“Best Stay in NYC so far” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
DC
“Best Stay in NYC so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was a really clean hotel that was a 15 minute subway ride from Times Square. It was right around the corner from a subway station. The neighborhood felt kind of run down, but honestly it felt like nobody would bother me if I didn't bother them. I don't know how I would have felt if I was by myself as a female in that neighborhood, but I was good with my husband there. I have, in the past, spent more money on a hotel in New York while sharing a bathroom. I got two nights for $159 - not bad. This felt more like a little piece of home once you are inside the hotel. NYC is always a compromise, you can spend a lot of money for a nice hotel or you can shop around for a good deal. This was the best deal yet. I would recommend to anyone except maybe a female traveling along and that is only because I never travel alone anyway.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I found this to be an excellent hotel, especially considering the price and proximity to Manhattan. The rooms were well sized for the New York City area, cleanliness was exceptional, and the staff was friendly. For context, I was in New York to visit a native there, and only up from Texas for a fast weekend. I’m normally one to point out flaws and such, but I really could not find any with this hotel.

The hotel is about a two block (5 minute) walk to the subway (either Queens Plaza or Queensboro Plaza depending on what line you need) from there trains run quite frequently into Manhattan – I think from hotel to Manhattan it usually took me about 20 minutes. I would say the walk is pretty safe, even at night. On arrival you can take the E directly from JFK to Queens Plaza – however, it goes through some very sketchy areas between the airport and the hotel, so if you arrive at night as I did, I recommend taking the LIRR to Penn, then going back out on the E to Queens Plaza.

My room was immaculate and looked recently remodeled. The bed was super-comfy. My view was nothing special, but nor was it an alley or anything. For a hotel of this class, it was quite good – for example, while some NYC hotels will have tiny pillows and chincy sheets, this one had a full bed and four huge pillows. Plenty of hot water, and even a mini-fridge! The elevator worked fine. I believe parking is $10 a day in their underground garage. The lobby was secure at night, a desk clerk had to wave me in.

I’d stay here again and again. I also would recommend it to friends and family. Overall, it is a great way to be near NYC and see the city, without getting into high-priced city hotels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed in this hotel during the UN Procurement Forum. The hotel is very well located close to the subway. The rooms are more than convenient and the Staff is extremely helpfull. We really loved this hotel!
At the end of our planned stay in New York, we were obliged to stay longer because of the volcanic cloud. There was no doubt: we returned to the Verve Hotel. Due to his excellent reputation, the hotel was full booked in the meantime.
We can compare the Verve's service with other hotels now: Verve is the best!

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

the stays at the verve hotel have been like home away from home. the staff are friendly and go out of their way to please. everything you need for comfort away from home is in your room or at the front desk. if you're going to stay in new york city, the verve hotel should be your choice.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I travel all over the country and the hospitality and service has been great. I would recomend this hotel too everyone.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

During my recent visit to long Island City, I booked rooms for a total of 19 days and really appreciated the comforts of the Verve Hotel. I know that I was there on business, but enjoyed my stay as if I had all the comforts of home. I trully would like to thank the management and staff for making our stay as comfortable as possible.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My company has been working in the NYC area for the last several weeks. The staff at this location go above and beyond on their service! I have traveled for over 20 years and this is by far the best service that I have ever had at any place that I have stayed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection? Share your experiences!