“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
California
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the verve a couple of weeks back. I enjoyed my stay . Felt like i was home , room was to my liking slept amazing on a king size bed. Staff friendly. Tom was great with directions. The front
desk anthony had amazing food choices for me. Always had a smile and a great sense of humor shared
a couple of laughs. The area was
ok but who cares when u can literally take a train anywhere you want. Overall i will be staying at the verve when i come back tony. Management did a great job on training their workers it helps you feel like you have friends in a brand new place.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What really sets the Verve apart from other hotels is its amazing staff. Everyone who works here is friendly, helpful and goes out of his or her way to please. It was raining one morning - front desk found umbrellas for us to borrow. Another night, the front desk found a way to open my can of ravioli when my can opener broke. He even offered to help me carry it back to my room. Very, very nice staff who made me and my son feel we were staying with family. We hated to leave, even nine days later. A welcoming smile and cold water on arrival, free coffee and cold water 24 hours a day.The Verve is located between 2 subway stations within a 5-minute walk, a third station is a bit farther. Clean rooms. Great view of the city. Free breakfast (a basic offering of bagels, eggs, cereal, juice and 24-hour free coffee.). Free use of washer/dryer - and laundry detergent sold for just $1!!! Safe location as well - we returned after a late show and had no concerns. This was our second visit within two years to the Verve -- a nice value and affordable way to visit New York City. My only complaint was the free wi-fi in the rooms kept going out, but that wasn't really the hotel's fault. And there are two computers set up downstairs to use. It's the staff that really make this hotel. They couldn't do enough for us, going out of their way to give us great directions to the subway and the Museum of the Moving Image.

Room Tip: Request a city view and a high floor for the best views. Breakfast room sometimes gets crowded, so g...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a great value. Stayed two nights (July 31 an August 1) in double room with two teens. Staff were very pleasant and helpful in terms of suggestions for restaurants and directions to transportation. Rooms were perfectly fine. Breakfast buffet was carb heavy (cereal, bread/bagels, waffles) and also eggs and sausage. Would have benefitted from yogurt and granola options. Buffet staff kept everything stocked and there was plenty of food, just would have liked to see a healthier option as well. Great location for easy access to Long Island City museums and quick access into Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we had lived in Astoria (a few avenues down from where the hotel is located) we had heard good reviews of this hotel, so when we came back for a funeral, we decided to stay here. The price was very good...the location convenient and they have a small garage where we parked our rental car for a reasonable price. We were given upgrades to a suite, which we appreciated, the service was very good, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was immaculate...however...there were several large, glaring stains on the carpet and a stain/burn on the club chair...two things they could fix easily and this would have been an excellent review. My husband's brother also stayed in a suite and he had stains on his carpet as well. Knowing the neighborhood I would want to tell people, coming here for the first time, that it is conveniently located close to the train station (a few minutes will get you to Manhattan), but if you are coming home from a Broadway play or opera or something very late in the night, I'd take a cab rather than the train. The neighborhood where the hotel is located is not that great. Walking in the daytime or early evening when people are getting home from work is OK, though. The hotel itself has a tiny lobby (space is a premium), but the breakfast room was large enough to accommodate a small crowd and the breakfast was surprisingly good for a complimentary breakfast (we have stayed in many chain hotels with complimentary breakfast and this one was quite above average) I would say Our hotel room was very well kept if not for the stains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not overlook the construction site next door.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for two nights whilst on a stop over in New York and was pleasantly surprised. It is a fairly basic hotel in terms of decor but for the price I thought it was good enough and I would definitely stay here again. Despite some of the other reviews on here I actually found all off the staff really pleasant and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was fine and the location was handy for the subway both into Manhattan and to JFK airport. No complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

i booked this hotel with the expectations to get what i paid for and i got more than what i paid for! the front desk agent anthony was very helpful. he gave me and my family diffrent options of what to do in this beautiful city. every place he recommended my family loved. besides being a good tour guide he seemed very proffesional and polite. he was very informative and asked all the questions to help us decide what to do. the rooms and hotel was very nice and beautiful. the breakfast wasnt really of my liking but we would go out and have breakfast so that wasnt an issue. i would def book this hotel the next time im in nyc!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Came here for a two night stay with my husband and booked the jacuzzi room. Overall the place is alright, but nothing fancy. The Jacuzzi was nice, but I found the room to be a bit dirty for my liking (stains on the bedding/dusty). Overall staff was friendly, room was big, and we had a nice time. Considering its proximity to Manhattan and cost, its was a good deal.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple