“Extremely satisfied A++” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Extremely satisfied A++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Very nice clean attractive hotel! I was very impressed. From the time I came to the time I left! Tom was the best. He should be considered a very valuable employee! I have never seen such dedication in my life! We had a really good time. Breakfast was very good as well!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here again recently for a Week with Girlfriends! I highly recommend this hotel. The staff is fantastic, the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. It's a short walk to the Subway like less than 5 mins. double check with the hotel staff which exit to take, there is one closer to the hotel to exit off at :)
the staff was great, they gave us food recommendation and ordered Cab's for us and got us a shuttle to the Airport and held our Luggage for us the day we were leaving

The breakfast was awesome, Waffles, Sausage pastries cereal fruit and Juice. Also 24 hour Coffee which was awesome to have on hand with to-go cups to take with you :)

lastly those heavenly beds.... you know that longing for your own bed when you are on your way home from a trip? nope.... this bed was better than any crazy resort or 5 star hotel i've stayed at...

this was my second time here and i will never stay anywhere else when i come to NYC :)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Bellevue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted to celebrate my birthday by vacationing in NYC, the city of my birth... so I wanted to find a hotel with an inexpensive rate... and being a disabled military veteran, an accessible room was essential. What attracted me to the Verve Hotel was the nightly rate, which I thought was very reasonable for a hotel in NYC. The fact that an accessible room was available was a big plus. And, because I don't drive a car, the hotel's proximity to public transportation was a REALLY BIG plus. And, judging from so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to make this hotel my choice.

Check-in was a breeze... and you are given a bottle of water too! The hotel staff were friendly and efficient, providing subway maps and other helpful information. I was very satisfied with the accessible features of my room. It was nice to have a mini-refrigerator in the room. The free wi-fi was a bit slow at times, but met my needs. There is a room safe, if you choose to use it. The view out of my window gave a nice view of the city. The ice machine and elevators were conveniently located around the corner from my room. There is a water dispenser, coffee machine and microwave always available downstairs near the breakfast room, along with a business center with 2 computers and 2 printers (the printer was very useful for printing out maps). The Wall Street Journal is available for free in the lobby.

The free buffet breakfast was fairly diverse, combining hot and cold items. The type of eggs offered varied by day-- hard-boiled, or mini-omelet, or scrambled. Plus sausage, two waffle-making devices, cereals, breads, juices, and condiments.

Proximity to public transportation was excellent. You have a choice of three different subway stations within a 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel, depending on where you wanted to go. For a disabled person like me, using a knee walker, it was great that the Queens Plaza station on the E/M/R lines has a elevator access to the station, Otherwise, you have the Queensboro Plaza station on the 7/N/Q lines, and the 39th Avenue station on the N/Q lines (the closest to the hotel). For those non-drivers out there, this is just awesome!

Long Island City is a neighborhood in transition, with gentrification and development taking place. Retail, hotels, residential development, and dining places are transforming the area. If you are willing to walk a few minutes from the hotel, you'll find just about anything you need. It was no big deal finding places to eat or grocery stores to stock my mini-refrigerator. Otherwise, the hotel offers a lot of eating places with room delivery options. (I was very satisfied with the pizza and pasta offered by Mike's Pizza!)

A few quibbles. It would have been a lot more convenient if all rooms had microwaves! With my disability, it was rather inconvenient to go downstairs to the microwave to heat my food. And even though the hotel offers free washers and dryers (a nice amenity), during my stay, they were out of service, due to defective parts. And I was not used to a hotel immediately charging my credit card upon arrival... other places I stayed at would not charge until check-out. What if I had a problem with the accommodations? How easy or difficult would it be to make an adjustment? Thankfully, I was quite satisfied with my stay.

So, to sum up, it was a very nice birthday vacation, and I am glad that I chose the Verve Hotel. You are close to all the sights Manhattan has to offer, without paying Manhattan prices. Long Island City is a neighborhood worth considering, and the Verve was a nice part of that. If you choose not to drive like me, the public transportation options are excellent. If you are disabled like me, the hotel can suit your needs. The Verve rocks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, on a high floor.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time in NYC, chosen and stayed at this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I can talk only best about this little place where everybody feels like big family. Originally I was searching for place to stay on Manhattan prior to my first visit to NYC, but came across good reviews and only fraction of the price than what I would pay only two subway stations away over the bridge from Queens to Manhattan. Rooms were cleaned and serviced daily, bathrooms excellent. To go to Manhattan you have options to walk to 3 different subway station within 5 minutes depends on what part of Manhattan you wanna visit. This is place where I would stay any time and difference of money saved would rather spend on prime time dinning or Broadway musicals.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked through Hipmunk which was my biggest mistake. I needed a hotel to stay in overnight before a flight out of JFK in the morning and this hotel came up as "near to JFK" and Hipmunk's description page indicated that there was an airport shuttle available to get folks to the airport.

On my way to the hotel, I realized the hotel was much further from JFK than I anticipated... it's much closer to Laguardia (LGA) and I called the hotel to ask about the shuttle service. They don't actually have shuttle service. They have a deal with the taxi drivers/limos to get people to the airport for a flat rate ($40) for JFK. Hipmunk customer support said that this matched their very weak definition of "airport shuttle" service, so I was unable to recoup that cost. If I had known it would be that much extra to get to the airport, I would have reexamined the distance and found someplace much closer that had a free airport shuttle, or just gotten a taxi from my starting point in central jersey which would have cost me far less than the gas and tolls to get into the city, the cost of food, the "shuttle" and the hotel itself.

Aside from this, the hotel was mostly fine. Outside looks a little run-down but inside is clean and presentable though they needed to do a better job of clearing ice from their sidewalks. Free breakfast was ok.

One other issue was that I asked for a wakeup call and I'm glad I set my own alarm because they never actually called me.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hall and they hadn't turned the heat on prior to my arrival. It was...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel! First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Good hearty breakfast. Only 5 minutes from Manhattan by subway. Excellent value for the money. Only downside was the walk from the subway station to the hotel at night. We will definitely go back to this hotel for our return trip to NY.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

This is an OK Hotel in an emerging fringe neighborhood of Long Island City...Steps from the R train elevated on an industrial corridor bordering the old Saint Patricks neighborhood.The hotel itself is 2 to 3 stars...clean,well maintained,secure....decent breakfast and fresh coffee all day.

I personally experienced an incident (Of which I was at fault) in which I was berated,deflated,and excoriated by a manager who would have been perfect for the gestapo.
An employee of his,..TOM,....intervened to handle the problem professionally.courteously and humanistically...and literally,saved the day (and the night for me)....He is the true management material there-isn't it funny how that happens?

So i give the hotel 2 to 3 stars at best with added bonus for Tom,,,,a 5 star kind of guy.

I hope upper management reads this review...(I just might alert them to it).... Tom deserves to be praised for his excellent service to the hotel.He is truly an asset.

Room Tip: Dont blow smoke in 304!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection? Share your experiences!