This is a belated review--I have been meaning to endorse the Verve Hotel as a very good alternative to Manhattan hotels. Although it's on the other side of the East River, in just two subway stops you're in Midtown. We used the nearby Queens Plaza station (a short 3-block walk), and the E train took us to nearly all our destinations (we bought 3-day passes which were good for any subway or any bus). The Verve staff was very helpful & friendly. Quiet neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York