Where do I start..... This place is great on all levels. The staff are wonderful and have the best attitude and the room was just perfect in every way. The whole place omits a great vibe, generated by those that work within its 4 walls. Quite simply I love it, and here is why;
Parking - safe and secure underground parking
Room - we had a king suite room, it had a separate lounge and bedroom with a bathroom just off the lounge. Great space, well designed and very contemporary and well furnished. Great pillows (that makes a huge difference) and a great sized bed. We even had comp bath robes, great touch. And the coffee machine was the best I've used in a hotel room....ever. We also had a view of the Chrysler Building, which is nice at night.
Breakfast - great choice of hot and fresh breakfast. Self service but always well stocked. Free coffee and hot chocolate 24/7 is a bonus.
The Staff - WOW...WOW...WOW... You really can't ask any more of them. Their attitude is amazing and they are very geared and well prepared for the first time New York tourist. Good advice and always willing to help. It wasn't just one of them either, it was every single person in that place. Thank you to all of you, even you the night porter. Tom, the manager/owner (I'm not sure which), has obviously hand picked his staff well and his leadership is reflected in his team.
Location - only 2 blocks away from 2 subway stations and in a safe neighbourhood at any hour of the day or night. You are also just 6 minutes from 5th Avenue or 12 minutes from Times Square. As a novice New York tourist I bought a metro card and downloaded the mta app to my phone, it couldn't be easier.
Overall then, it was just the most pleased experience, and when I return to NYC, which I certainly will, then I will be booking back into room 408, and staying here agin.
Massive THANK YOU to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Verve Hotel in Long Island City, an Ascend Collection hotel near Manhattan. Offering boutique accommodations in the heart of Long Island City, the Verve Hotel, an Ascend CollectionTM hotel, is within walking distance to Silvercup Studios film and television production facility. Local points of interest like the LaGuardia Airport, downtown Manhattan, Long Island University and the Queens Zoo are less than four miles from this Long Island City, NY hotel. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Long Island City
- Ascend Collection Long Island City
- Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection Long Island City, New York