feedback to our TEAM on the mentions of the products and services, and the warm culture. Our area continues to work on the beautification. Long Island City does offer value and convenience! We hope to see you next time and continue to travel safely. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

There really is no need to search any further if you are looking for a place where to stay in New York! It may not be located in Manhattan, but why spend more to be there if you can stay here - just right over Queensboro Bridge - for much less and still be only three metro stops away from 5th Avenue and 59th Street and six metro stops from Times Square? We had booked through Expedia two rooms with queen size beds for six nights. At our arrival, and during all our stay, the staff at the Holiday Inn were always very kind and helpful! A special mention has to go to Luis at the reception who went out of his way to ensure that the rooms assigned at our check-in were of our satisfaction. The hotel is literally only 20 meters from the metro stop 39th Avenue in Long Island City and we always felt safe in the area. The hotel's location meant that we were in Manhattan in minutes! What a perfect stay in an always incredible New York City.

• Stayed March 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Ciao Pal1977,

Thank you for your recent review and opportunity to have you as our guest! We appreciate the kind feedback and I'm delighted that Luis assisted you throughout your stay with us! Glad to hear your commute to NYC is easy and convenient. Also, that you found the area safe as Long Island City is virtually transforming daily. We hope to see you the next time. Thank you again!

Ciao,
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Manhattan View whilst taking part in a conference in New York. The reason why I didn't leave a 5 star review is due to the internet connection. In the lobby the internet worked okay, but I was staying on the 4th floor, where the WiFi was extremely slow and unreliable. On the first day of my stay it was fine, but for the remainder it was slow and you couldn't have more than one tab open at a time, which made doing work from the hotel room difficult. At one point, the page wouldn't load at all and I kept having to refresh it. It was very frustrating.

Aside from this, everything else was excellent. The location was perfect; Getting to the centre is a short subway ride away, and the subway itself is a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Straight across the road from the hotel is a wonderful deli/shop, and a 3 minute walk away (next to the subway station) is a Greek-run diner, so you won't be stuck for services if you don't want to eat in the hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel myself, so can't comment on the food. However, the bar is perfect for a quiet drink in the evening.

The staff were all lovely and so friendly, I can't compliment them enough. The room was a good size for New York, and had the usual facilities...a television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, mini toiletries, air conditioning. It was very comfortable.

To sum up, I would return, however, I'd hope the WiFi connection is improved by then.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Louise,

Thank you for staying with us recently! I appreciate the feedback and I'm certainly working on the Wi-FI concern as we speak. The hotel will be upgrading the technology in the next coouple of months. Also,we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff, location, local attractions and accommodations. We do sincerely hope to see you next time.

Warmest Regards,
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View in the Long Island City, New York is a nice neat hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and the property itself is good. It's a small hotel close to Queens and only 2 minutes walking distance from the Sub way station (39th Avenue, Ave Be Station) which makes it very convenient. Stayed there for only two nights and then had to move out to another hotel when we extended our stay for more two days as the hotel was over booked. Our overall stay for the two nights was good.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room to have the better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and hoped you could have stayed longer. I appreciate the details conerning your stay and hoped to have you join us in the future, for longer of course!

আপনি যদি পরবর্তী সময় ভ্রমণ দয়া করে আপনার পর্যালোচনা উল্লেখ করা আবশ্যক. আমাদের সঙ্গে থাকা করার জন্য আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ!

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 nights here. Our first time in New York. It was a relief to get here after staying in a less than reputable hotel in Jamaica the previous night. The staff were amazing, letting us check in early, giving us directions hints and tips for getting around. We loved the brazilian restaurant below and fell in love with Astoria. Even better our friends from philly came up and stayed in the same hotel. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Nick and Leonie,

Thank you for the feedback and really happy to hear your "GREAT" stay with us was a better one. Please visit us next time and we look forward to your return in the future. We appreciate the time and Astoria is a Well Kept Secret....

Warm Regards,
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Without going into details, thanks go out to all the staff, especially Danny S., Elizabeth T. and Daisy. The gentleman who brought a roll-away bed late in the evening (twice, as the first one wasn't suitable for an adult-sized teenager--she ended up sleeping on the floor) deserves a shout-out as well. We were assured that the first roll-away would be replaced 'in the morning' but we had to call upon return in the evening to have it replaced. Sadly, the replacement roll-away wasn't much better than the first. This was the only negative of the entire stay. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view and a balcony. Our room was super-quiet. The (non-roll-away) bed and pillows were very nice and those of us in a bed slept well.

The hotel room and public areas were in great condition, very clean and attractive. It's a short walk (a block or so) to the N or Q lines of the subway, and maybe 4 stops to Central Park and 6 stops to Times Square. A cab from LaGuardia cost us $21 (including tip) and a hired car return trip was $30 (with tip). We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was good. The Brazilian steakhouse dinner seemed like a good deal, but we weren't at the hotel during dinner time. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of Manhattan from the 11th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View! I apologize about the Rollaways condition but glad to hear you made the best of the time here with us. I will certainly let the Front Office Team know about your kind feedback wonderful to hear you were looked after. You found the hotel convenient in terms of proximity to NYC and a great value. We hope to see you down the road and appreciate your time and feedback..

WE WANT YOU BACK,......

Kindest Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!