“Perfect stay in an always incredible New York City!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Milan, Italy
“Perfect stay in an always incredible New York City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

There really is no need to search any further if you are looking for a place where to stay in New York! It may not be located in Manhattan, but why spend more to be there if you can stay here - just right over Queensboro Bridge - for much less and still be only three metro stops away from 5th Avenue and 59th Street and six metro stops from Times Square? We had booked through Expedia two rooms with queen size beds for six nights. At our arrival, and during all our stay, the staff at the Holiday Inn were always very kind and helpful! A special mention has to go to Luis at the reception who went out of his way to ensure that the rooms assigned at our check-in were of our satisfaction. The hotel is literally only 20 meters from the metro stop 39th Avenue in Long Island City and we always felt safe in the area. The hotel's location meant that we were in Manhattan in minutes! What a perfect stay in an always incredible New York City.

• Stayed March 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Ciao Pal1977,

Thank you for your recent review and opportunity to have you as our guest! We appreciate the kind feedback and I'm delighted that Luis assisted you throughout your stay with us! Glad to hear your commute to NYC is easy and convenient. Also, that you found the area safe as Long Island City is virtually transforming daily. We hope to see you the next time. Thank you again!

Ciao,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Manhattan View whilst taking part in a conference in New York. The reason why I didn't leave a 5 star review is due to the internet connection. In the lobby the internet worked okay, but I was staying on the 4th floor, where the WiFi was extremely slow and unreliable. On the first day of my stay it was fine, but for the remainder it was slow and you couldn't have more than one tab open at a time, which made doing work from the hotel room difficult. At one point, the page wouldn't load at all and I kept having to refresh it. It was very frustrating.

Aside from this, everything else was excellent. The location was perfect; Getting to the centre is a short subway ride away, and the subway itself is a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Straight across the road from the hotel is a wonderful deli/shop, and a 3 minute walk away (next to the subway station) is a Greek-run diner, so you won't be stuck for services if you don't want to eat in the hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel myself, so can't comment on the food. However, the bar is perfect for a quiet drink in the evening.

The staff were all lovely and so friendly, I can't compliment them enough. The room was a good size for New York, and had the usual facilities...a television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, mini toiletries, air conditioning. It was very comfortable.

To sum up, I would return, however, I'd hope the WiFi connection is improved by then.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Louise,

Thank you for staying with us recently! I appreciate the feedback and I'm certainly working on the Wi-FI concern as we speak. The hotel will be upgrading the technology in the next coouple of months. Also,we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff, location, local attractions and accommodations. We do sincerely hope to see you next time.

Warmest Regards,
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View in the Long Island City, New York is a nice neat hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and the property itself is good. It's a small hotel close to Queens and only 2 minutes walking distance from the Sub way station (39th Avenue, Ave Be Station) which makes it very convenient. Stayed there for only two nights and then had to move out to another hotel when we extended our stay for more two days as the hotel was over booked. Our overall stay for the two nights was good.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room to have the better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and hoped you could have stayed longer. I appreciate the details conerning your stay and hoped to have you join us in the future, for longer of course!

আপনি যদি পরবর্তী সময় ভ্রমণ দয়া করে আপনার পর্যালোচনা উল্লেখ করা আবশ্যক. আমাদের সঙ্গে থাকা করার জন্য আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ!

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 nights here. Our first time in New York. It was a relief to get here after staying in a less than reputable hotel in Jamaica the previous night. The staff were amazing, letting us check in early, giving us directions hints and tips for getting around. We loved the brazilian restaurant below and fell in love with Astoria. Even better our friends from philly came up and stayed in the same hotel. Thanks for the great stay.

Dear Nick and Leonie,

Thank you for the feedback and really happy to hear your "GREAT" stay with us was a better one. Please visit us next time and we look forward to your return in the future. We appreciate the time and Astoria is a Well Kept Secret....

Warm Regards,
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Without going into details, thanks go out to all the staff, especially Danny S., Elizabeth T. and Daisy. The gentleman who brought a roll-away bed late in the evening (twice, as the first one wasn't suitable for an adult-sized teenager--she ended up sleeping on the floor) deserves a shout-out as well. We were assured that the first roll-away would be replaced 'in the morning' but we had to call upon return in the evening to have it replaced. Sadly, the replacement roll-away wasn't much better than the first. This was the only negative of the entire stay. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view and a balcony. Our room was super-quiet. The (non-roll-away) bed and pillows were very nice and those of us in a bed slept well.

The hotel room and public areas were in great condition, very clean and attractive. It's a short walk (a block or so) to the N or Q lines of the subway, and maybe 4 stops to Central Park and 6 stops to Times Square. A cab from LaGuardia cost us $21 (including tip) and a hired car return trip was $30 (with tip). We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was good. The Brazilian steakhouse dinner seemed like a good deal, but we weren't at the hotel during dinner time. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of Manhattan from the 11th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View! I apologize about the Rollaways condition but glad to hear you made the best of the time here with us. I will certainly let the Front Office Team know about your kind feedback wonderful to hear you were looked after. You found the hotel convenient in terms of proximity to NYC and a great value. We hope to see you down the road and appreciate your time and feedback..

WE WANT YOU BACK,......

Kindest Regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Came back to NYC for the second time in six months. First stay in Maspeth was horrible.... But this was amazing!

We were welcomed and helped from the moment we walked in. Nice to see a fellow Brit on the desk too! Location was a 5 minute stroll to Queens Plaza and from there 10 minutes to Times Square.

The room was lovely although we paid extra for a balcony room and the view was terrible. Staff were really helpful tho and moved us to room 1508 which had an amazing view across to Manhattan. The area around the hotel is peaceful and we felt safe. There are schools, delis, cafes locally and it feels like a happy community.

The breakfasts in the hotel restaurant were lovely although a little expensive. The bar was really busy and a lovely place to escape to last thing at night.

Only gripe was that we booked a cab to Newark airport to come home and were told by hotel staff the fare was $90 incl tolls. When we got there we had to pay $140. Other than that this was the perfect stay and we will come back! We all now love New York!!!

Dear Matthew,

We want to thank you for staying with us and appreciate the wonderful feedback! I see the staff were responseive in getting you to a better location within the hotel. Glad you found the location convenient and were able to feel secure and welcomed each day! We hope to see you in another 6 months if your time allows and let us know when your coming back! Apologies about the taxi fare and I will certainly bring this back toour staff to ensure we quote accurately.

Thank you for the review once again!!

Cheers!!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location and value. My room was well appointed by NY standards. Had a rather large corner room with a balcony and a nice view (by ny standards). Very bright and airy. More importantly (as I spend little time in the rooms) was the staff. Rambo at check in greets me with a smile and by name. I've been here a few times both on business and pleasure and she always makes me feel welcome. I'm actually a long time SPG member and they are only two blocks away but I chose to stay here. Too bad I didn't know the pool was no more though, it's why I wanted to stay here instead this time, but Rambo and Janette (bartender) made the stay worth my while. janette was great, very responsive and attentive! If you're not already, become a IHG member, free drinks at happy hour and aside from that they really make you feel welcome. The icing on the cake is the $20Churrascaria (Brazillian Steakhouse), can't be beat! Good meats, an unbeatable price,free drinks, free wifi a prime location (to access NYC) makes this a must stay for me. Hope you get to experience the professionalism of Rambo and Jeannette when you visit!

Dear Floridian,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and giving us an opportunity to show you the Holiday Inn Culture! Wonderful to hear you tried the Brazillian fare and the value is great! Thank you for becoming a Priortity Club Member, the best rewards program hotels have to offer. I will certainly pass on your comments to Rambo and Jeanette and thank you for the warm regards.

Till the next tiime we see you, have a wonderful travel season. From all of us....

Warmest Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!