“Stay Here - You cant ask for more.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40-03 29th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Bangalore, India
“Stay Here - You cant ask for more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 5 Day's after reading the rave reviews the hotel got on Tripadvisor and I must say that the hotel lived up to its expectations and more!!!!
The Check in staff are a delight with everyone going absolutely out of their way to help you out with every little query.They were quick, friendly and informative and gave us a run down on all the hotel and its surroundings had to offer with all transportation, shopping options available in the vicinity.
The hotel rooms are HUGE by New York standards. I was a little surprised at the size of the rooms as I had been warned by earlier visits by friends to New York that the hotel rooms are absolute pigeon holes.
The rooms were big, simply decorated and very clean with all the usual offerings which included coffee maker,room safe, Flat screen TV with a good choice of channels and a big big bed which slept my wife, my 3 year old son and myself comfortably.
The bathroom was of a good size with Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries and was clean when we got the room and was also kept spotlessly clean during our stay by the house keeping staff.
Breakfast is always included with all the rooms and was sufficient enough to get us started in the morning and consisted of scrambled eggs,a make your own pancake station, turkey bacon, toast, bagels,cereal,juice,milk etc.
A great touch was a machine just outside the breakfast room which dispensed some super coffee,Mocha and hot chocolate which was available unlimited self service to the hotel guests 24/7.
Location wise the hotel had 3 subways within a 5 minute walk which could get you almost all over New York without having to change a train.
Families please note - if you have a child stroller with you, it is a task going up and down the stairs to the subway.
All in all, was a great stay, and I would definitely love to stay at this hotel if I went back to New York.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1,065 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Lisburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago and I can highly recommend it. The room was very big, spotlessly clean and much, much cheaper than staying in Manhattan which is only a few minutes away by subway. Yahaira on reception was very friendly and helpful, like all the staff and I'd advise you to consider this hotel when travelling to New York.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Returning for the second time (always a good sign), myself and my husband enjoyed our stay @ the Verve just as much as the first. The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of a choice of three subway stations that take you into Manhattan (the closest is a 5min walk away). The area has always seemed perfectly safe (I know some areas of Queens can have a bit of a bad rep) and we were out well after dark at times. The room we were given again had an amazing view of the city (AMAZING) and this is the real selling point for us. That and the free breakfast and free reliable 23hr wifi to check out touristy things and keep in touch with home. Make sure to be at breakfast before 9 as it gets busy! And be sure to try the waffles in the DIY waffle maker :) 24hr access to tea and coffee and free Internet and printer.
Staff very friendly and efficient. Check in and out very quick. Rooms cleaned every day.

I don't believe you can get better bang for your buck than this hotel. Very affordable with so many extras. We will definitely be back to the Verve before long!! Thanks again :)

• Stayed April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

With the great location (10-15mins away from Manhattan, 5mins away from the subway station and 30-40mins away from JFK airport), breakfast as well as clean and spacious room, it is considerably pretty cheap, if you are comparing with the hotels in Manhattan.

Breakfast starts from 6.30am and though the variety is not much, it's enough to fill our stomachs before we head out to explore the city. There's a water dispenser and a coffee machine just outside the eating area, so you can basically fill up your water bottle with water or grab a cup of hot latte before heading out for the day.

The receptionists are super friendly and helpful. Didn't really quite get their name, but I guess one of them is Justin, I think. They gave us the subway map and attended to our questions really patiently. Being in NYC for the first time and on the first day, I do get quite nervous. So meeting nice and helpful people did make me felt a lot better.

There are a couple of convenience stores a few blocks away from the hotel. There is a Mike's Pizza just behind the hotel, selling good and cheap pizza. There's nothing much in the neighbourhood. But we did feel safe somehow, walking around the area in the evening, trying to look for food for dinner (in the end we settled for Mike's).

There are two subway stations that are quite near to the hotel, 39 Av and Queens Plaza. if you are coming from JFK airport, you will probably alight at Queens plaza. It was tough for us to find the place initially because we didn't prepare any map to get to the place. So just a tip for people like me, there are a couple of exits, go for the one that once you get out of the subway, you see a small park, like really small (that I don't even know if that's considered a park at all). Cross over to the park, and scan upwards around you for the building with VERVE on it. Once you spot the building, you will automatically know how to get there. I used the 39 Av station to get to Manhattan.

The room is spacious and clean and the bed is really comfortable. Overall, we enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay with Verve again on our next visit to NYC.

State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay to visit Manhattan. The rooms are large, appear new, and are very comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The subway ride into Manhattan is easy and close- easier than many places in Manhattan where you will pay more for an older room and indifferent staff. Don't plan to travel by taxi though- the yellow cabs don't circulate here and the cars the desk will call for you are expensive. The free breakfast even included hot (well warm) eggs and turkey sausage, as well as a variety of other options. The breakfast room area is adequately sized, nothing fancy.
If you are arriving by plane, the location is very convenient to LGA and JFK- closer than Manhattan. Unfortunately for the three times we have stayed here, we arrived by car from the west so we had to traverse Manhattan which is bad enough, but finding your way around Queens is really difficult. Only on our third visit did we find the place without difficulty. Neither our gps nor our computer printed directions were adequate to prepare us for poor signage, being in the wrong lane causing us to miss turns, rude drivers, ridiculous street names in Queens (e.g., 47 St., 47 Ave., 47 Place might all be in the same area), one-way streets and construction. Next time I come I will buy a really good old-fashioned street map so I will be prepared. I can only suggest that it is easier to find from the bridge than the tunnel. Or don't drive. Parking was $25/night onsite so we asked about other options and parked down the street for $20/night- every little bit helps and the garage guy was super nice.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

my partner and I stayed at the Verve recently for 6 nights and found it to be a great hotel....excellent value for money, nice rooms, very helpful, friendly staff...the manager/owner (Tom) is extremely helpful and friendly....the subway is only a 5 minute walk away and 6 stops to Times Square...we found travel on the subway very safe and excellent value for money....thanks to all at The Verve and we highly recommend staying here

Room Tip: our room only had a very small wardrobe..if possible get one with larger wardrobe, however large and...
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week and were suprised at how nice the hotel was. It is close to the subway into New York City and the staff was helpful. We were told by the staff to check out the view from the Queensburogh bridge. I would say skip it as it is noisy with traffic and there isn't much of a view. We ended up walking the entire bridge and into central park which was really not worth the time or view. Otherwise our visit was a pleasant one. Easy to access from Washington National on the subway and it cost us $40.00 in taxi fare to JFK.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection? Share your experiences!