“Great Value and Accomodation” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39-05 29th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Victoria, Canada
“Great Value and Accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

After many searches and comments read on Tripadvisor we chose to stay from Apr.22 to 28,2012 at this Holiday Inn. We were so happy on arrival after a short taxi ride from LaGuardia Airport to be greeted by friendly, helpful front desk staff who could not do enough for us. Our room was cozy and comfortable, spotlessly clean, bright with a balcony. The subway was a few minutes away and only 6 or so stops to Times Square. Only dissapointment was the dining room with slow service just okay food. However down the street by the Subway Station is Zante Deli with excellent service and food open for breakfast through dinner. We ate there many times during our stay. We highly recommend this hotel for comfort, immaculate, affordable accomodation. We also appreciated it is a non smoking hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor with Balcony not a great view, but quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please allow me thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manhattan View for your recent stay. Its wonderful to hear that guest use this as a tool and not a sounding board! I compliment your research and note I personally take the time to comment on every review. I will certainly let the staff see your wonderful review. I do apologize for your expereince in the restaurant and will share you feedback to see how we can improve in that area. I will address this and so we can deliver the quality service thats expected. Please be sure to contact me directly so I can personally make your future reservation. I thank you again and safe travels where ever the next experience brings you!

Appreciatively,

Rosario Bianchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Before our trip it we had trouble picking a hotel. Although we wanted to stay in the city everything was booked by the time we was ready. I came across the holiday inn it kind of felt "too good to be true" type of deal. As we arrived we was pleased with the cab ride only being 15$. Let alone the MTA being sooo close to hotel. The Front desk was so friendly and accomadating. We asked if we could upgrade but unfortunately there was nothing available. We were told to check back in the morning. We then made our way up to 1003. As we entered our room we were soo pleased we said forget the upgrade!! Our bathroom was beautiful. Although we did not have a view for manhattan we still manage to see some being on the 10th floor. We loved our vacation that we waited sooo much for after our long adventures in the city our cozy bed was waiting for us. Everytime we decide to come back. Holiday inn will be our choice! Thanks for everything.

• Stayed May 2012
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Dyana!

Wonderful to hear your experience and all the accoutrements along with it! It was our pleasure to host you last minute and we look forward to welocming you back in the future. I will be sure to let the entire team know about your experience and how well we continue to provide our guests with the best quality and services Long Island City has to offer! Your cozy bed away from home awaits you, till the next time.......

Warmest Regards,

Rosario Bianchi | Holiday Inn Manhattan View
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great view, clean hotel, great location near the subway with only 4 stops to Central Park and 6 stop to Time Square.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Short and to the point! Thank you for your feedback and hope to have you stay with us next time you travel south of the border!

Merci mon ami "merveilleux"
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Missed my flight out of JFK and Hotwire turned up the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. Property is very clean, staff were tremendously helpful and attentive. It's a new building and everything is very clean and my room was well appointed. View from my 14th floor was stunning. Price was very reasonable too.

(Ate here: http://www.psari-restaurant.com/ - which was a few blocks away - was also superb. Seems pretty close to the subway and this is only a few stops from midtown - if you want access to Manhattan without the prices, this would be a great place to stay)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback to our property page. Its very helpful for travelers who really want to know the nitty gritty of the hotel they're considering staying at. We appreciate the restaurant tip and will have our staff offer it to guests as well. Clean, helpful, attentative are hallmarks here at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View! I will pass on your great feedback and look foward to you coming East another time!

Kindest Regards,

Ranst, belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a perfect start of our honeymoon at the eastcoast.

Very friendly front office staff ( thx joe!) with a lot extra things for my gold pc-status and nice balconny view room.

Rooms are clean and new. The metro station is nearby and we walked to the 5pointz building.

Only small remark was the noisy ice maker, next to our room but we're looking forward to the end ofmay for another 2 nights in this hotel to close our honeymoon!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind feedback regardng your recent stay at our property! I will pass on your kind words to Joe! Joe is a valuable member of this team and really gets to know our guests. Congratulations again and we will see you on the second leg of your trip. We're looking forward to welocming you back, your room is ready minus the ice machine.

See you next week!

Warmest Regards,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is in great condition. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is friendly and ready to help. The location is good, 3 blocks for the subway. In 10 minutes you are in Central Park.

The price for New York is excellent. I will come back. The restaurant is just OK, but in New York who eats at the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and highlights during your stay in NYC! Great that you used the trains to get to your destinations as they're very close and convenient. Safe Travels and thank you again for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View!

Kindest Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I spent few days/nights in Long Island City to visit a customer.

First time that I was staying at a Holiday Inn!

The Room
The room was a King size bed room with a balcony with "view" on Manhattan. Very clean, spacious.

The Location
The hotel is located a block away from a subway station with direct access to Manhattan (trains N and Q), in about 15-20 minutes. Very convenient to eat in the city. I am not aware of any good restaurant in the direct neighborhood.

Pleasantly surprised by:
- The great front desk service

Unimpressed by:
- The Internet connection, too slow for business users.
- The restaurant attached to the hotel. It's not necessary good, and breakfast is pricey (USD17 for a tiny buffet breakfast).
- Malfunctioning ATM in the downstairs area (annoying when the cab does not have a working credit card machine, and you have no cash, and you stayed awake for 24+ hours)

Although I spent good nights there, and location is excellent, I will think twice before coming there again just because of the Internet slowness.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you spent with us this past week and providing the necessary details that make a great hotel. We will look into the internet service immediately. We're delighted to have you comment on location as this is a very convenient for business travelers having to pop into NYC especially. I know we have some work to do however we have made some impressions and look forward to welcoming you in the future. If I can asssit with answering some of the questions during this stay for your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at 718-707-3700 or rbianchi@himanview.com. Thank you for your time and continue to travel safely where ever your next stop takes you!

Appreciatively,

Rosario Bianchi

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!