“Excellent stay and amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay and amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Island City for few days and we wished it would have been longer! From the minute you get to the hotel, which looks quite new and tidy, you get the warm welcome! I have stayed in other hotels in NYC, some of them 4 and 5 stars, and i can say the staff from Holiday Inn L.I. City was the most welcoming and friendly i have met before. Luis from Reception who checked us in was a true star and he made our stay much more enjoyable. Before we arrived we emailed the hotel with some special needs and everything was tracked in our reservation so we didn't need to say it again. The room was spacious, the bed very comfy, the bathroom was new and the Tv has a lot of channels. We had internet included so everything was easy in that side. The room had amazing views to Manhattan and in general the product is really good! We ordered breakfast in the room one day, and it was delivered promptly. It was delicious and very reasonable price for the amount of food you get (8 Usd). We also ordered dinner one night, and it was as good as the breakfast. We had the time to have a cocktail in the busy bar, and the waitress who prepared our Mojito was really friendly! Upon check out, Daisy helped us with the luggage and getting a taxi for the airport.

Even though the area is not very appealing at first sight, it was not dangerous at all, it was quite close to Manhattan by underground and quiet by night.

Definitely will stay here again on our next trip to NYC!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Ms. Ortiz,

Thank you for the wonderful account of your stay! We appreciate yor time and feedback! Firstly, I would like to mention the enitre cast of the Holiday Inn L.I.C Manhattan View who played important roles in making a memorable experience. I will certainly pass on your kind mentions to Luis, and Daisy!

Its Adjectives such as Warm, Comfortable, Good, Spacious, Reasonable, to name a few, which really characterize the culture of this hotel. And yes, our product is new!

We hope your back home and getting ready for the holidays! Till the next time, please let us know when your in town!

Cheers!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Walton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We visited NYC for the first time, and picked this hotel in Long Island City , primarily because it said they had a "view of Manhatten" . I had requested a room with a view, due to our celebrating our 30 Wedding Anniversary.
Well, let me tell you, what a view . We were on the 16 floor in the Bronx Suite , and the view was fabulous. I had no idea we would be near the top, but a very attentative front desk clerk ( Elizabeth ) , made sure we would not be disappointed...We were not... The entire staff made our visit memorable.. The lounge area ,staffed by (2) young lovely ladies who know how to make a very flavorful drink from South America , and while we did not have a chance to visit their restaurant due to other plans, the smells were fantastic..
If you are looking for a great place to stay, close, but out of Mnahatten, this is it.. A very short 2 block walk to the 39 th street subway , and in 15 minutes + $2.50 ifor the subway fee's , you are at Times Square...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

While we are very thankfully for your kind feedback, we appreciate being a guest of our hotel and allowing our great team to assist you! I'm very fortunate to have such caring staff but very particular when it comes to serving our guests. These are the memories I like to hear about and use as internal communication to show our great team the work they do!

I see you have the train schedule down backed and timed and this is very helpful for our viewers to show the convenience to visit NYC. Once again, thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you back down the road! I understand you have a passion for local cuisine, next the Brazilian Rodizio located in the hotel will certainly give you a nice taste of what Long Island City culture as to offer. All the best and Happy Holidays!!!

Warmest Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I came to NYC on business to assist with the disaster relief efforts due to TS-Sandy.I stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Island City Hotel and all I can say is my two week stay here was excellent. From the day we checked in by Luis and Rambo through the serves at the lobby bar to the cleanliness of my room daily and Danard who checked me out, this experience was amazing. After working 14 hour days, it was great to come back to a clean room and warm environment. Even though I was here on business, I would definitely come back and stay at this establishment for leisure. My only down fall was the restaurant. I ordered some food to go twice and it wasn't anything to clap about. Thank you for making my stay truly enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for being our guest! We appreciate the feedback and the kind mentions of our Staff Members who made your stay more comfortable. We will pass on your feedback to the Restaurant as well. Thank you for assisting our city!! We appreciate all the OEM in Boston did for our fine city. I hope to see you back under different circumstances and wish and your family a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for great support!

Warmest Regards
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

LOCATION: A few subway stops (15 minutes) on the N train from midtown Manhattan to the 39th Ave. station in Long Island City, Queens. Helpful people on the street pointed us to the Holiday Inn just a block away.
FACILITIES: Competent and helpful staff, pleasant, quiet room -- very clean; comfortable bed and pillows; good shower. Excellent TV reception.
Restaurant: tasty breakfast buffet, varied dinner selections.
Computer: available at no cost.
(We did not use the gym or pool.)

SPECIAL THANKS to General Manager Rosario Bianci who oversees an excellent hotel and met with us personally to extend our stay. We had endured the first two days of the hurricane high up in our Manhattan apartment without power: electrictity, heat or water. On the third day, we were lucky to find refuge at the Holiday Inn, which helped us to recover our strength and sanity.

Room Tip: Our 5th floor room looked out at city views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind words and again are thankful to hear you back home and safe. The staff are all to praise who made the extradinary efforts to come into work to see that are guests had the proper service during this very difficult time. We hope we can see you back on different circumstances!! Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful holiday!

Thank you from all f us!
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted a good value hotel for our 4 day visit to New York. This hotel was perfect. It was a 2 minute walk from the subway station. The trains came along every few minutes and the line took us quickly and easily to almost anywhere in Manhattan. We bought a 7 day unlimited ticket for $29 which was great value.

The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room on the 12th floor was quiet, spacious and comfortable. We had a small balcony and a great view of the Manhattan skyline. As a bonus we had a small fridge. The wifi was free, easy to use and relatively fast. Breakfast was extra but reasonably priced and quite good.

Long Island City is not the most attractive of neighbourhoods but it does have a few nice restaurants. At no time did it feel unsafe. We often walked about after dark.

Overall this is a great value hotel which is well placed for visiting NY.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a view of Manhattan
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! Thank you for the great feedback and are thankful that you were able to get home before the storm events which impacted NYC. I will certainly pass your feedback on to the Hotel Associates, they are going to be thrilled to hear. Again, you have explained pretty much everything that describes our property in terms of benefits and the area is very much becoming a destination for travelers. have a happy holiday and great new year! We should hope to see you next visit.

All The Best from All of Us,

Cheers!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location was very convenient; it is literally a walk to subway N and Q. Everything was new and clean. Hall way looked neat. Had pretty good decor; had a good and comforting air of a four star or higher although in a smaller scale. Bathroom had a good shower. I didn't like the soap, shampoo and conditioner situation; perhaps they can improve 'cuz it really doesn't add too much money. We stayed in a king with balcony. It had a good view of the north. Very open. we woke up to the morning with a view. We ate at the Brazilian steak restaurant in the basement. Meat sucked but the salad was awesome. With $20, I thought the bar was great. Wine wasn't that great. I would go for beer if I go back. But overall, I think it is a great value. If I have friends visiting NYC I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JK,

We appreciate the time and feedback during your recent stay with us! Thank you for letting our viewers know the advantages of this location and thank you for dinning with us! We hope to have you back in the future.

Hope you and your family are unscathed from Hurricane Sandy!

Take Great Care!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had really high hopes for this hotel. We picked it because of all the positive reviews and was at a pricepoint we were willing to spend for a 3 day getaway. It wasn't all bad, but unfortunately for me, the bad outweighed the good. The good: awesome view, very short walk to the subway, clean rooms & great water pressure in the shower. Unfortunately that's where it ends. The square pillows half the size of standard pillow were so lumpy and incredibly uncomfortable that I woke up with a headache. I requested a "softer" one which was a little better, but still ridiculously small. That just doesn't make sense. I twas unseasonably warm and was told the air conditioning had already been turned off for the season. I've NEVER been in a hotel room where both A/C and heat were not available. It was very uncomfortable and too warm for my comfort and when I inquired at the front desk about the A/C they told me there was nothing they could do. Both days we had to call and ask for wash cloths because the maid didn't leave any. The second day when we requested them, they brought hand towels from someone whose English was not their first language and when I tried to explain what I really wanted, he brought more towels. I gave up. The Brazilian Steakhouse was less than stellar. The salad bar had minimal selection and the salad dressing was something generic, served in bottles in a bowl of ice on the counter. Seriously? The "hot bar" consisted of overcooked lukewarm pasta, alleged fried shrimp, again, barely lukewarm. They had several bottles (plastic squeeze bottles) on top of the hot bar with something red inside, and when I asked if it was cocktail sauce, they said no, it was ketchup. I then asked for cocktail sauce to which they replied they had none. As I glanced across the hot bar, I really saw nothing that warranted ketchup. They also had fishcakes of some sort but no tartar sauce. There was a "drink stand" of sorts that had a dispenser with sangria in it, and a Coleman cooler with something inside. It looks like someone said "let's open a restaurant tonight" and threw random leftovers from their collective refrigerators on a hot bar and said "let's go!" We didn't have the meat portion of this Brazilian Steakhouse so I can't comment there but don't go there thinking you're getting the quality or service of Texas De Brazil or Fogo De Chao. Denny's could do a better job at pretending to be a Brazilian steakhouse. Unfortunately it's the only restaurant where if you're there after dark that you would feel safe. The area does seem a little dicey but during the day it's fine. I really wanted to give it at least an "average" but the restaurant pushed it over the edge. Very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations! We have taken your feedback and began researching the HVAC concern. The Pillows are Holiday Inn Standard Queen Size and I apologize that we couldn't communicate your request properly. I wasn't aware of this situation and we could have moved your room and found some King Size Pillows to make your stay more comfortable. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further also to get more details on the restaurant as well. I appreciate your time and thank you for staying with us! Please contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com at your earliest.

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!