“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Queens, New York, United States
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Check in was a real breeze I booked using priceline I don't think it took me 5 minutes to check in. Hotel is located 2 blocks from the #7 train which will take you to time square and rockafeller center. Taxi rides to most attractions were under 50 bucks round trip. Room was kind of cramped but I am a big person and the size of the bed and the flat screen tv made up for that small inconvenience. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and modern. My room was #609 and I was not bothered at all by the noisy near by train. Tho walking distance to restaurants is rather limited there are plenty in the area that will deliver which I took advantage of on a daily basis. The hotel is also located right next door to a 7/11 where you can get soft drinks or a quick snack or coffee if you miss the continental breakfast.. As for the bed I chose a room with a king size and wow was it comfortable that is one thing I am going to miss when I go back home tomorrow. The neighborhood was very crowded and busy but that is the norm for New York however you are not bothered by the noise inside your room. The staff was very friendly and not rude at all.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for a cheap close to Manhattan hotel then this is the ideal one for you. If you are looking for 5 star amenities and a large room you might want to look else ware but you will also pay for it.

Room Tip: Try to get room 609 or 611 and you wont be bothered by the train noise. Room 611 might even offer a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Checking in the first day I was given a key that when I went up to the room, already had other people's belongings in it. When I went back down to the lobby the person on duty checked a piece of paper for about a minute and then gave me the re-coded keys to another room. No apologies whatsoever. Just a bad sign of customer service right from the start. Now I didn't start checking out the things of the first room I was given so I don't know if the bags I saw were garbage left behind or they were actually someone else's personal belongings but I thought at least surely the person on duty would apologize for making a mistake of giving access to someone else's belongings to a random person and show some remorse. At this point I'm thinking this guy doesn't care that I could have robbed one of his other guests, so he's not going to care about what else was going on in his hotel. Unfortunately I have a list of a few more things...

When we had checked into our room there was a trolley in the hallway for room service who were cleaning rooms on our floor at the time. When we got back to the room about 7 hours later the trolley was still there. Seemed weird that the sixth floor was being used as a storage closet for room service. I hoped since they'll go out of their way to show us that rooms are being cleaned the room would be in better condition than it was. First off on the bed skirt there was an odd splash stain at the bottom. Surprisingly it was even on both bed's skirts. It wasn't even a stain, it was somehow crusted on.

When I had decided to lay down in bed I saw a hair immediately. I was already in bed now so I could give the benefit of the doubt that it was actually my hair though. That's when I saw the toe nail clipping. With toe nail dirt underneath. Definitely not mine.

Not relating to the cleanliness of the room the shower was also broken. I can't imagine with so many things wrong with one room they could have shown me another room at all better.

We had chosen this hotel because staying in Manhattan would have been too expensive and it was very close to the subway. It was not a fair trade off for everything that happened wrong with the hotel and next time I will definitely listen to my first instinct rather than "it's just for one night and we won't even spend time in the room!"

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Concord
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms were small compare to what was shown on line, the sheets had hair and dirt all over them, we were given sheets by the front end help and those sheets were just as dirty.Aabsolutely no parking for customers very limited parking space. I call days inn customer service and was told that the manager had the last say to credit us for that night and Raul the manager refuse to and was a complete jerk. We check out first thing in the morning, as for breakfast it was nasty, eggs was freezing cold, toaster was broken, overall dinning space was very small. This was the worse Days Inn Hotel . I am really requesting a full refund for my hard time and mental troubles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HARRISBURG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thought that room would have microwave and it didn't had it and staff refuse to provide one.
Lift was not working after we checked inn so for 2 days we had to go up by stairs on the 6th floor. Remote was not working so I ask from the bell desk to give me another one but no one showed up to change the remote so I had to go down by the stairs to get it as I said the Lift was not working.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Long Island City? Share your experiences!