“Not the best in the neighborhood, but the price was right.” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 - 36 Queens Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Montreal
“Not the best in the neighborhood, but the price was right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Usually when I visit NYC, I stay in the La Quinta Long Island City (which is about 5 blocks from this hotel). However, the Days Inn was having a promotion so I decided to give it a try. First of all, I had a difficult time figuring out how to get to the hotel. It's at a very peculiar spot at the intersection of a few busy roads and one wrong turn can put you on the Queensboro Bridge to Manhattan. Upon checking into my room, there was no TV remote, but one was quickly brought to me. I was already regretting choosing the hotel, but I was actually quite satisfied with the rest of my stay. I can't really complain about anything that happened after they brought me the remote, though it should be noted that my room was beyond tiny. Easily the smallest room I've ever seen in my life. I was alone, so it didn't really cause an inconvenience. That being said, I'd probably stay in the La Quinta next time, but in reality this is a fairly decent hotel considering the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of proximity to subway. It is close to 7 line but they put us in a tiny room in the basement ! When we checked out we asked if they could store our two small bags while we spent time in city before flight. They said no and then told us about luggage lockers in Manhattan. The address and phone # were wrong. We spent almost 2 hours trying to find this place to store our luggage. I have been to NYC many times and have never had a hotel refuse to store our luggage for a few hours. Will not stay there again

• Stayed September 2013
West Olive
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I guess they were trying to greet me with a cool room, but it must have been fifty degrees and I never warmed up til I got up and took a hot hot bath at six in the morning

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 3 nights on a trip to NYC. It is nothing fancy, but it served its purpose. It's a clean hotel but the rooms are very small. We had a king size bed but there was not much room to walk around at all. The bathroom was clean, but would get extremely hot with the door closed. This hotel has 6 floors with 12 rooms on each floor, with only 1 elevator. During the day during the busiest hours we did a lot of waiting for the elevator, and sometimes it would seem to get confused. We stayed on the 5th floor and we would be on our way down to the lobby and the elevator would stop, then go back up because someone on another floor hit the down button. The elevator moved slow as molasses on top of that. It got to the point where we just started using the stairs. Although this hotel is not in Manhattan, it is two blocks away from the subway station on 33rd St, and it's a quick 10 minute ride, if that, to Times Square. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and happy to answer our questions when we needed something, but the maid service was below average to say the least. All they did was make our bed and hang our old towels back up. They didn't take any trash out of the room at all, and if you're not out of the room by 11 am they don't even come in. This is why I gave the service for this hotel an average rating even though we were very happy with the way we were treated by the people at the front desk. The continental breakfast was awful. All they had were scrambled egg patties, cereal, oatmeal, oranges and apples, and donuts if you got there early enough, no bacon or any other breakfast meats either. Even though they say breakfast is from 6-10, they start putting every thing away at 9:30. If you really want the continental breakfast I would recommend getting there not much later than 9:00. The subway ran right next to the side of the hotel we stayed in, and you can hear the trains flying past all night long. It didn't bother us at all though. We just cranked up the fan on the AC and it drowned out most of the noise from the subway and the street below. If the noise is an issue for you it would probably be a good idea to request a room on the opposite side of the subway. Like I said, this hotel is far from fancy, but it got the job done. It's basically your typical budget hotel. Oh, another word of advice I almost forgot. This hotel only has an 8 car parking lot, (parking is free) so if you do get one of the spaces DO NOT move your car from it for your entire stay or you WILL lose it and have to park down the street or up by the subway station on 33rd St. Take the subway! You can get anywhere you need to go on the NYC subway sustem.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!