“Our Haven for Two Weeks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
New York City
“Our Haven for Two Weeks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just after Thanksgiving last year, our apartment had to undergo emergency repairs. We were to be out a total of three weeks, but we did not know it then. We got to this hotel after week 1. By then our nerves were still frazzled, the kids were a bit undone by the new routine (and upset by our previous accomodations) and I was just anxious about a million things. Then the insurance company offered us the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. Finally, heaven was smiling! This is such a gem of a hotel. It is modern on the outside, yet the rooms have touch of warmth and very spacious. I believe most every room has a view of Manhattan, either a balcony or an extra alcove. Our rooms had an alcove with a nice ottoman where you could lie down, throw open the curtains and enjoy the view! Serenity, just what we needed! It is so clean and neat, our housekeeping staff were starting to feel like family. The front desk folks were so nice and accommodating. One of them is named "Rambo", that still makes me smile. When you visit, you'll see why! There is a Brazilian eat-all-you-can restaurant in house. They also served decent breakfasts, buffet or a la carte. One of the best things about this hotel is it is just TWO STOPS away from Bloomingdale's in Manhattan. That is closer to the Upper East side, than Times Square is! And the other best thing: you are in Queens! Which means fabulous eating is just a few subway stops away: Astoria, Jackson Heights, Long Island City, Woodside, Flushing. We ended up staying two weeks. The kids did not want to leave anymore! This hotel is definitely #1 on my list to recommend to out of town guests from now on!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for your kind feedback! Thank you for taking time out of your day to recreate your experience at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View when so much personally is happening around your personal life! We're thrilled to hear your back home with your family and settled. I only hope that that these circumstances only happen once in a lifetime but given the unfortunate call, we would have ever been able to have you as our guest.

I'm very proud of my team and this account of your stay will inspire them to continue to do what we do best, hospitality. I will pass on your lovely comments to the Restaurant Management as well. Should you find yourself back in L.I. City for any reason I will certainly be delighted to have you back with us! Rambo has acquired yet another guest to look after as she really takes the time to ensure our guests are comfortable. Glad to hear Rambo was there to make you smile in the time of need!

From your number FAN, we look forward to assisting you in the future........Travel safely!

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Czech first
Medford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We came into Long Island for a wake and a funeral. The hotel was selected by a friend. We arrived early coming from eastern Long Island. We didn't know what the check in time was. We waited about an hour and a half. We were comped an upgrade room for waiting on the 15th floor. The room was beautiful and the view of Manhattan was the best. We only stayed one nite. The bed was very comfortable along with the bedding and pillows. We only had a few minor complaints which I'm sure will be taken care of. The ice maker was not producing ice, the clock radio in the room could not be set for a wake up time which could have been our fault. But the personnel took our request over the phone at the front desk. The sliding glass door was making a noise I believe due to the wind as it was very windy and cold. The heat in the lobby and the bar could have been better. Over all everything else was wonderful. The personnel was warm and professional. Knowing this is a new hotel I feel these are probably kinks that need to be worked out. I hope so as we would like to recommend this hotel and would probably use it again it the future. Thank you John and Victoria Olexa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear John and Victoria,

We are sorry for your recent loss. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to respond and review our property during a tough time. This week was unusual in terms of weather however we have discovered a unit in the lower level that needed attention so we will correct the temperature in the main lobby moving forward. Items in the rooms have been addressed, thank you. I distinctly recall speaking with you upon arrival, thank you for staying with us and please do not hesitate to contact in the future for reservations. I will ensure your room is in perfect order. We will ensure on you on the net visit you will not encounter anything less a perfect stay.

Wishing you and your family well!

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Luis was an extraordinary concierge and the highest representation of such a well-known worldwide brand. The room we had was amazing and had a beautiful view of Manhattan! We absolutely loved the Brazilian steakhouse inside. I will definitely stay here again.
Ask for the 11th floor and above!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Dru,

Thank you for your recent review and wonderful commentary on our staff, product and services. Our lower floors are nice too, just saying! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your business! We cannot wait till the next time. Happy Traveling!!!!!

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel was chosen because it was a Holiday Inn with great reviews, pricing and location to public transportation for week long business in midtown Manhattan. The large queen room (605) with mini-fridge overlooked 39th St and is high enough that some upper Manhattan views are visible and the street noise was low. It is also situated away from the elevator and did not face the construction on the building next door so the interior noise level was low. I felt very comfortable and safe walking daily the two blocks to the 39th St Metro station and grabbing the N or Q to midtown for business activities. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and quickly responded to an issue we had with our thermostat mid-week. My daughter, who shared the room, enjoyed the fitness center daily, and I used the "business center" (a computer/printer under the stairs) to print my boarding passes. We tried the restaurant twice, but found eating out more enjoyable. The selections were okay, but the food is so-so, and since the restaurant is on the basement level, it is very dark. Our room had a mini-fridge, so we took advantage of the Deli and grocer across the street, and the microwave on the lowest level. I paid for parking and had a spot each evening, but heads up, the spaces and navigation areas are tight, so smaller vehicles are better choices. That said, street parking would not be a problem in this neighborhood.

If I had to make a negative comment, it is that there is no ramp near the front entryway so it was a challenge to navigate the luggage trolley when arriving and leaving.

Room Tip: Sixth floor, north view is sufficient if you want views and low noise. The mini-fridge was a bonus...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feeback and review of our property! We appreciate your time and detail and of course being a "Gem" of a guest! Pricing, Location, Confortable, Safe, Friendly, Helpful, and Quick Response very much depicts our culture at the Holiday Inn. I will certainly look into your suggestions and pass your thoughts onto our departments. I'm delighted you you enjoyed your stay and found the services to fit your travel needs and we look forward to a future visit!

Travel Safely.........

Kettering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn hotel but in an excellent location. The hotel is situated 2 miniutes from 39th street station on the N and Q subway which in 10 minutes will take you into the heart of Manhattan. So you have all the benefits of being close to the heart of NY without paying Manhattan mad prices. The room we had was an executive suite on the 16th floor which gave excellent views over Long Island. The hotel was clean and eficiently run though we did have an issue on the first night when the room was not serviced, but they quickly remedied this. The restaurant is not the best in the world, but who needs this on site when there are so moany excellent places to eat a short subway ride away! Breakfast was the typical arrangement you get in a Holiday Inn anywhere. Not great but it does the job. If your staying in NY for a few days I would recommend you give this hotel a try.

Room Tip: I suggest you try to get a room overlooking Manhattan and whilst the suites on the 16th on 17th floo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I must say you take your feedback seriously. We appreciate the comments and recommendations. Traveling as much as you do I was delighted to hear that a concern arose and it was taken care of quickly. Cleanliness and Efficient are also key components of our success. I will certainly let our staff know how much this review impacts future business, so thank you for you time and honest feedback. Glad to hear you found your way around and that our location was convenient. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you next time and please let me know the next time in our town!

Thank you for staying with us!!!

Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

An excellent hotel if you would like to stay close to Manhattan, but not paying the Manhattan prices, especially around Christmas and New Year! The hotel is clean, staff very helpful, view over Manhattan skyline - a dream. Best quality rib-eye in the restaurant! I would also like to thank the manager for helping us book a room on the upper floors, with Manhattan view - it was just great! I would stay in this hotel every time we get to NYC!!! Subways is 1 minute away, there is a greek eatery on the corner with delightful (if somewhat heavy) breakfast and even if the area doesn't look much at the beginning, we have never felt unsafe!

Room Tip: Just ask the manager for help - and try not to get a room near the vending machines! Higher floors h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Vielen Dank für Ihren letzten Überprüfung und wurden uns freuen, Sie als unseren Gast zu haben!

We appreciate the kind feedback and will pass your comments onto the team. Long Island City is truly a great way to see the sights! We look forward to your next stay!

Have a wonderful, healthy and safe New Year!

bis zum nächsten Mal!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

less than 3-minutes walk to the subway and took us about 10 minutes to Times Square 42nd stop, quite convenient for using the public transportation. the room is clean and smell nice throughout our 4-days stay. the lobby front desk is friendly especially with Luis and Mark, which is kind enough to extend the check-out time since our departure plane is in the early evening. and the brazilian buffet at the hotel is pretty good!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Andy,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We appreciate your feedback about the staff and services. I'm delighted your had the opportunity to see NYC and of course the commute is convenient from out hotel. I see you took advantage of the Brazilian buffet, good choice for the family.... Have a great New Year and hope to see you next time when your in NY.

Warmest Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!