This hotel was excellent value on my deal. Okay, it is one of the older hotels (not quite "luxury") and is not as slick as the new and neighboring Four Points or Holiday Inn hotels but it is still very good for most travelers.
Staff are generally friendly and helpful. Facilities are pretty good for the size of the hotel i.e. exercise room with some decent equipment, a washing machine and dryer for guests + you can buy some detergent at the front desk, games room with pool (or foosball table? - didn't pay attention), vending machines on each floor, free coffee, a small computer center with printing facility (it would be really nice to see better quality keyboards at the center though), 24-hour front desk, standard daily room service and changing of linens and toiletries etc. The wi-fi connection is really stable and fast. Rooms and bathrooms are slightly old but still nice and spacious enough with adequate furnishing, coffee maker and a little fridge + the usual ironing board and iron (you'll never know how useful this can be!).
The complimentary breakfast (features cheese, waffles, eggs, bagels, cereals, juices, coffee, sausages etc.) is the same everyday but is good enough since there aren't too many people who do something exotic for breakfast. I never really tired of it since I'm the sort who's happy to alternate between waffles, bagels and cereals.
The location is also pretty good since you're only 10 minutes walk away from the 39th Ave-Beebe Ave subway station to take the N, Q or R lines DIRECTLY into the main parts of Manhattan about a 20 minute ride. Very useful. However, this hotel doesn't have a bar/restaurant onsite so you'll need to find options nearby (there are some) and LIC is not the most happening part of NYC but Astoria is and it's only 2-3 stops away on the metro. Still good in my books.
The price I got on my deal was very special though and very low for NYC standards considering some people rent out rooms in their apartment at comparable prices in certain parts of the city. I was very happy with the value for money.
All in all, a good place to stay for location, value for money and general facilities/standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York