We stayed for 5 nights in September 2012. Staying in Long Island City gives perhaps the best value for money in New York. Verve Hotel was easy to get to on the Metro from the airport, only a 10 minute walk to the station from the hotel. Also super quick into Manhattan, only a few stops and you're already in Times Square. We loved coming back in the evening away from the noise of Manhattan and relaxing in our room.
The staff are really lovely, and the room was huge and clean. We stayed on the fourth floor and had a view towards the city.
I would definitely recommend both this hotel and Long Island City if you're visiting New York. There are some great restaurants and café's within walking distance of the hotel, in particular Tokyo Sushi Bar & Japanese and Sweetleaf Coffee shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York