Stayed here on arrival from Scotland for a few days with friends before heading off to other destinations in USA but again returning for another few days stay prior to return flight home from Newark.
We had 3 rooms booked during first stay and 2 rooms on second stay. On both occasions we found the reception staff on arrival to be very friendly and welcoming arranging our rooms to be adjacent and all admin stuff sorted out as quick and efficient as possible.
The rooms were spacious, clean with all mod cons needed (Tea / Coffee facilities, TV, Phone, Radio Alarm and most importantly a first class air conditioner). The rooms are serviced & cleaned each day and fresh towels put in the bathroom. Elevator is available to each floor.
A complimentary breakfast service is available to all guests in a separate seating area that to be honest goes beyond the expectations of complimentary and other bigger more expensive hotels could learn a few things here. Staff are available throughout continually refreshing food and drinks.
Tea & Coffee is available 24 hours a day in the reception area free of charge. Vending machines are additionally available to supply soft drinks etc.
An excellent super fast Wi-Fi service is available throughout the hotel and again this is complimentary, the reception staff explain how to log on and supply the necessary password on arrival. Additionally there are 3 computer terminals for residents use free of charge including printing of any documents.
There is a launderette available and in line with everything else is complimentary and free of charge.
Small decked patio area to the rear of the hotel that is secluded and a sun trap for most of the day. Table & chairs with sun loungers are available for residents use.
There are two Metro stations close by the hotel that can be reached within 3 to 5 minutes walk, and are serviced by lines that will take you straight into New York City and all the attractions. taxi to the Queens area where all the restaurants are situated will cost you around $8.
We certainly enjoyed our stay at the Verve Hotel and without doubt would use again for any future visits to New York and have no hesitation in recommending to others.
PLUS POINTS - Nice relaxed atmosphere with very friendly and polite staff.
MINUS POINTS - really struggling with a minus but if I was to come up with anything; Our flight home was late evening and a room to shower & change in after normal departure time would be good before heading to the airport at a realistic hourly rate. But this would not put me off especially considering all the facilities this hotel offers free of charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York