“Fabulous Rates & Phenomenal View” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Fabulous Rates & Phenomenal View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is right on a subway stop making it super convenient to get into the city. Our room was very clean, the staff was friendly. And we got a room with a glass front and private balcony for way less than a room in the city. I would def stay here again. Where else can you get a sweeping view of Manhattan while lying in your bed!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a glass front with a balcony! Worth it~!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We hoped you enjoyed your time with us! It looks like you took in the sights without having to leave your room. This is just one of the great features the Holiday Inn Manhattan View has to offer! Our associates will just love to hear the kind feedback and please ensure you keep in touch. We would be delighted to have you back with us in the future! All the best to you and please bring us some of that Southern weather soon!!

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had a 12th floor room which was fine. Got a bargain rate from priceline. Had one dinner after my late arrival which was quite good.

The N subway stop is 2 short blocks away, and with my Senior MTA card, I probably spent 4 hours a day on the trains.

I would agree. Why pay for Manhattan hotels?

That said, we did spend 3 nights at 102 Brownstone (a B & B in Harlem in late July) - great fun there, and a block and a half from the subway.

Room Tip: Higher floors with views of Manhattan are best.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback! I appreciate that you remembered us after some time and hopefully we can welcome you back this April? I will pass on the kind remarks to our associates. Should you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a great new year and thank you again! Gracias!!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant after booking the hotel add I feared it was out of the way. How wrong was I! 3 minute walk to the subway and in 12 minutes you are in Times Square! Hotel was excellent, great rooms, fantastic food and great staff. 10/10

• Stayed May 2011
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I don't want to count how many times I have to answer this question on a daily basis with all of my wonderful visitors. I'm delighted that you found this location most convenient and I'm impressed with the detail minute information you provided! I would like to use it in our marketing campaigns?

I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comments about the Food, Rooms and Staff! I cannot be more thrilled to have a great team! Till the next time we can be of service, have a wonderful New Year! Thank you for staying with us!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Manhattan View Holiday Inn is really good value for money. The staff are really helpful and friendly especially Jenny on reception. The Manager Rosario goes out of his way to offer excellent customer service. We stayed there the 1st to the 6th December 2011, this was my 4th trip to New York and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is clean, the breakfast was good we ate there one night and was really pleasantly surprised by the bar food. The burger and fries was enormous and delicious, good value for $12.00. The subway is a couple of minutes walk away and we felt totally safe in the area. Just a couple of stops into Manhattan makes this hotel one of the best to stay in because you really do get more for your money and a spectacular view..To be honest Manhattan is very busy this time of year and I was glad to be staying just across the river.The hotel is JFK side so was $45.00 to get to the airport. Try Zantes the Greek deli for the best bagel, it is 2 minutes walk away next to the subway station.Well done Rosario you are doing a great job and would totally recommend this hotel to friends, family and business colleagues.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a suite with a Manhattan View if you can afford it, totally worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year! Thank you for your kind feedback and detail of service and products the Holiday Inn Manhattan View offers! I will be sure to pass on the comments and its was a pleasure to have you as our guest! Till the next time, you can always rely on us for your retreats to the states. Have a wonderful New Year!

Cheers!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We chose to stay here and save some money over staying in Manhattan proper, because the hotel stated it was right on the subway line and a cab ride from the airport is around $15. Both of these statements are true, but misleading. The cab ride from the airport was just over $15 (before tip), but they don't tell you it will cost 40% more to get back to the airport. The hotel will either take you in a car, or hail a cab from their buddies around the corner - either option is $25, a full 40% more than the ride from the airport to the hotel. Further, the hotel is within a couple blocks of the 39th Ave. subway station, but what they don't tell you is that the trains that service this station don't necessarily run at useful times. After taking in a show on a weekend night, we waited 40 minutes for a subway train going back out to Queens. The next day, we went to hop a train back to Manhattan, only to find that there were no Manhattan bound trains from that station. We had to go four or five stops in the opposite direction, hop a different train and come back - wasting over 30 minutes in the process. The hotel advertises a pool, but it's so small (10' x 17') that a posted sign indicates it accommodates a maximum of 12 people - and it was closed the one time I tried to visit it anyway. Additionally. . .
The linens were in worse shape than the typical Motel 6 (see photo), the pillows were the worst I think I've ever experienced at any hotel, the freezer in the mini fridge couldn't manage to freeze my reusable ice pack, there was no bath tub, the temperature in the room was constantly increasing, and no matter how many times we turned the thermostat "off," it just kept turning back on and cranking the temperature to 74 or 75 degrees, even with the thermostat set to 68. And the restaurant - oh, where to begin. It's barely open any useful hours (dinner is only 600-930), the service is slow (we were seated at 630, promptly ordered, and didn't receive our food until after 7:30) to non-existent (didn't refill our glasses once, despite there being only three other tables with guests in the entire place), and the food was horrible. We ordered a chocolate souffle cake (with a molten center) for dessert, and it was so cold when it arrived, the ice cream on top didn't melt and the molten center wasn't molten.
Further, upon check-in, we were told that, because we'd booked through a third party (Expedia) we would not receive our Priority Club points, despite the fact that this has never been an issue before, nor was it mentioned on their either Expedia's or the hotel's website.

In short, to paraphrase another reviewer, it's not the Holiday Inn you'd expect. Unless you have business in Queens, if you have the means, spend the extra money and stay in Manhattan. If you have to stay in Queens, don't stay here if you have another choice; you won't get what you're expecting.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback and time allowing me to research your experience at our property. The Management Team and I want to apologize for not having an opportunity to discuss your experience in person.
The subway termainal can alternate schedules from time to time and this usually goes for weekend service in NYC. Something that is unavoidable unfortunately. The yellow taxis are only majorly accessible at airports and city centers. We do not have the luxury of taxis being at the ready in this section of NYC nor can we contact them. The first option is to arrange transportion with our preferred service that is just one block away which is both convenient to our guests and efficient.
Our pool is small, and has a small capacity. I apologize that it wasnt available at the time during your stay. The heating in the room could have been adjusted manaually by one of Engineers. I apologize again about the service in the restaurant and would be delighted to adjust off the charge upon contacting me. The frayed bath mat in your picture is valuable, thank you! This is a first encounter at this property and I will ensure our quality is up to standard. Lastly, Priorty Club Rewards, as with every hotel chain rewards program, doesn't extend rewards when booking through a third party. We prefer you contact IHG directly as you receive the Best Rate Guarantee and all the benefits that go with being a rewards member. This would have been explained if you chose at the the time of booking to apply your PCR number.
Our goal is for our guests to depart knowing their stay is perfect 10! As I mentioned earlier, my team and I were available and ready to have made your stay more enjoyable should you have mentioned some of these concerns at that time. You can see from previous posts that the staff here are helpful, freindly, and always willing to assist. The hotel is a perfect location and convenient to NYC. I would be appreciative if you could contact me directly at 718-707-3700 or rbianchi@himanview.com as I would like to obtain more specific details about your stay. I apologize again and thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Its located in the heart of LIC, minutes away from midtown. You can ride the 7 train all the way to Flushing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Jimmy,

Thanks for being a Senior Contributor on Trip Advisor as users can come to trust the sources of information being displayed from you! Thanks for the feedback and please come back to the neighborhood sometime to visit us. Have a happy and healthy New Year......

Most Gracious!
hotels234
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I reserved a room and had to cancel it last minute. I cancelled it 1 hour after the allotted cancellation period -- 7pm day before instead of 6pm (yes my fault), then a few weeks later I saw a charge on my credit card. My issue was that I cancelled using my "Priority Club App," and was allowed to do so without any flag or message saying cancelling after "cancellation period." It permitted me to cancel the reservation, leading me to believe I wouldn't be charged. In most cases for a platinum member, even after the cancellation period, I've been granted a courtesy cancel, or refund of my "no show" charge. I was surprised when the hotel refused my request

During another stay at this hotel I experienced l the rooms were nice and well appointed. Although the front desk agent was a bit cold towards us when we checked in late (3 AM). The area is a bit sketchy. We did not use any of the other services at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear ,

Thank you for your feedback! After careful research, the Holiday Inn Manhatan view recongnized that you booked your reservation through IAHI. According to the IAHI Guidelines, your cancellation through your phone application would have disclaimed the cancellation policy. There is also a number to contact a reservation representative as well. I apologize if you had not reviewed this upon making your reservation. Also, being a Platinum Member is a reward for being a member of this very important organization automatically. I would have suggetsted to offer you reward points for future stays. However, given the opportunity to discuss this at my discretion, we may have resolved this amicably.

If you would like to discuss this and your expereince upon arrival more in detail please contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700. I appreciate your time and look forward to speaking with you. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!