We went for a long-weekend romantic getaway, and when budget concerns ruled Manhattan out, we stayed here. For our purposes it was more than adequate. The rooms are small, yes, but for a couple the room with king-size bed was a nice snug nest. An in-room refrigerator and coffee-maker made staying in pleasant, while stepping out was a breeze: the whole city is within reach via an easy 2-block walk west to a subway line that connects to Grand Central Station. Two convenience stores and a pizza parlor are around the corner; other quick-bite options are nearby. The hotel is fairly new, and the room furnishings and appointments likewise. A complimentary continental breakfast (coffee, various danishes) is offered. Free in-room wi-fi is available, and for those flying out, free internet access (located in the breakfast nook) makes printing a boarding pass easy. A fitness center is available. The hotel has both smoking and non-smoking rooms. There is free parking, but there are only 16 spaces, so don't count on it. The hotel is located on the corner of Thomson and Queens Boulevard. An advance-purchase reservation offers very good value. Overall we were quite pleased and would happily return.
But it wasn't perfect. Water pressure in both the faucet and shower was meager; this is likely beyond the hotel's control. Guest service is somewhat spotty: housekeeping twice neglected to replenish our in-room coffee. The hotel has no restaurant on-site. Noise was not a problem for us, but the other side of the hotel does face the elevated train tracks, and some reviews have complained of that. Still, for the value, comfort, and convenience of the location, we can recommend this hotel for others seeking an affordable alternative to Manhattan.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Days Inn Long Island City Hotel
- Long Island City Days Inn
- Days Inn Long Island City New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.