We visit NYC frequently and usually stay at moderately priced hotels. But even rooms I can find "deals" on usually start at $200 (when you add in the taxes, etc) and parking overnight is at least another $30-40. This trip we had already spent a fortune on concert tickets and decided to try staying in Queens and taking the subway in.
We were pleased with how this plan worked out. The Days Inn LIC is a 15 min. subway ride to Grand Central Station. The hotel offers very clean rooms, pleasant front desk staff and feels safe enough. The rooms are small but have everything you need and are not at all worn out looking. A parking lot next store charge only $25 for 24 hours.The walk to the subway stations (10-15 mins in one direction for the "E" train, same in the other direction for the "7" train) adds a bit more time on your commute to the city but it's not bad if the weather is cooperating.
We were able to save about 30 -40% on the costs of our trip by doing it this way. At the moment, that matters! While I love staying right in the city, this hotel will be our new "go to" when we need to economize.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Days Inn Long Island City Hotel
- Long Island City Days Inn
- Days Inn Long Island City New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.