“Great value, nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Great value, nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was a great property located conveniently between two subway stations. It is just about 1 1/2 blocks from the 7 train, which will get you pretty much anywhere you need to go. We were not he 4th floor. The hotel was very quiet and clean. However, I could see how the 1st floor rooms could be very loud as there is a public toilet, exercise room and breakfast area there. The ice machine is in the basement area. I went down there once for ice and thought that it looked a bit depressing. Laundry was piled around and other equipment was in the hall, but it was clean nonetheless.
We were lucky and were able to get a parking spot. However, most of the time the lot was very full and I would recommend expecting a full lot. There is a parking garage just behind the hotel with an entrance beside the 7-11 store. The breakfast area was very small, but we were able to have a seat every day. There was toast, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, croissants, etc. Not a huge selections, but sufficient. The muffins looked like they were from a local bakery and were very good. As far as the room is concerned, yes, it is very small, but that is to be expected in NYC. It looked recently updated, was clean and very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was excellent and serviced the room efficiently. Our room was on same side of the train and it is true, the train is right outside your window. However, we did not find that it was too loud and it did not keep us awake at night. It was like a rumble of thunder every few minutes. That is all. The area immediately surrounding the neighborhood is not residential and only has a few dining options (diner a and a deli right up the street) and they are only open for lunch. I took a few runs out into the residential areas and felt very safe the whole time. Queens Blvd. is very busy and I felt like it was very safe in the area. Some people talk about having to cross the "spooky bridge" to get to one on the subway stations. It is NOT spooky. It is just a normal bridge with a train above. Many people are walking on it at any given point in time. Overall, the Days Inn Long Island City met or exceeded our expectations. It was in a great location just a few Subway stops from Manhattan. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask them for the 2nd floor or above.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Albany, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I first walked in and the front desk serice was not friendly. We were then given our key to our room in the basement right next to the cleaning room where they kept all the towls. The room was small and felt like I was in a closest. The breakfast was not good, you are better off getting something in a gas station. It was walking distance to the train station and this was the only good thing about the hotel. It was cheap to stay at, we had booked two nights at this hotel as we were making our way to another destination during our long Memorial weekend. We would have booked somewhere else but everywhere was booked. I will never come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from my first trip to NYC. Stayed at this hotel because of the location to the subway and the price. Staying in Manhattan is expensive. The staff here were nice and very helpful when I needed something. My room was clean and bed actually slept very well. There is a 7-11 next door to pickup drinks and such but you are going to have to hop on the subway to go find something to eat. If I were to go back to NYC, I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
bodalrah, General Manager at Days Inn Long Island City, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

Kind Regards,
Management
Rochester, NY USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

NASTY! READ MY WHOLE REVIEW---AND THEN STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! My daughter and I booked it blind on HOTWIRE because we got it for $95. For only one night I thought it would be fine. It is close to train and trust me I wasn't expecting much! The room ended up being a smoking room and they said that whoever I spoke too did not write it up and they were booked. Parking-only a few spots so I had to park on the street...which was better than the vacant gas station they told me to park at with broken glass everywhere. Breakfast was nothing impressive. But besides having staff that were not helpful.....the room had stained carpets, splattered walls-blood?? And the stained dirty sheets had hair all over them-YUCK! I had to get a set of new sheets and make it myself! The safe in the room (HAHA)...sitting on top of a cheep wooden cupboard-and not even nailed down (not putting anything in there!) The door to our room is not hung straight and there was a big gap-grateful there was not a fire! Oh, and lets not forget the lady saying goodnight to her gentleman friend in the hallway at 3 am! So freaked out!
HOTWIRE also has the address wrong...and don't try calling the front desk of the hotel while you are driving around lost-they will pick up receiver and hang up! (5 times)
STAY AWAY! Room 612 (also overlooks the trains) 6/28/2014

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. No matter how much you complain staff wont help you!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bodalrah, General Manager at Days Inn Long Island City, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations for service and accommodations at our property. Rest assured we take your comments very seriously and will see to it that those concerns are addressed. Please know that this is not of the norm, and it seems we dropped the ball somewhere. Again, thank you for your comments as we use them as a tool to better improve our hotel. We hope you will return to see us the next time you are in the city so we may better demonstrate the quality hotel stay you expect and deserve.

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!