“Very impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was great! Room was wonderful, amazing view of Manhattan! Truly gorgeous view - room was windows from floor to ceiling...
The front desk guy-Luis was friendly, professional, and very welcoming and helpful. great service! Overall, great experience for a fun night ! 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and comments concerning your recent stay. On behalf of the entire Hotel Staff, Thank you! This review transcends our expectations and we continue to make all of our guests experience as impressive as the next! Our team is ready for the challenge and look forward to making an impression again in the future. Thank you for staying with us!

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nice to have a consistent staff that cares. HI the view is undefeated in service. Not b/c everything is perfect, but b/c they fix. Rambo, elez, daisy, Luis, are great front desk and welcoming. Neide and Jeanette are super at the lounge. Merlisa, not so good. she makes 5 a 4 in stars. Summer Rambo is the best. The housekeeping staff is good and funny and nice. third shift guys are friendly and helpful. exercise room is great once you get the hang.

Oh, breakfast is worth the wake up. Buffet is ok and quick, Vannan and her co-hort? and the staff are great. they remember my coffee needs and juggle guest seamlessly.

I've stayed in many hotels and when I come to NYC, I'll pick this one.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with #6-9 on the end. away from elevator and ice machine. Duh
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your time and value your feedback! Our Staff really care about our guests and that shows when different areas of the hotel can impact your experience. We're delighted to hear how you enjoyed your time with us and I will certainly ensure the comedians, the mentioned staff and their respected team members including Management are forwarded your kind words. I look forward to your next long term stay and thank you for picking this hotel!

Sincerely Your Choice Hotel in NYC,
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We bid on the room last minute to go visit people in Astoria. We stayed for two nights. The location was perfect for us. We wanted to enjoy the cafes in Astoria, and also spend time in Manhattan. Being a Priority club member really paid off: we were upgraded to a corner room on the twelfth floor with a balcony, given free water and a late checkout. The view was literally 180 degrees and included two bridges, the Empire State building and the Chrysler building. The subway stop was a short walk away and we were 3 stops from where we wanted to be in either direction. There is no nightlife around the hotel whatsoever. The bar in the hotel had zero atmosphere. We didn't try the restaurant, but there are wonderful places to eat in Astoria about a mile away. I would definitely stay again. The lobby is very small, so if you are traveling with a crowd, not much room to congregate. The staff was awesome. A parked on the street, but make sure you feed the meter by 9 a m. Great weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mrs. B,

We appreciate your feedback and your previous time spent with us! The Team here wants to thank you for staying with us! Now that you have the footprint of the this area you correct that Long Island City has a lot to offer. Traveling in and out of the city center is easy with no transferring which is why we are are great location. Next time try the Rodizio Style fare in the Restaurant which strikes a great value for $20 all you can eat buffet as well. Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and thank you for falling in love with our views!

Travel Safely,

worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is walking distance to the subway and easy to find time square, top of the rock ( a must see) and the 9/11 memorial. From our room you could hear the subway faintly. The room was a good size for one night with a full closet. We stayed on the second floor not much of a view (room 206). Parking: we saw 13 spots- and its $20 a night that you stay. You get a voucher for your dash board and you will get towed if you don't have a voucher. The parking is VERY tight! The check in desk will have maps of the city with subway information if you ask. Make sure your door is shut when you leave- it seemed to be a little difficult to close. The pool is closed- we were disapointed that it was not corrected on the web site when we were booking. Its a great price for a hotel, taxes, and parking for under $200 a night.

Room Tip: We could adjust the heat in our room which was nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Katelynn,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback! I apologize about the pool closure, I believe all information concerning this service has been updated since the new year but if there's a place where it is still published please let me know. We are also in the process of updating our collateral in rooms as well. Glad you found the property satisfactory and a value for what you were looking for. Thank you again for staying with us an please stay tuned for a new service that the hotel will offer in the coming months.

Safe Travels,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having never been to New York before, I selected this hotel based just on its price and previous ratings. For New York City, the hotel is affordable (I booked through Expedia). When I arrived I was tired after a total journey of more than 12 hours.

Initial impressions were good - the hotel is new and the neighbourhood safe. I strolled around as a single traveller and was always fine. The area has a few delis, including an excellent one just by the subway stop, which is just one block away from the hotel on the N and Q lines.

Inside, I was greeted by Luis, who after checking in immediately helped me, by providing a subway map and explaining how to find the main sites. The room was clean (and was serviced to a great standard daily). The coffee machine was great! The hotel was quiet and I got 4 good nights sleep out of four.

The restaurant suited my needs perfectly on the couple of days where I had been out and about and wanted a chilled evening. The gym was well equipped. Another bonus for me, as my mobile phone decided not to work, there was a business centre downstairs where I could freely email (to meet up with friends in NYC) and print boarding passes etc.

All in all a great experience, cannot fault the hotel or the staff, who looked after me.

Will be coming back for sure next summer! Thankyou!

Room Tip: Although I was on floor 4, the higher rooms have great views... take the lift up to 15th in the even...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Alex,

Thank you sooo much for your time and feedback! Glad to hear you were safe, comfortable, found value, and experienced the services the hotel has to offer to your satisfaction. I will certainly forward your comments to our associates. We appreciate your business and please do not hesitate to contact us next year! Thank you for being a brilliant guest!

Safe Travels,

Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location:
Long Island City near train stations.
Small convenience store across the street.

Getting to Hotel from Airport:
Pre-booked Carmel car from Newark airport took 50 mins (at 10pm).

Check-In:
No waiting.
Fast and smooth.
Offered a package of cookies and water at check-in.

Room:

Room Service:

Elevators:
Fairly fast.

Desk:
Good working height but drawer hits knees.
Desk Lamp.
Two power sockets in desk lamp.

Desk Chair:
Adjustable and comfortable for work.

Iron:

Trouser Press:

Robes:

Slippers:

Umbrella:

Tea and Coffee in room:

Complimentary Drinking Water:
Bottle offered at check-in.

Fridge:

Turn Down Service:

Room Lighting:
Bedside lamps.
Good lighting.

Closet, Drawer and Cabinet Space:
Medium sized closet with hanging area.
Drawer space below TV cabinets.

Phones:
Phone on desk.
Phone bedside.
No phone in bathroom.

Couch:
Two lounge chairs.

TV:
Medium sized LCD on cabinet.
Many channels including HBO.

Windows:
Sliding glass doors leading to balcony.
Curtains effective at blocking sunlight.

Balcony:

View from Room:
LaGuardia airport in the distance.

Bathroom:
Medium sized.
Shower unit (door doesn’t close exactly so watch for water leakage).
No bathtub.
No bidet.
Magnifying mirror.
Very good lighting.
Basic amenities.
Water pressure strong.
Hot water in mornings. Not hot in evenings.
No heated mirror.
Shaver outlet for US style plugs.
Heated bathroom floor: No.

Morning Newspaper at Door:
Complimentary US Today in the lobby.

Gym:

Included in room rate.

Bed:
King size bed.
Bedside lamps.
Very comfortable and firm.
Very clean.

Room Cleanliness:
Cleaned daily.
Some sloppiness in cleaning.

Air Conditioning:
Very effective.

Alarm Clock and Wakeup:
Wake up calls requested from reception were always on time.

Laundry Service:

Microwave Oven:

Breakfast:
Reasonably priced a la carte or small buffet.

Restaurant:
Good prices (especially with coupon).
Food OK.

Genuinely concerned.

Check Out:
Fast.

Getting from Hotel to Airport:
60 minutes (at 2pm) to Newark airport by pre-arranged Carmel car.

Room Tip: Take coupons offered at check-in for restaurant discounts.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed account of your stay and full comprehensive list of amenities and services our hotel has to offer. This is how you fully evaluate a property and noticed the same approach with other hotels you visited. A quality inspector approach!

From the response, it looks like we passed and appreciate you describing your stay for consumers to see what a great hotel we are. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and operation up to your expectations. We strive to improve more on your next visit. One thing I wanted to mention is there's a microwave for guests to use in the lower level as well as upon request.

Travel Safely and again please let us know the next time you’re in town. Thank you for staying with us!

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just after Thanksgiving last year, our apartment had to undergo emergency repairs. We were to be out a total of three weeks, but we did not know it then. We got to this hotel after week 1. By then our nerves were still frazzled, the kids were a bit undone by the new routine (and upset by our previous accomodations) and I was just anxious about a million things. Then the insurance company offered us the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. Finally, heaven was smiling! This is such a gem of a hotel. It is modern on the outside, yet the rooms have touch of warmth and very spacious. I believe most every room has a view of Manhattan, either a balcony or an extra alcove. Our rooms had an alcove with a nice ottoman where you could lie down, throw open the curtains and enjoy the view! Serenity, just what we needed! It is so clean and neat, our housekeeping staff were starting to feel like family. The front desk folks were so nice and accommodating. One of them is named "Rambo", that still makes me smile. When you visit, you'll see why! There is a Brazilian eat-all-you-can restaurant in house. They also served decent breakfasts, buffet or a la carte. One of the best things about this hotel is it is just TWO STOPS away from Bloomingdale's in Manhattan. That is closer to the Upper East side, than Times Square is! And the other best thing: you are in Queens! Which means fabulous eating is just a few subway stops away: Astoria, Jackson Heights, Long Island City, Woodside, Flushing. We ended up staying two weeks. The kids did not want to leave anymore! This hotel is definitely #1 on my list to recommend to out of town guests from now on!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for your kind feedback! Thank you for taking time out of your day to recreate your experience at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View when so much personally is happening around your personal life! We're thrilled to hear your back home with your family and settled. I only hope that that these circumstances only happen once in a lifetime but given the unfortunate call, we would have ever been able to have you as our guest.

I'm very proud of my team and this account of your stay will inspire them to continue to do what we do best, hospitality. I will pass on your lovely comments to the Restaurant Management as well. Should you find yourself back in L.I. City for any reason I will certainly be delighted to have you back with us! Rambo has acquired yet another guest to look after as she really takes the time to ensure our guests are comfortable. Glad to hear Rambo was there to make you smile in the time of need!

From your number FAN, we look forward to assisting you in the future........Travel safely!

Warmest Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!