Rooms: large not only by New York standards, but also by just about any hotel standard. Attractively furnished; windows that open. Relatively quiet--some street and/or elevated train noise, but nothing too bothersome (especially if you turn on the room fan). Plenty of pillows and toiletries. Comfortable bed. We had a refrigerator, jacuzzi tub, and robes provided; some rooms have a bit fewer amenities and some a bit more. There were a few cleanliness glitches but nothing major; overall, I was very impressed with our room.
Food: Hot and cold buffet breakfast perfectly fine, nothing unusual: eggs, sausage, waffles, and then all the usual breads, one kind of fruit, cereals; also cheese the day we were there. Will definitely start your day well. Staff very attentive. But: don't go right before they close as some hot food may have run out and what is there will be removed promptly at 9:30 am. This seems early to me, especially on a weekend and when combined with a strong sense that it's time for you to leave the breakfast room at 9:35. There is a 24-hour coffee machine, however, that serves hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino, as well, which is a nice touch.
Parking: $25 per night to park in a clean, well-lit, secured space under the hotel; you can take the stairs or the elevator directly into the hotel. Might not be suitable for a very large vehicle but we managed with a Highlander. Parking is entered on the 40th Ave. side of hotel; our hotel directions from the LIE brought us in on the 29th St. side, however, and with one-way streets you have to circle around some to park. It looked as if there might be some street parking, too, which would probably be fine as long as you didn't have to leave anything in your car. (Speaking of streets, the directions from the LIE involve some tricky turns! Not the hotel's fault, but we were glad we had a spare adult to help navigate. GPS might help a lot.)
Other: fitness room on parking level, perfectly adequate. Make sure every member of your party carries ID as they ask for it at checkin. Staff friendly and helpful. Wifi service excellent.
I would have been happy to stay longer, and it seems as if it would be a great base for a NYC visit, especially if you were taking the subway. A great choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York