“Nice small neat hotel close to Queens” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Nice small neat hotel close to Queens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View in the Long Island City, New York is a nice neat hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and the property itself is good. It's a small hotel close to Queens and only 2 minutes walking distance from the Sub way station (39th Avenue, Ave Be Station) which makes it very convenient. Stayed there for only two nights and then had to move out to another hotel when we extended our stay for more two days as the hotel was over booked. Our overall stay for the two nights was good.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room to have the better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and hoped you could have stayed longer. I appreciate the details conerning your stay and hoped to have you join us in the future, for longer of course!

আপনি যদি পরবর্তী সময় ভ্রমণ দয়া করে আপনার পর্যালোচনা উল্লেখ করা আবশ্যক. আমাদের সঙ্গে থাকা করার জন্য আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ!

Kindest Regards,

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 nights here. Our first time in New York. It was a relief to get here after staying in a less than reputable hotel in Jamaica the previous night. The staff were amazing, letting us check in early, giving us directions hints and tips for getting around. We loved the brazilian restaurant below and fell in love with Astoria. Even better our friends from philly came up and stayed in the same hotel. Thanks for the great stay.

Dear Nick and Leonie,

Thank you for the feedback and really happy to hear your "GREAT" stay with us was a better one. Please visit us next time and we look forward to your return in the future. We appreciate the time and Astoria is a Well Kept Secret....

Warm Regards,
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Without going into details, thanks go out to all the staff, especially Danny S., Elizabeth T. and Daisy. The gentleman who brought a roll-away bed late in the evening (twice, as the first one wasn't suitable for an adult-sized teenager--she ended up sleeping on the floor) deserves a shout-out as well. We were assured that the first roll-away would be replaced 'in the morning' but we had to call upon return in the evening to have it replaced. Sadly, the replacement roll-away wasn't much better than the first. This was the only negative of the entire stay. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view and a balcony. Our room was super-quiet. The (non-roll-away) bed and pillows were very nice and those of us in a bed slept well.

The hotel room and public areas were in great condition, very clean and attractive. It's a short walk (a block or so) to the N or Q lines of the subway, and maybe 4 stops to Central Park and 6 stops to Times Square. A cab from LaGuardia cost us $21 (including tip) and a hired car return trip was $30 (with tip). We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was good. The Brazilian steakhouse dinner seemed like a good deal, but we weren't at the hotel during dinner time. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of Manhattan from the 11th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View! I apologize about the Rollaways condition but glad to hear you made the best of the time here with us. I will certainly let the Front Office Team know about your kind feedback wonderful to hear you were looked after. You found the hotel convenient in terms of proximity to NYC and a great value. We hope to see you down the road and appreciate your time and feedback..

WE WANT YOU BACK,......

Kindest Regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Came back to NYC for the second time in six months. First stay in Maspeth was horrible.... But this was amazing!

We were welcomed and helped from the moment we walked in. Nice to see a fellow Brit on the desk too! Location was a 5 minute stroll to Queens Plaza and from there 10 minutes to Times Square.

The room was lovely although we paid extra for a balcony room and the view was terrible. Staff were really helpful tho and moved us to room 1508 which had an amazing view across to Manhattan. The area around the hotel is peaceful and we felt safe. There are schools, delis, cafes locally and it feels like a happy community.

The breakfasts in the hotel restaurant were lovely although a little expensive. The bar was really busy and a lovely place to escape to last thing at night.

Only gripe was that we booked a cab to Newark airport to come home and were told by hotel staff the fare was $90 incl tolls. When we got there we had to pay $140. Other than that this was the perfect stay and we will come back! We all now love New York!!!

Dear Matthew,

We want to thank you for staying with us and appreciate the wonderful feedback! I see the staff were responseive in getting you to a better location within the hotel. Glad you found the location convenient and were able to feel secure and welcomed each day! We hope to see you in another 6 months if your time allows and let us know when your coming back! Apologies about the taxi fare and I will certainly bring this back toour staff to ensure we quote accurately.

Thank you for the review once again!!

Cheers!!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location and value. My room was well appointed by NY standards. Had a rather large corner room with a balcony and a nice view (by ny standards). Very bright and airy. More importantly (as I spend little time in the rooms) was the staff. Rambo at check in greets me with a smile and by name. I've been here a few times both on business and pleasure and she always makes me feel welcome. I'm actually a long time SPG member and they are only two blocks away but I chose to stay here. Too bad I didn't know the pool was no more though, it's why I wanted to stay here instead this time, but Rambo and Janette (bartender) made the stay worth my while. janette was great, very responsive and attentive! If you're not already, become a IHG member, free drinks at happy hour and aside from that they really make you feel welcome. The icing on the cake is the $20Churrascaria (Brazillian Steakhouse), can't be beat! Good meats, an unbeatable price,free drinks, free wifi a prime location (to access NYC) makes this a must stay for me. Hope you get to experience the professionalism of Rambo and Jeannette when you visit!

Dear Floridian,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and giving us an opportunity to show you the Holiday Inn Culture! Wonderful to hear you tried the Brazillian fare and the value is great! Thank you for becoming a Priortity Club Member, the best rewards program hotels have to offer. I will certainly pass on your comments to Rambo and Jeanette and thank you for the warm regards.

Till the next tiime we see you, have a wonderful travel season. From all of us....

Warmest Regards,
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here during the first week of April. The hotel itself stands out amongst the surounding building making it very easy to spot. Its only a 500 foot walk to the nearest subway station(N and Q trains) which was extremely helpfull. But keep in mind that during the week the N and Q trains dont run to Manhattan between 10:15am and 3:00pm. Upon check in they requested a $50 per night hold for incendentals. I found this very confusing seeing as there was nothing you could charge to the room as far as I could tell and my room was fully prepaid. We got a room on the 10th floor facing West. The view was very nice. The only drawback was the construction going on next door. One moring it started as early as 6am. If you are a light sleeper then this can be a huge drawback. The single Queen room was small but very well maintained. The only issue with the room was the shower stall door did not keep water inside the shower, luckily we had lots of towels. We ate supper at the Brazilian restaurant downstairs. The food was good but the service was exceptional. The waitress sure seemed to like her job. The hotel has a gym but was disapointed that the pool was closed. That alone cost this hotel a 5 rating for me. Walking all day in Times Square, it would have been a huge help to have the pool/spa open to use. When checking out they utilize their own car company which costs $25 to LGA. Not bad, but no explination was given about it. I didnt know if I was to pay the driver or if the Hotel had charged it to my credit card already.

Overall I was pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the details and concerns that you encountered during your visit. I appreciate the feedback and know that a few items youe explained could have been avoided and I will ensure to discuss them with our TEAM. Our Maintenace team will take a closer look at the shower doors. Taking an authorization for your stay is standard. Room Service, Valet Laundry, Phone Calls, Restauant/Bar are all considered items you can charge to your room. We should have explained this better. Also, the hotel doesnt have transportation set up so payments are made direclty with the company. Great to hear you expereiceed Rio Grande Brazilian Steak House, its definitely worth while.

We hope to see you again and if you do choose to visit us again, please feel free to contact me directly. We would also like to know the room you occupied to ensure we correct the maintenance isssue. Thank you again!

Warm Regards,
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to say this hotel was brilliant from start to finish, I especially would like to thanks Danny and Rambo who were working on the desk as we turned up to the hotel, I had made a special request and they REALLY looked after us which really made our stay very very special indeed. The room was very clean and the mini fridge is very helpful for drinks etc. There is also a nice little shop across the road from the hotel which you can grab snacks, drinks and they do a lovely BLT hero! We also gave the Brazillian steak house a try which was located in the hotel, it was very good value for money at only $20 each and the staff were very helpful. Even the English man (his name escapes me) who was on the desk at night was helpful telling us the best place to rent a car to travel to the outlets. I look forward to stopping here again on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Krause,

Great to hear you enjoyed your time in NYC and the Staff "REALLY" looked after you! We're here for you and next time your passing through please let us know you'll be joining us. We would like the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Holiday Inn L.I.CIty Manhattan View.
Thank you for the kind feedback and I will pass on your comments to the TEAM, they're really excited to have been mentioned...

Till the next time.....

Cheers..

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!