The receptionist (Mody) of your franchise at long island city (31-36 Queen's blvd, long island city), was just terrible. With very poor listening skills, extremely rudely behaved and just unprofessional.
Couple of examples:
1. The rooms we saw were advertised as one's with Microwave available, but this was not the case, as the Microwave was available only in the common breakfast area.
2. We had booked a double room and we were six people(4 adults and 2 children). Our impression was that we'll have two rooms, to our surprise we found that the rooms had two queen bed. When we checked with the receptionist about our predicament, he not only rubbished our pre-sumptions but also didn't listen to the feedback that we'd had to provide. I understand that our understanding was different from what was offered, and we could have been wrong, however it would have made a difference if the receptionist 'listened' to our thoughts and calmed our anxiety by offering a solution. What he did was totally 'reactionary', 'demonstrate unprofessional attitude and behavior, by constantly interrupting when we were speaking', when we booked a second room, and the confirmation was not received by the franchisee, he not only made me call the toll free number but also took my phone and started speaking with the representative, as a customer what I'd have liked was for him to make a call from his business phone and resolve the delay, this was totally unacceptable'.
3. I had to look for some creamer and was looking into the fridge, he not only shouted at me telling 'hello hello', and motioned with his hands that I should not be taking anything from the fridge, rather than meeting me personally and addressing me with courtesy and letting me know that he could help. This wast so crass, and I almost lost my temper at him, but remained quiet as there were other guests.
4. The rooms were crazily cramped with little or not space to move around the room.
5. The price I paid was $129/night for a king size bed room, and I would have got the same for a better deal at Holiday Inn near the LaGuardia airport.
Overall experience: Will not make the same mistake of booking at your place and nor will suggest another.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Days Inn
- Days Inn Long Island City New York