Having never been to New York before, I selected this hotel based just on its price and previous ratings. For New York City, the hotel is affordable (I booked through Expedia). When I arrived I was tired after a total journey of more than 12 hours.
Initial impressions were good - the hotel is new and the neighbourhood safe. I strolled around as a single traveller and was always fine. The area has a few delis, including an excellent one just by the subway stop, which is just one block away from the hotel on the N and Q lines.
Inside, I was greeted by Luis, who after checking in immediately helped me, by providing a subway map and explaining how to find the main sites. The room was clean (and was serviced to a great standard daily). The coffee machine was great! The hotel was quiet and I got 4 good nights sleep out of four.
The restaurant suited my needs perfectly on the couple of days where I had been out and about and wanted a chilled evening. The gym was well equipped. Another bonus for me, as my mobile phone decided not to work, there was a business centre downstairs where I could freely email (to meet up with friends in NYC) and print boarding passes etc.
All in all a great experience, cannot fault the hotel or the staff, who looked after me.
Will be coming back for sure next summer! Thankyou!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York