WE choose this hotel as an alternative to hotel in manhatten.
we are staying with holiday inn for over 35 years , since we
trust holiday inn thus right now we are platinum member
of holiday INN.
For years we booked rooms In manhattan , but this time the
prices of resonable hotels in manhattan sky-rocketed beyond
our means , as seniors leavind on retirements .
we booked at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View with Mixed feeling
however to our surprize we had an extraordinary luck.
we arrived from JFK with a taxi within 30 minutes.
we were welcomed By Mrs Daisy at the reception with a very warm
welcome , and got an upgrade as Platinum members to an outstanding room facing manhatten .
Each morning as we opened our eyes we enjoyed the nice view ,
and the open terrace facing Manhatten .
The way to the subway is street 39 lines n & Q is few minutes away
and we bought a weekly transportation ticket for 29 US$ and travelled in all the new york subways and busses.
within 20 minutes we were at fifth avenue , and 30 minutes to times square . No problems with subways after the manhatten shows.
The room and hotel facilities were very advanced and satisfactory .
I took time to send you this detailed review since I think that the
hotel Is a great alternative to manhatten hotels for 30-40% less
and I asure you that you will get a very warm hospitality from the menager
and all his staff.
I wish luck to the hotel.
shlomo karpeles , senior member platinum level of Holiday Inn
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.