“Great for the price!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Great for the price!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We found this hotel last minute for only $112 per night! The room was cozy and comfortable, the bathroom was glistening clean, and the view (from the 15th floor) was incredible. The package we got also included a complimentary breakfast each morning. For breakfast you can either eat buffet style or order from the menu (Hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc). The location is also only about a 2 minute walk from the subway and only about 5 stops to Times Square! The parking situation is a bit misleading, but there were spots on the street for free after 7pm. We got a parking pass for the lot for our second day there. The fitness center and pool are small, so if you are looking for a full size gym or an Olympic size pool, this is not the place, but again, for the price, the amenities were great! The café/bar downstairs is small, but nice and they serve pretty much any drink you can dream up. The waiter/bartender is also very kind and accommodating. Overall, I thought the hotel was pretty impressive. I plan to stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback and glistening review! We truly have a stellar Housekeeping Department I'm truly lucky to work with. The Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a indeed a great place with great people who care about your stay and has everything you need. Location as you mentioned is great and convenient and I'm delighted you had the opportunity to venture into our fine city wether driving or mass transporation. We hopre to see you again down from Weymouth, MA soon. Thank you for your time and thank you for being our guest.

Yours Truly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Merrimack, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I just stayed here for a week. I am a Platinum member. I chose this Hotel because of the location to the client I was visiting was only 1/2 mile away. Also because of the reviews and room pictures. Well to my surprise I was given a room that looked into the building next door, pillows were small and uncomfortable and the room had dirty carpets and stained furniture. Like one other reviewer stated, there are no restuarnts close by and I had to eat in the Hotel. The service was extremely slow and understaffed. I had a steak the first night and asked for it medium rare...got it well done and on my last night, I got a burger and asked for it medium well and got it raw. How hard is it to get a meal right. I will be visiting this client again and the next I will try the new Four Seasons down the street.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review! I appreciate the feedback and hoped we had an opportunity to discuss your challenges during or before your departure. We have a capable management team to correct any of your concerns 24/7. While the Team and I were researching this, we felt as if you were not afforded the true hospitality experience of the HI Manhattan View has to lived up to. For this I apollogize! Long Island City has many things to offer, that does require a short ride or 10 minute walk, such as great restaurants and museums. If I can assist you in the future please feel free to contact me directly at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700 since your just down the street I look forward to seeing you and regaining your confidence possibly! Thank you for again for staying with us.
West Chester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I chose this hotel because they promised self-parking. After a tough drive to get there, and after checking-in, I asked for a parking pass. That's when the bait & switch started: "I'm sorry, but our parking is reserved.". There were no places for me, a Gold Priority member. They sent me to a near-by lot where I had to give my keys to a stranger. The lot closed at 6:45 PM, and didn't open again for 12 hours.

Room was nice, and the neighborhood quiet. Sadly there were no restaurants near, so I was stuck at the Holiday Inn restaurant. Fast food would have been better; the food was bad.

I've learned that I can't even trust the Holiday Inn in NYC.

Room Tip: Don't drive here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate the time and response as we continue to build stronger relationships with our guests. I apologize that no parking spaces were available at the time of your arrival and we shouldn't have promised anything. The property can only accommodate 12 on a first come for serve basis. I can assure you this wasn't a Bait & Switch. The property offers 2 locations close in proximity but one that does have limited hours. I would like to some additional details regarding in your dining experience as well if you have the opportunity to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700. I appreciate the room comments! L.I.C. area continues to grow and develop. We can offer you some alternatives next time that are within 10-15 minute walking distance that will really give you a better understanding of the area. Again, thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest, I would like the opportunity to speak to you further as our commitment to every guest is that their stay is "10"!

Sincerely
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The price was right, the location near a subway was excellent. I took my brother and nephew to visit NYC and had a blast. I wasn't sure how to take the subway and learned it for real since a taxi cap to this hotel from 28th street ended costing me $33 dollars. The next day bought a $10 subway for each of us and we went to 4 different places with 8 to 9 transfers.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a balcony since your view won't be the Manhattan than another building next to...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We delighted you and your family had a blast in NYC!! It's better when you receive a deal and know your way around the city? Thank you for your feedback and kind review regarding our property! Next time please request a higher floor as the views from any angle are beautiful in Long Island CIty. We appreciate you spending time with us and look forward to your next visit to NYC. Thanks again!

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

My co worker and I went to manhattan for a weekend trip and found a rate for 114 a night. The staff was very friendly and polite and the room was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and the pictures!!! I must say that a city view is a little better however you panaromas of the other Queens County views are also stunning. Thank you for the kind feedback and now I know what you look like (as a child in your profile picture) I will definitely make it a point to say hello on your return to us! Have a great year!

Warmest Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I'm a Travel Agent and can be picky - Holiday Inn to me says cheap business type hotel and thats about it but boy I was wrong!

I sell NYC all the time and was really struggling with where to stay - firstly as it was an unplanned stop over onroute to Miami so we hadn't budgeted for it and secondly because my son is Autistic and can struggle with new places/surroundings!

Manhattan was completely out of our price range - even the grotty 2*s past Central Park and I wasn't sure my son would cope in the more central parts of Manhattan even if I could afford it!
This hotel was suggested to me by a travel forum member I use a lot for work and I am so glad I stayed here! It isn't the usual tourist hotel and is prettu businessy at first but it was immaculate visually and actually the cleanest hotel I have stayed in in a long time.

The rooms were adequate enough for 4 of us and were very comfortable and clean - more coffee and milk would have been better though! Our View more than made up for it as I fell asleep looking at the Empire State Building glowing up!

The staff were lovely (the reception staff weren't overly talkative but thats normal in business hotels but they were very efficient) The staff in the restaurant were lovely and nothing was too much bother at all - extra milk or coffee for our room was fine to take with us.

The lady in the Gym was also lovely and my son and his friend thought she was wonderful - I actually felt sorry for her as they were the only 2 down there each night so she could have relxed if they hadn't been ithering her!

The location of this hotel was amazing - 2 minutes from the station that takes you to Manhattan in 3 stops and in less than 10 minutes.

I loved the area - proper New York like you see in the films, not touristy churned out crap like you get elsewhere - the neighbourhood had character: a little Polish shop/Deli (I think) across the street and a Greek diner near the station - I would have loved to have spent more time exploring this area (I always felt safe, even on returning to the hotel late at night)- as I always do when I'm away - I hate touristy areas but NYC is that type of holiday!

On viewing Times Square I am glad that we couldn't afford to stay there - it was awful! We were hounded the whole time we were there and everything was tacky and overpriced - I'm glad we've done it but I doubt I'll be returning in a hurry.

If I ever need a stop over again I will be visiting again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Mickey,

Thank you for taking the time to summirize your recent visit with us! Travel Agents such as yourself should be very particular about their experience and I thank you for the details in this review. I'm delighted that you found the room and services up to your standards. The convenience to NYC is key! I will continue to boast that I'm very luck to have such an efficient and wonderful team who care about our hotel and its guests! Should the Holiday Inn Manhattan View be of any assistance to you or your clients please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manhattan View and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future!

Cheers!!

Warmest Regards,

Rosario Bianchi
Hillcrest, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was our first visit to New York. We chose to stay at this hotel solely based on what we found on the internet, reading the reviews of other hotel guests we found on Tripadvisor. We had no knowledge what so ever of New York, of Long Island or the nearest subway location.
Would we stay at this hotel again? Yes, absolutely! We were sort of "prepared" as to what to expect from reading other reviews, but we were still pleasantly surprised with our stay. The main thing we enjoyed was the hotel's excellent location to the nearest subway (31st Street) - a short walk down the road, giving us an easy and convenient way to get into Manhattan. Six stops and we were in Times Square, 3 or 4 stops to Central Park. We bought a one week travel pass at the 31st Street station for $29 and certainly got our money's worth with all the travelling we did. The hotel gave us a New York City and Subway map on check in. The N train goes straight through Manhattan and into Brooklyn, and finally on to Coney Island. As an alternative, the Queensboro Plaza subway is also a short 10 min walk away from the hotel. So the hotel's location was perfect for us...
We arrived at the hotel early (9 am) after a long & tiring 16+ hour flight from South Africa, and were delighted to be booked into our room straight away! We found the staff courteous, friendly & helpful at all times. Our Queen room (1402, with view + balcony) was perfect: large windows with superb views, spotlessly clean, bathroom spotless and the bed SO comfortable! I loved the complimentary toiletries, the coffee machine (coffee, creamer & sugar supplied each day). There was a small bar fridge in our room which we stocked with fresh milk, juice, yogurt and other goodies. We couldn't have wished for more to make our stay at this hotel more comfortable.
To be fair though I must mention was one tiny blip - and that was Christmas Day Dinner. We had booked and were looking forward to it but this was cancelled due to a "kitchen malfunction". I wish we had been told about this cancellation in good time as we spent the day in the city and looked forward to a nice relaxing dinner at the hotel. We went downstairs all dressed up for dinner and found a notice on the restaurant door, the restaurant was closed and in darkness. We were directed to the bar lounge instead (with not a Christmas decoration in sight so no ambience). We ended up eating a burger and felt let down as this was a special day for us, Christmas day. Never mind, things do happen in life and we will not hold this against our stay at the hotel.
The receptionist booked us a car (taxi) to get us back to JFK ($40 excl tip) and the car was ready and waiting for us right on time.
Would we stay at this hotel again should we ever be lucky enough to return to New York - Yes, we certainly would. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Suberb views of Manhattan from the "upper floors"
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Hillcrest!

Thank you soo much for your recent review! We appreciate the details highlighting the features and amenties. We're very sorry that the Restraunt had a malfunction however we would like to make it up to you! Please contact me directly at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700. A thousand thank you's andwe appreciate your time to put this together for us! We look forward to having you back hopefully before the holidays but I ensure we'll make this one a perfect 10!

All the best!