I've read a few new reviews that were posted while we were staying at this property - debating it's 3 star status.
According to the world rating system a 3 star property has
- Reception opened 14 hours, accessible by phone 24 hours from inside and outside
-Three piece suite at the reception, luggage service
-Beverage offer in the room
-Telephone in the room
-Internet access in the room or in the public area
-Heating facility in the bathroom, hair-dryer, cleansing tissue
-Dressing mirror, place to put the luggage/suitcase
-Sewing kit, shoe polish utensils, laundry and ironing service
-Additional pillow and additional blanket on demand
-Systematic complaint management system
We stayed there for 3 nights in early May and can confirm that the reception was manned at all times, had a nice seating area available in the reception area and two phones were available in our standard King room for use.
I needed a sewing kit and one was provided by reception. There were additional pillows available in the room, and I have no reason to doubt an additional blanket would have been provided had I asked for one. There were coffee making facilities in the room and at reception, and bottled water was provided free of charge by reception on arrival, and when asked for.
There was free wifi in the room, as well as a hair dryer and iron/iron board. The hotel also had a washer and dryer you could use free of charge. There were several mirrors in the room. I had no reason to complain so can't confirm the final item.
So, the hotel definitely meets it's 3 star rating and goes beyond it. No, it's not a luxury hotel, but you weren't paying for a luxury hotel - in fact the hotel was the lowest price I found for the ease of transportation in to Manhattan. The rooms are huge, whilst being a short walk to several New York subway lines.
The hotel offers air con and heating in the room, plus a large tv. The bed was comfortable and the area quiet. The had free computers and printer available for use by guests, as well as a gym and vending machines and ice machines spread amongst the floors. From our room window you could also see the Manhattan skyline. They provided an ample free breakfast that we made use of each day.
All in all we had a problem free, lovely stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and recommend it to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York