“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Big shout out to Danny Sanchez-Toro and the entire staff at this hotel.Just a wonderful experience and great location for this fine hotel. The location is great located in a residential neighborhood only a 1 and 1/2 block walk to subway train. The views were spectacular from our Staten Island suite on the 16th floor. enjoyed every aspect of this hotel. Only hotel in this area with balconies and best kept secret is the Brazilian Dinner they offer in their dinning room where it is only $20.00 all you can eat and most Brazilian restaurants customarily charge about $50.00 for the same meal.I truly recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your enthusiasm and thank you for being our guest!! Danny and the team will be excited to here from you, I will certainly high-five them! The Restauarnt really adds value as well! We look forward to your next visit with us.....

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Winkel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Holiday Inn in Long Island City is a perfect Hotel for all those who want to be quick in the City but not want to stay there. :-)

The Subway Station 39 Av. is 2 min. away from the hotel, so you can catch the Line N and Q to go to the center. Just perfect!!

The Rooms are also very nice and clean. Perfect for a stay on which you spend anyway the most time outside.

Secret Hint for Breakfast:
In the Corner Bridge Plaza North and 25th St. (also called Crescent St.).
You go few steps in the 25th St. an see the Restaurant on the left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you for your kind feedback! We appreciate the time and details regarding your stay! Next time your in the "City" please let us know I can personally welcome you back. I will pass on your comments the the team and thank you for reviewing! Till the next time...

Appreciatively,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed 2 nights here and have previously stayed at the Verve nearby. We like the L.I. City location since there is some less expensive parking & 15 minutes to Times Square with a 2 minute walk to 39th St Subway.

This is the most modern hotel compared to all of our other previous New York stays (see my reviews from the last 5 years); comparable to Verve nearby but no breakfast included.

We arrived late on arrival at ate at the Brazilian restaurant downstairs which we highly recommend for service & food. We ate breakfast at the spanish diner in front of the subway before going into Manhattan. Great service & prices there

We would come back here but we were lucky to get parking so that is always a challenge.

No problem with the area even if you are concerned with the 'look'.

Room Tip: 1208 had a great view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Welcome back to LIC! We appreciate the feedback and details! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your future visit and appreciate the comments all around. I'm very impressed with your "Top Reviewer" status! 44 cities! Travel Safe and thank you once agian for your time and comments. Till the next time.....!

Warmest Regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The place is really close to the 39 ave. subway station. Line Q and N take you right to the Times Square for as little as 15 minutes.

The staffs are okay and the room is okay, too. We didn't get a room with manhattan view when we checked in, which is okay as they said it's full. When I called the next morning to check whether there are rooms that had become available, the staff told me she would call me later and I haven't heard from her since then.

To sum up, it's a pretty good choice if you take subway to Manhattan.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Sophie,

Thank you for your kind feedback! Sorry we didn't get back to you on the upgrade however this should have been communicated back! We appreciate you highlighting the proximity to NYC and subway. We really a stone throw away. Again, thank you for the staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel. Should you find yourself on the east coast again please contact me directly as I would like to personally afford you the opportunity for a View room!

Kindest Regards,
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 1 and was told our room wasnt ready yet. They gladly held our luggage so we could take the subway into Manhattan. The lady at the desk, her name was Rambo, was very friendly and patient with explaining how the subway system worked. It is approx a 2 block walk to the subway, with a nice "Ny feeling" deli on the corner that served good pizza. We came back at 5ish to check in, and was anziously waiting a shower. The shower had NO hot water, thank goodness it was hot outside and we made do. The upside is the view is amazing! This hotel worked well for one night, then we moved to Times Square to stay.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback! We have staff on 24hrs to handle any plumbing issues but I assume this was handled in a timely fashion! Thank you for staying with us and allowing us the oppotunity to host you for one night before hitting the Big Apple!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good hotel, good location if you take the subway into Manhattan and great rates.
Pool was okay, fitness room was nice. Buffet breakfast was average at best. Brazilian barbecue dinner was quite nice.
Would stay there again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you Mr. Apollo! It was great having you as our guest! Thank you for feedback and hope to see you next time. We appreciate your business and keep traveling!

Most Graciousy,
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I loved this hotel and it's location........with a couple of exceptions.

We check into the hotel at 1:00 pm on our arrival date, a Monday.

We had a long drive and were ready for lunch.
When we asked about the on-site Brazilian Steakhouse, we were told it wasn't open for lunch until the weekend.
We found a local diner for lunch and took the subway to explore Manhattan.
We returned about 3:00pm..hot and looking forward to a swim.
When we asked where the pool was we were told the pool wasn't open until 5:00pm until the weekend.
We then went to our room...which was 84 degrees.
We had set our air conditioning at 70 degrees before we left for Manhattan.
The man at the front desk told us the air conditioning went off automatically if nobody is in the room for a period of time to save energy.

So....We paid $229.00 a night for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday , but had no pool before 5:00pm, no restaurant for lunch and no air conditioning when we came back to our room after three whole days exploring New York City.

I would have gladly paid another $20.00 per day to have a cool room when we got back each day.
It seems this hotel is being run for the benefit and convenience of the employees , not for the comfort, convenience and benefit its customers.
Because of these things, I won't stay in this hotel again nor will I recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and apologize for any inconvenience. As stated in previous reviews the energy program can be manipulated if the guest chooses. I apologize but our Engineering team can program your thermostat to stay on continously. Again we should have alerted our staff to recommend this! The pool hours are published and I apologize again. We hope you found Long Island City very convenient as a location and were able to take advantage all we have to offer. I appreciate your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly in the future for any reservations. Thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!