“Affordable stay in good location.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Syracuse
“Affordable stay in good location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Glad I read previous reviews, as I did end up with the room in the basement. Luckily I took a chance on the hotel anyway. It turned out to be a good couple of days stay. Pleasant staff, nice touch of refreshments in the lobby on a hot day. Small breakfast area can be solved by taking your food to your room. My main concern in cleanliness and no bugs, and that was met. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Minnetonka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The receptionist (Mody) of your franchise at long island city (31-36 Queen's blvd, long island city), was just terrible. With very poor listening skills, extremely rudely behaved and just unprofessional.

Couple of examples:

1. The rooms we saw were advertised as one's with Microwave available, but this was not the case, as the Microwave was available only in the common breakfast area.
2. We had booked a double room and we were six people(4 adults and 2 children). Our impression was that we'll have two rooms, to our surprise we found that the rooms had two queen bed. When we checked with the receptionist about our predicament, he not only rubbished our pre-sumptions but also didn't listen to the feedback that we'd had to provide. I understand that our understanding was different from what was offered, and we could have been wrong, however it would have made a difference if the receptionist 'listened' to our thoughts and calmed our anxiety by offering a solution. What he did was totally 'reactionary', 'demonstrate unprofessional attitude and behavior, by constantly interrupting when we were speaking', when we booked a second room, and the confirmation was not received by the franchisee, he not only made me call the toll free number but also took my phone and started speaking with the representative, as a customer what I'd have liked was for him to make a call from his business phone and resolve the delay, this was totally unacceptable'.

3. I had to look for some creamer and was looking into the fridge, he not only shouted at me telling 'hello hello', and motioned with his hands that I should not be taking anything from the fridge, rather than meeting me personally and addressing me with courtesy and letting me know that he could help. This wast so crass, and I almost lost my temper at him, but remained quiet as there were other guests.

4. The rooms were crazily cramped with little or not space to move around the room.

5. The price I paid was $129/night for a king size bed room, and I would have got the same for a better deal at Holiday Inn near the LaGuardia airport.

Overall experience: Will not make the same mistake of booking at your place and nor will suggest another.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The only reasons I can think to stay here is it is much cheaper than staying in Manhattan and it has easy access to the train. Otherwise, the rooms are super small and the doors are extremely loud, so you will find yourself woken by slamming doors. There is free parking but it is VERY limited. Once we got a spot we could not move the car for fear of losing our spot. The breakfast selection is limited and the breakfast room is small. The housekeeping staff was pretty unhelpful. If you are looking for a cheap room and access to the train you can pick this hotel, but don't expect anything beyond that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Keeping this short and sweet, housekeeping catches up on each other's evenings at 7:30 a.m. right in front of your room. I asked three times to keep it down to no avail. They put us in a basement and the hotel is nowhere near what was advertised. Save your money people and do not stay here. Rooms are small.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms upstairs