“Clean, sometimes noisy (if rooms are near the subway...” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 - 36 Queens Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Room was not ready until 1530 on day of arrival. Then given a smoking room on the 6 th floor which stank and we had specifically booked a non smoking room. Room was changed to a room in the basement which smelt of damp. It was not overly clean and quite small by US hotel standards. Cabinet was dusty on top, hairs in the bath, drawers in chest of drawers broken. Carpet needed vacuuming. Blanket had cigarette burns in it. Room was adjacent to ice machine outside. Breakfast was very basic but only 7 tables for whole hotel so frequently had to wait or share tables. The raised subway track is right outside the hotel so some noise from that and the busy road outside. Easy access to the city and JFK via the 7 or E subway lines. Probably wouldn't stay again though as there are better hotels for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Not on 6 th floor or basement or overlooking subway line.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Room was very small. space barely to walk. Although in pictures the room would look very big. Key to the room did not work several times.. Lobby was not clean, filled with laundry packets when we entered and stayed there until the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Usually when I visit NYC, I stay in the La Quinta Long Island City (which is about 5 blocks from this hotel). However, the Days Inn was having a promotion so I decided to give it a try. First of all, I had a difficult time figuring out how to get to the hotel. It's at a very peculiar spot at the intersection of a few busy roads and one wrong turn can put you on the Queensboro Bridge to Manhattan. Upon checking into my room, there was no TV remote, but one was quickly brought to me. I was already regretting choosing the hotel, but I was actually quite satisfied with the rest of my stay. I can't really complain about anything that happened after they brought me the remote, though it should be noted that my room was beyond tiny. Easily the smallest room I've ever seen in my life. I was alone, so it didn't really cause an inconvenience. That being said, I'd probably stay in the La Quinta next time, but in reality this is a fairly decent hotel considering the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of proximity to subway. It is close to 7 line but they put us in a tiny room in the basement ! When we checked out we asked if they could store our two small bags while we spent time in city before flight. They said no and then told us about luggage lockers in Manhattan. The address and phone # were wrong. We spent almost 2 hours trying to find this place to store our luggage. I have been to NYC many times and have never had a hotel refuse to store our luggage for a few hours. Will not stay there again

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!