“First time in the Big City” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Leicester, United Kingdom
“First time in the Big City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This review is quite late as I stayed at this hotel back in May this year. First trip to New York.. Landing at JFK and getting to the hotel was a bit daunting as others have said the neighbourhood isn't amazing however it is not dangerous at all. We were two girls alone and felt safe walking back from the subway even at 3am. The subway is literally round the corner.. We bought a week card and used the subway to go everywhere instead of using taxis.. All part of the experience!! There is a convenience store opposite and a deli right near the subway too which is where we had breakfast most mornings. Hotel breakfast was also lovely. Comparing prices from this hotel to others in manhattan it is definitely worth getting this as it isn't far and leaves you more money for shopping! Reception staff were brilliant providing us with maps etc for New York as they knew it was our first time. Also have lockers available to store passports etc. Tea, Coffee, shampoo shower gel etc was restocked every day which was brilliant. Rooms cleaned, tidied and beds made everyday. Brilliant service and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Better late than never I believe the saying goes! Thank you for taking the time t review the property and your feedback is very much appreciated! Long Island City is a safe place and has become a destination for many travelers seeking a nice place close to NYC with value. I'm glad you were able to take in the sites and the services of the hotel and will certainly pass along your comments to the TEAM, We hope you have a happy Christmas and new year! Thank you for staying with us again and look forward to the next visit to our city close to the city!

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked this afternoon after losing our seats on our flight to San Francisco and needing another night in NYC. A friend mentioned her parents sometimes stay here. Reception was excellent, Elizabeth gave us goodie bags for the kids as well as ourselves, and she very kindly even lent me her iPhone charger as our baggage was already all gone to San Fran.
A few minutes after getting into our room they brought us a plate of cheese and grapes which was a nice gesture
However, dinner was the worst food I can remember seeing, the buffet and barbequed meat was beyond inedible. All I could face trying was the deep fried fries. Definitely not recommended. I'm a little nervous about breakfast but figure they can't get that so wrong can they?
A bath would have been nice as we have 2 young kids, but other than that all seems fine

• Stayed December 2012
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting with us during your distressed flight time! We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the expereicne in the restaurant. I will be sure to pass on the comments to the Management of the restaurant appreciate if you gave us a call so we could find out a little more infomation at your convenience. I'm delighted that your family was well received and the goodie bags came in handy!

We wish you and your family the very best this holiday season and safe New Year!

Till the next time.....We appreicate you staying with us!

Warmest Regards,23
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was our first trip to New York. The location is excellent, being less than 10 minutes walk to the subway and only 10 minutes to see all the sights of Manhattan. We had a balcony room on the 16th floor with excellent views over to Manhattan. Wow! The kids enjoyed the pancakes at breakfast at the hotel so much we ended up having breakfast there everyday before venturing out to do our sight seeing. We also enjoyed, and filled up on the buffet breakfast each day and ate dinner there a couple of times. The quality was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to experience the spectacular view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you filling up the next time with us! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you and your family!

From the Holiday Inn Manhattan View Family!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was our second trip to New York and second time staying at this hotel. It is close to the subway stop and the N train that takes you to most of the main attractions in the city. Luis was wonderful!!! He made our trip even better than we planned. He was very knowledgeable about the subway and how to navigate everywhere. We never got lost once on this trip. He also had some good suggestions for good places to eat close by the hotel. This was nice when you were tired and hungry and didn't want to go into the city. Luis is one of the many reasons we will go back to New York and stay at the Holiday Inn-Manhattan View, Long Island City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level. We could hear street noise and car alarms going off at night. Also...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property for yet a second time! We appreciate your kind feedback concerning your stay and our associates especially Luis. Luis really knows the area and is great resource and has great recommedations. We look forward to your 3rd visit! Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well, let me first start off by saying this is not what I was expecting, but I have to say in good humor, this was excellent. The neighborhood is dirty, scary, and new construction was in progress everywhere!!! Nice transportation to the Metro Subway, the taxis were CRAZY so, were the people!!! When my girlfriend and I arrived to the hotel, Luis, was EXCELLENT!!! He was a cool guy and right away noticed that I was from Denver, CO. I would recommend this hotel and Luis to all the visitors as well as people that stay here!!! I would deff. stay here again!!!!! Luis was very helpful, and knowledgable of the area and city!!!!

Room Tip: I would choose one with a balcony and king size room!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

First trip to the big city can be itimadating for sure! Glad to hear Luis made you feel welcome and gave you the lay of the land. Wasn't too bad after all right? Thank you for your feedback and your contribution. You have survived and lived to tell the tale of our fabulous hotel and staff. I will be sure to mention your comments. Now that NYC is over rated when can we see you back this way? Have a great holiday season and happy new year!

Long Island City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hotel is nice and clean. The members of the staff are very friendly and professional, They make every effort to accomodate request even at the busiet moment of their work. Special mention to the following staff: Luis Maldonado, Rambo, Elizabeth, and Daisy. Thank you for making my stay pleasant.

Marcela/Sacramento CA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Its a wonderful time of the year to have a wonderful experience! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind contribution! Thank you for mentioning the Front Office Team, its hard to miss them isn't it? I'm delighted that you were looked after by the team and please enjoy the the holidays and have a happy and safe new year!

MARCELA from LIC, but lives in Sacramento we'll miss you!

Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Most of the hotels now almost providing the same services the only thing that making differences is the people factor and that hotel blessed with a great
Specially Rosario the General Manager Nandy in front desk and Neela from Housekeeping you don’t feel NYC cold weather because of their worm welcome and professionalism
After 14 hours flight I was given room upgrade and I felt home away from home the courtesy call I get from the general manager made me feel this people investing time in customer satisfactions

keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the Warm Review, I'm delighted to have had the pleasure of meeting you and we appreicate your mentions of our staff! I'm very lucky to work with great people! Our team wishes you the very best and should you ever find a need to stay in New York CIty, there will always be a warm place waiting for you!

Safe Travels back to the Middle East!

Warmest Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!