“Good for short business trips and travelling single” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 - 36 Queens Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I booked a double non-smoking room at this hotel for two gentlemen who are part of an organization I volunteer with, as they were attending a conference nearby. When they arrived and the front desk staff realized they were black, they put them into a room in the basement that wreaked of smoke. When they asked to be moved because of this odor, they were told all double rooms were full and they could not be moved. When I called the hotel to inquire, I started by asking the woman who answered the hone if they had double non-smoking rooms available for that night. (Note, I am white and definitely sound white on the phone.) The woman told me they had open double rooms and quoted me a price. I then asked if I could book one of those rooms and have the gentlemen moved from the room they were in and she immediately handed the phone to the manager. The manager proceeded to tell me they had no open double rooms and insisted that the room they were in was a non-smoking room and he could not move them. They checked out and found a cleaner, nicer room at another hotel for only $30 more per night (and cheaper than the price quoted to me on the phone by the front desk when they supposedly had available rooms at the Days Inn). This place is probably fine if you aren't black or some other minority that the management doesn't care for, but why would you want to stay at a hotel that still believes in Jim Crow laws?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
bodalrah, General Manager at Days Inn Long Island City, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations for service and accommodations at our property. Rest assured I take your comments very seriously and will see to it that those concerns are addressed. Please know that this is not of the norm, and it seems we dropped the ball somewhere. Again, thank you for your comments as I use them as a tool to better improve our hotel. We hope you will return to see us the next time you are in the city so we may better demonstrate the quality hotel stay you expect and deserve.

Regards,
Management
Mastic, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The customer service of this hotel is horrible. They are listed as having parking and only have about 20 spots for the whole hotel. There is not parking anywhere near it at night, the parking garage that is close by only operates during the day. The rooms are small. My sheets were stained. I would never chose to go here again. Steer clear.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
bodalrah, General Manager at Days Inn Long Island City, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello Rebecca G,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We really apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

We would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. We will look into each issue that you have noted. And, we will pay closer attention to this particular situation to resolve it.

We hope to see you again at the hotel as we are improving our service and standards every day. Please excuse us this time as we were lacking in attention and I promise we will take better care of our guests here on now. Thank you again for your comments.
Long Island Cit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a genuinely filthy hotel. Upon check in, the room was terribly dirty. Coffee Pot stained for all 6 nights despite constant complaints to the reception. Corridor was a rubbish dump. Everything is a mess. Moreover, when i asked to store my suitcase upon check out, they refused, my only option was to take a room for 2 hours for 50 USD!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hello Emad A,

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!