“Improvements in every respect.Friendly and attentive...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hutchinson, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here because of the proximity to the subway MTA 7 train. It was convenient, and the rooms were clean. The problems are that the rooms are quite small, including the dining area which never had enough room to sit any of the 4 mornings that we were there. The spacious photos on the website... yeah not in the rooms that we stayed in.

The proximity to the subway is both a blessing and a curse. If you are on the north side of the hotel, you hear it all night. The south side isn't so bad.

The elevator in the hotel is quite small, and the second-slowest elevator that I've ever ridden on. We took the stairs quite a bit because it was faster and easier.

Speaking of the elevator, it also dings every time that it hits your floor. The hotel is so small that you hear that bell all night long. You also hear every single door in the hotel, as they're set to slam quite hard.

As far as safety goes, I wouldn't want my wife or daughters staying there alone. During the week there's lots of kids going to the community college across the street, so there's a sense of safety. On the weekends however they are all missing and it's pretty dark and quiet on the 2 block walk from the MTA to the hotel.

On a final note about service, we asked the front desk to hold our bags for a couple of hours since we had a late flight home. They refused saying that they didn't have room. Technically that's probably true, but it's still frustrating that after spending $500 with them they weren't about to do anything to help us out.

Room Tip: The south side away from the tracks seemed quieter. Pick something on a lower floor so you can just...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pathetic service, pathetic location and the world smallest room.
1. I wonder why Americans are never managers of hotels or motels, for all the countries I have visited the person at the front desk is from that country with that said the front office staff sucked. A fellow traveler asked a simple question and the manager on duty was too busy on his cell phone to help.
2. Who ever thought of putting a Days Inn at the location should have been shot. If you ever watched the Blues Brother and saw where Jaked lived you will know what I mean. I stood at the window and I know if you kept your blinds open those on the subway could see you.
3. I had a suitcase and did not have any room to put it anywhere. I had a double room with four people if they eached carried a suitcase I would not even be able to tell you where you could put them. The room was so small three pizza boxes could not be placed anywhere without getting in the way.
I read the other comments. My first reaction is that I am from the southern states and would never ever come back to New York. Only for a day trip or if I had $5000 for a upscale room. I enjoyed New York City except where the tourists are (which I was one but.) The stupid people dressed as imaginary creatures, where they force you to have your picture taken with them and then asking for a tip. New York City is a great visit for one day.

Room Tip: Think about this. How many peoples feet, food and liquids have been on the carpet you are standing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!